I was thinking about picking up some NFC tags, but not too sure how useful it would be.

Keeping the NFC on at all times will not be an issue since I got a BlackBerry Q10 with a 4400mah Mugen battery.

Any of use NFC with tags? Any creative usages?

I want to hear them.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-15 12:07 AM
    There are several threads discussing NFC in here- use the Search function to list them.

Here are 2 to get you started (there are many others too):
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...utiful-949888/

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...often-1033901/
    Last edited by Ragbert; 10-21-15 at 05:29 AM.
    10-21-15 12:22 AM
    Keeping the NFC on at all times will not be an issue since I got a BlackBerry Q10 with a 4400mah Mugen battery.
    - First, the NFC feature doesn't drain the battery It's around 0,1% on a battery full cycle.
    - Second, the NFC antenna is on the original back cover. And I assume the Mugen battery doesn't use the original cover, right ?
    drasir likes this.
    10-21-15 05:05 AM
    - First, the NFC feature doesn't drain the battery It's around 0,1% on a battery full cycle.
    - Second, the NFC antenna is on the original back cover. And I assume the Mugen battery doesn't use the original cover, right ?
    Mugen battery does not use the original cover, but it does come with an NFC antenna of its own.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 09:05 PM
    I used to use them back when I first got my Z10, not so much anymore on my Z30. BlackBerry improved the quick menu with 10.2.x and then further with 10.3.x so I can easily switch notification profiles and toggle wifi/Bluetooth, which was what I was primarily using my tags for.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 10:24 PM
    I bought some tags thinking I cold set one up to play a playlist when I go into the car, but sadly there's no way to do this in the Smart Tags app.

Then I thought I'd stick one on the back of my Dell Venue Pro 8 tablet so I could tap the phone to it to enable the hotspot. No luck.

So in short, NFC tags suck on BB10.
    10-23-15 12:18 AM
    I've got 2, but they work a little poor.
    1st is in the car for enabling bluetooth; works, but I always have to unlock the phone. That's kind of annoying.

2nd is next to the bed which sets an alarm and then sends q10 to bed mode.

Posted via CB10
    misterabrasive likes this.
    10-23-15 04:57 PM
    Cukierkas does. Quite successfully. Try to contact him

Passport on 10.3.2 steroids
    10-23-15 06:04 PM
    I bought some tags thinking I cold set one up to play a playlist when I go into the car, but sadly there's no way to do this in the Smart Tags app.

Then I thought I'd stick one on the back of my Dell Venue Pro 8 tablet so I could tap the phone to it to enable the hotspot. No luck.

So in short, NFC tags suck on BB10.
    Have you looked into shortcut apps that might make Playlist like app that can be launched by smart triggers?

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 09:01 PM
    I used them in my bedroom and car. Turning on and off bluetooth in car and using it to turn on alarm and bedside mode in bedroom.
    Had a few for my office that I used for Wifi settings I think. Programmed quite a few of them with different triggers. They were convenient. But mostly use NFC for payments now.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 09:28 PM
    I bought some tags over a year ago and got the wrong ones. Then I ordered the correct ones but was still mad over the wrong ones that I didn't set them up until about a month ago. Right now I use the following frequently:
    Car: turns off wi-fi, turns on BT, normal sound profile, opens music app.
    gym bag: turns off wi-fi, turns off BT, vibrate sound profile, opens music app
    Bike: turns off wi-fi, turns on BT, normal sound profile, opens sports tracker app
    golf bag: turns off wi-fi, turns off BT, silent sound profile, opens golf gps.
    Computer: turns on wi-fi, turns off BT, normal sound profile

I wish the options weren't so limited, but I do enjoy the use I'm getting out of it FWIW.
    10-24-15 02:45 AM
    I used them in my bedroom and car. Turning on and off bluetooth in car and using it to turn on alarm and bedside mode in bedroom.
    Had a few for my office that I used for Wifi settings I think. Programmed quite a few of them with different triggers. They were convenient. But mostly use NFC for payments now.

Posted via CB10
    What apps do we use to make NFC payments with BB10 phones?
    10-24-15 02:47 AM
    What apps do we use to make NFC payments with BB10 phones?
    UGO

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 07:30 AM
    UGO

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, but that is not available in the U.S.
    10-24-15 07:30 PM