Not due to upgrade til December 2013. But my next phone will be a BlackBerry. Looking at all the video's for BB10, I can't want to upgrade.
    05-03-12 03:35 PM
    Was wondering if others thought the same,just set on what we have until BB10 devices are released..
    I have 2 lines on my plan with alternating device upgrade dates so i basically upgrade my phone every year
    05-03-12 03:51 PM
    I have been eligible to upgrade since 2011 March.
    I was waiting for the 9900 to be released and then I heard news about BB10 and decided to wait it out.

I will continue to wait for a BB10 device with a physical keyboard.

Currently rocking a 9000 and still loving it.
    05-03-12 04:27 PM
    I think RIM needs to cut the price of their OS7 Bold and Torch devices to $199 a pop. This way BlackBerry fans can just buy them outright without signing another contract until BlackBerry 10 devices are out.
    mzceetee likes this.
    05-03-12 04:30 PM
    i been waiting for a while. my 9800 is old news for sure
    05-03-12 08:42 PM
    I think RIM needs to cut the price of their OS7 Bold and Torch devices to $199 a pop. This way BlackBerry fans can just buy them outright without signing another contract until BlackBerry 10 devices are out.
    Like where you are going with this hum something RIM should consider .
    05-03-12 09:56 PM
    My contract expired last fall and the full touchscreen BB7 device available was very much a disappointment (namely the Torch 9860) and there was no way in h**l I was going to sign even a two year contract for it, never mind going for a full 3 years. I was hoping to eBay for a BB7 device to tide me over until the release of BB10 BUT the prices were and are quite unsatisfactory, still. I'll just have to hold on to my ailing Pearl 9100 for at least a while yet...
    Exactly, I am pushing this curve to the end lolx when BB10 is released, I am going to sit back and enjoy the show on stage with you all
    05-03-12 10:04 PM
    I still don't have my own BB (I have a company issued 9640 which is the only BB I've ever used and made me want my own) but am chomping at the bit to replace my HTC EVO 4G with a 9930. I have no contract and I guess I'm worried a bit about RIM's future and of course what the BB10 hardware will be like. I really don't like touch keyboards and I'm hoping the new hardware will include at least a model or two like the 9930.
    05-03-12 10:26 PM
    RIM has a good platform. I've used iOS, Android and now back to BB7. I'm a techie, so I appreciate having a physical keyboard and flexibility with what I can do with my one and only communication tool. RIM just need a new marketing/pr chief.

With regards to BB10, I saw a few videos and I'm not totally impressed with "all the features" as shown in the presentations. But it is what it is. I'd stick to my 9930 for a while since it does what I need it to do. I'm not an "app guy", so I'm not interested in what the current rendition of BB10 can do. However, I'd be interested in pursuing it if RIM could prove to me that BB10 would make my 9930 a better business tool, not an app-toting device. I'd be perfectly happy with 5 useful apps than a thousand junk apps on my 9930.
    05-03-12 10:41 PM
    I've been thinking this issue over in the last couple of day watching the coverage from BB World 2012.

My issue is that I DO NOT want a BlackBerry smartphone without a physical keyboard: end of. Therefore I am, probably, going to be left waiting until 2013 to get a BB10 phone with the hardware I want - whereas I could just upgrade my 9700 in 20 days time to a 9810 and enter the world of touchscreen smartphones and give my poor eyes a rest from the tiny screen.

As I said, I'm all for BB10, but not just grabbing the first phone they throw out. And, of course, if it has the issues that the Playbook did with its first software package (or indeed like BB7 did in fact) then I see no reason to just grab the first thing that hits the shelves.

I guess I will just have to exercise a little patience here.

Thoughts peeps? Are we really going to wait until 2013 to see a BB10 smartphone with a physical keyboard?
    05-04-12 12:52 AM
    I have been eligible to upgrade since 2011 March.
    I was waiting for the 9900 to be released and then I heard news about BB10 and decided to wait it out.

I will continue to wait for a BB10 device with a physical keyboard.

Currently rocking a 9000 and still loving it.
    You see... this is some patience right here.
    05-04-12 12:56 AM
    i've got another year on my contract here from september so they'll all be out but seeing as how good bb10 looks now a year on it should be amazing and the phones with physical keyboards should be out then which is what i'd really prefer to a full touch screen device but i'll get be doing BB10
    05-04-12 06:26 AM
    Not waiting until the end of my "engagement" period (ends Oct. 2013 ), but won't change until BB10 hits the world.
    05-04-12 06:34 AM
    I've been thinking this issue over in the last couple of day watching the coverage from BB World 2012.

My issue is that I DO NOT want a BlackBerry smartphone without a physical keyboard: end of. Therefore I am, probably, going to be left waiting until 2013 to get a BB10 phone with the hardware I want - whereas I could just upgrade my 9700 in 20 days time to a 9810 and enter the world of touchscreen smartphones and give my poor eyes a rest from the tiny screen.

As I said, I'm all for BB10, but not just grabbing the first phone they throw out. And, of course, if it has the issues that the Playbook did with its first software package (or indeed like BB7 did in fact) then I see no reason to just grab the first thing that hits the shelves.

I guess I will just have to exercise a little patience here.

Thoughts peeps? Are we really going to wait until 2013 to see a BB10 smartphone with a physical keyboard?

Exactly ,You make a very good point, I been so devoted to the curve line ,it works me love the keyboard what kept me there. Had experience with only 1 touchscreen "Storm 1" that was let say beside the issue part-Why I went back to a curve was missing the physical aspect of a keyboard.
    as the saying goes Patience is a virtue... Thank you for your feedback...

No harm in trying a BB10 touchscreen their is always a return policy ....
    05-04-12 07:35 AM
    Especially when RIM confirms what we all know, there is no need for me to get an OS7 device unless I win one in a contest or something...

RIM Says BB7 Devices Won't Be Updated to BB10 (Phone Scoop)

Have you entered the Bold A Day contest?
    05-04-12 09:27 AM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD