Needing to gather some other data to duplicate an issue so BB will listen to me and escalate an issue they are unable to produce.

I have a gmail account going bak to 2007 or 2008 that I sure wouldn't mind have entirely synced (Forever) on my handset. Another move towards fully mobile computing! Especially since in all their infinite wisdom, BB 10 doesn't remote search gmail accounts (at least not in 10.1 MR, can't speak for leaks, but the damn OS has been out almost a year...)

Anyways, when I set up my gmail to sync Forever, it takes about 2 days on wifi to pull down all the email (8gb or so and 500k messages). A few more days go by while everything is indexing, and by day 5 or so things seem to be normal, except they're not.

After restarts, hub swipes, etc etc., the overall responsiveness of the device and OS is terrible. Load times in the hub are slow, replying to messages is slow, everything just seems to run like crap. Additionally, because of the way BB decided their intuitive "indexing" works, it scans every email looking for email addresses and decides those should be in your "recent contacts" when composing a message. Example, after the initial pull down, if I go to email myself, it suggests every email address I've had in the last 10 years that its found in my gmail messages, 2 old work addys, my college addy, my hotmail, yahoo, etc etc, that I don't have, instead of suggesting the 2 email addresses attached to my contact card, my work, and gmail. Kind of stupid if you ask me.

Because of this, I had to wipe the device and go to a 90 day sync.

I think that's highly annoying that the BB doesn't run properly when syncing Forever, but BB support can't duplicate because they can't find anyone with a gmail account as big as mine....never had this problem in BBOS!!

Long story short, if anyone has a huge gmail account and would humor me in testing a Forver sync, it could benefit us all if I can go back to BB CS and show them others are having the same issue.

Thanks all!
    10-19-13 11:01 AM
    Sorry but I can't honestly think of a reason anyone should keep 8GB or emails stored in any device. And you're surprised that the whole thing slows to a crawl when half the available memory is wasted?

Also, sorry but I can't believe you had 8GB of email on a BBOS device. How did you accomplish that? None of them ever had enough space for what you're proposing.

I'm really confused by this issue of yours.
    anon(1852343) likes this.
    10-19-13 05:48 PM
    Sorry but I can't honestly think of a reason anyone should keep 8GB or emails stored in any device. And you're surprised that the whole thing slows to a crawl when half the available memory is wasted?

Also, sorry but I can't believe you had 8GB of email on a BBOS device. How did you accomplish that? None of them ever had enough space for what you're proposing.

I'm really confused by this issue of yours.
    When it pulls down to the device, it doesn't download attachments. So my mailbox was 8gb, but the actual emails account for a gig, give or take. Also, you're not taking into account BIS compression on BBOS devices. Do some research before attempting to call someone out on something you don't fully understand.

And I really don't care you don't see a reason for me to keep all of my email on my device. I made it pretty clear why. You can't do remote searches in 10.1 and I constantly need to pull up old emails.

It's people like you that infuriate me on CB, because you have nothing valid to contribute to the discussion, you'd rather tell the OP why he or she is wrong and shouldn't be doing what they're doing/asking for help/feedback on.

Go unplug yourself and sit in timeout. Shame on you, Ambassador.

Posted via CB10 on 10.1.0.4780
    heppyX likes this.
    10-19-13 05:52 PM
    You can always use the browser if you really need to dig up an old email. I agree I'd love to see them add the good old search back, but still, hald the issue sounds off and not really a OS problem, rather than a lot of stuff being thrown into it.

But sure. I'll leave you be.
    10-19-13 05:58 PM
    You can always use the browser if you really need to dig up an old email. I agree I'd love to see them add the good old search back, but still, hald the issue sounds off and not really a OS problem, rather than a lot of stuff being thrown into it.

But sure. I'll leave you be.
    So you're saying I should have to use the browser to search for email because BlackBerry failed in OS10 to think about...well....email, and you're complacent with this oversight?

And for crying out loud, statements like "well if you really need to dig up old email".... who are you to judge what or how I need to access my email????? Are you in my shoes???? Nope...didn't think so.

So sad to see so many people accept this OS for failures like this when it's predecessors never even had to blink to include this, not to mention iOS and Droid....

Anyways, we're off topic thanks to you.

So back to my original and abundantly clear post. Would someone want to test their setup if it's similar?

10-19-13 06:02 PM
    /smh
    I been reading your post lately, and the only thing you been doing it's trying to bring controversy to the table,
    can you stop that **** and if you don't comfortable with the platform just leave, and let us be?
    10-19-13 06:17 PM
    /smh
    I been reading your post lately, and the only thing you been doing it's trying to bring controversy to the table,
    can you stop that **** and if you don't comfortable with the platform just leave, and let us be?
    Not sure what controversy my OP was on this, but thanks. Go away now.

10-19-13 06:18 PM
    Whoa no need to be hostile here!

Hopefully someone will be along shortly who can help.
    10-19-13 06:19 PM

Tell that to your Ambassador above, as well as gfondeur.

It seems that anytime I bring up an issue or bug in OS10, people don't like to hear about it here and either a) criticise how I use the device and say I shouldn't do "x" (see above) , or b) look over the issue and say "well if you don't like it then go back to BBOS"

10-19-13 06:24 PM

with that snarkiness I don't think anyone would want to. just saying.
    10-19-13 06:24 PM
    with that snarkiness I don't think anyone would want to. just saying.
    I didn't get snarky until everyone decided to go off-topic and attack me because they don't understand my personal email needs rather that have a meaningful discussion about a flaw I've found in the OS.

heppyX likes this.
    10-19-13 06:28 PM
    I would suggest using boomerang converted. I like my phone to be quick, so, never synced forever.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    10-19-13 06:29 PM
    I would suggest using boomerang converted. I like my phone to be quick, so, never synced forever.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/20/yqunu6y2.jpg

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    Hmmm, I'd rather not rely on a 3rd party solution to get email on a BlackBerry device.

10-19-13 06:40 PM
    When it pulls down to the device, it doesn't download attachments. So my mailbox was 8gb, but the actual emails account for a gig, give or take. Also, you're not taking into account BIS compression on BBOS devices. Do some research before attempting to call someone out on something you don't fully understand.

And I really don't care you don't see a reason for me to keep all of my email on my device. I made it pretty clear why. You can't do remote searches in 10.1 and I constantly need to pull up old emails.

It's people like you that infuriate me on CB, because you have nothing valid to contribute to the discussion, you'd rather tell the OP why he or she is wrong and shouldn't be doing what they're doing/asking for help/feedback on.

Go unplug yourself and sit in timeout. Shame on you, Ambassador.

And it's people like you who infuriate me. Just ignore the snide comments and don't attack back.

And I believe the BIS compression is only when the emails are being sent across the network. I'm pretty sure they get uncompressed when they land on the device, but don't quote me on that.

"Better a broken promise than none at all" (Mark Twain). Remember that, complainers. Via Q10.
    anon(5906760) likes this.
    10-19-13 06:44 PM
    And it's people like you who infuriate me. Just ignore the snide comments and don't attack back.

And I believe the BIS compression is only when the emails are being sent across the network. I'm pretty sure they get uncompressed when they land on the device, but don't quote me on that.

"Better a broken promise than none at all" (Mark Twain). Remember that, complainers. Via Q10.
    Oh good. You again. So happy to see you. I see you're contributing nonsense again.

Yes, BIS compression was xferring the emails over the network, but the attachments would still not automatically download onto the device. That required a click. What now. Any more holes to poke in on my OP? Why did you even bring that aspect of my post up? Rhyme? Reason? Just to be a pain in the a$$? Ah yes, that must be it.

10-19-13 06:49 PM
    I think we should all just take a deep breath here. I'm not familiar with the Legacy BlackBerry devices (the Z10 is my first BlackBerry and I love it!), but isn't it a fact that by having more files/data on your device you are basically allocating more RAM towards them? It's like on my old PC, I can never have less than 100GB of free storage because I know for a fact the system would start to lag and become inefficient.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    10-19-13 07:04 PM
    So you're saying I should have to use the browser to search for email because BlackBerry failed in OS10 to think about...well....email...
    For now, yes. Or one of the apps capable of doing this too.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 07:52 PM
    For now, yes. Or one of the apps capable of doing this too.

Posted via CB10
    Sad, right?

10-19-13 07:53 PM
    Oh good. You again. So happy to see you. I see you're contributing nonsense again.

Yes, BIS compression was xferring [sic] the emails over the network, but the attachments would still not automatically download onto the device. That required a click. What now. Any more holes to poke in on my OP? Why did you even bring that aspect of my post up? Rhyme? Reason? Just to be a pain in the a$$? Ah yes, that must be it.

Actually, I posted to (attempt to) clear up a misconception and to remind you to just ignore attackers or they'll keep coming back. I'm not one of those, and am not "contributing nonsense again" (and when was the other time I did this?). No need to get your hair in a knot.

And there is no need to respond. I gather that the last time I reminded you to be civil is still bugging you.

10-19-13 07:55 PM
    Tell that to your Ambassador above, as well as gfondeur.

It seems that anytime I bring up an issue or bug in OS10, people don't like to hear about it here and either a) criticise how I use the device and say I shouldn't do "x" (see above) , or b) look over the issue and say "well if you don't like it then go back to BBOS"

OP,
    Splendid Idea. Why not email it to idea mailbox of BlackBerry and request them to add this feature?

They will add it if they think it is worth adding it. If they don't then you can decide if you want to use BlackBerry or look for alternatives.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 09:20 PM
    OP,
    Splendid Idea. Why not email it to idea mailbox of BlackBerry and request them to add this feature?

They will add it if they think it is worth adding it. If they don't then you can decide if you want to use BlackBerry or look for alternatives.

Posted via CB10
    What's the address?

10-19-13 09:26 PM
    What's the address?

[email protected]

They won't respond but will read every email, I hear.

10-19-13 09:28 PM
    [email protected]

They won't respond but will read every email, I hear.

Thanks. Appreciate it.

10-19-13 09:34 PM
    Thanks. Appreciate it.

You could also try posting on Michael Clewley's (from BlackBerry) twitter feed. I think he usually responds pretty quickly and gets this info to the right people.

10-19-13 09:44 PM
    I think your best bet is that they add remote search for all accounts. Keeping that many emails on the device seems like an indexing nightmare. Is it possible to archive all your old email, and throw it to a folder on the SD card and search it through file manager? Not the solution you want but maybe a work around that won't bog down the phone.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 12:34 AM
44 12