Was wondering if others thought the same,just set on what we have until BB10 devices are released..
    05-02-12 10:23 AM
    Yep...........
    mzceetee likes this.
    05-02-12 10:27 AM
    I've been holding back since RIM said BB10 will based of OS2...so before OS2 was released
    MADBRADNYC and mzceetee like this.
    05-02-12 10:30 AM
    I've been holding back since RIM said BB10 will based of OS2...so before OS2 was released
    Like how 2 minds think a like lolx
    05-02-12 10:32 AM
    I was, but I decided to buy the BOLD 9930 from BestBuy for $99. I figured that I couldn't go wrong with that price. The BB10 with a keypad is not due for release until Q1 of 2013, by then I will have to make another decision until then I'm going to enjoy the 9930/PlayBook combo
    mzceetee and Mr.Monty like this.
    05-02-12 10:33 AM
    I was, but I decided to buy the BOLD 9930 from BestBuy for $99. I figured that I couldn't go wrong with that price. The BB10 with a keypad is not due for release until Q1 of 2013, by then I will have to make another decision until then I'm going to enjoy the 9930/PlayBook combo

For $99 bucks for a 9930 guess you can't go wrong,great price....Thanks for your input...
    05-02-12 10:37 AM
    I held out for the Torch 9850 with my Storm 9530 for half a year after I was eligible. That was difficult, because I was always having issues with my Storm and it had a cracked screen. There was nothing compelling for me to switch to, other than Android devices, but I toughed it out, and I'm glad I did.

My phone is work-provided though, so I'm still trying to think about how I might be able to get my phone upgraded mid-contract (maybe RIM will have a trade-up program still?). My wife's contract is up though at the end of this year, so I might get her a BB10 phone to replace her iPhone 4.
    05-02-12 10:41 AM
    I got my Torch the day it released with a 2-year contract...

This BB10 should release at just the right time
    mzceetee likes this.
    05-02-12 10:46 AM
    Especially when RIM confirms what we all know, there is no need for me to get an OS7 device unless I win one in a contest or something...

RIM CEO Thorsten Heins today noted that the BlackBerry 10 and BlackBerry 7 platforms will not be compatible. Devices running BlackBerry 7 will not be updated to BlackBerry 10, and apps written for either platform will not necessarily work on the other. This follows similar transitions experienced by Palm and Microsoft when they rebooted their platforms to WebOS and Windows Phone 7, respectively. RIM did say, however, that it is committed to supporting BlackBerry 7.1 for "a while" and that it is likely it will port some BB7 apps to BB10.
    RIM Says BB7 Devices Won't Be Updated to BB10 (Phone Scoop)
    mzceetee likes this.
    05-02-12 10:48 AM
    I held out for the Torch 9850 with my Storm 9530 for half a year after I was eligible. That was difficult, because I was always having issues with my Storm and it had a cracked screen. There was nothing compelling for me to switch to, other than Android devices, but I toughed it out, and I'm glad I did.

My phone is work-provided though, so I'm still trying to think about how I might be able to get my phone upgraded mid-contract (maybe RIM will have a trade-up program still?). My wife's contract is up though at the end of this year, so I might get her a BB10 phone to replace her iPhone 4.
    Tough call ...can relate,it's a rocky road call when it comes to upgrading...love the loyalism of a RIM supporter "Now EVE it's time to throw away the apple" lolx
    05-02-12 10:49 AM
    I've already made the decision to hold out till January 2013 (50th birthday) for the BB10. I want to make sure that the 10 is the right phone for me and what I've seen so far certainly makes me think that is the direction I want to go.

I want to see it in action for a couple of months before jumping in to an all touch or if I want to wait till the touch / keyboard model comes in.

That and since its my 50th birthday my wife wont kill me for spending the money for a new Blackberry. I can chalk it up to being an early mid life expense (never mind crises )
    mzceetee likes this.
    05-02-12 10:51 AM
    Especially when RIM confirms what we all know, there is no need for me to get an OS7 device unless I win one in a contest or something...

Thankx for the input.that's exactly what turned me away from OS 7,reminded me when I jumped to quick to OS 6...and 7 was around the corner faster than I knew it was....
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    05-02-12 10:53 AM
    Would be sweet if they threw a bone to the OS 7 generation phone users under contracts.
    05-02-12 10:55 AM
    I've already made the decision to hold out till January 2013 (50th birthday) for the BB10. I want to make sure that the 10 is the right phone for me and what I've seen so far certainly makes me think that is the direction I want to go.

I want to see it in action for a couple of months before jumping in to an all touch or if I want to wait till the touch / keyboard model comes in.

That and since its my 50th birthday my wife wont kill me for spending the money for a new Blackberry. I can chalk it up to being an early mid life expense (never mind crises )
    (Priceless Epic moment) that's how I feel about my husband lolx now you gave me a excuse hahahaha
    05-02-12 10:56 AM
    I am waiting even though my Storm2 is having major screen lockup issues.

Anyone want to donate one until BB10 is on the street?
    PTZ likes this.
    05-02-12 10:58 AM

Yea, I was really going to wait as well, but when I saw the "Flagship Bold" for $99, it was to good to be true and to good to pass on a deal like that......
    05-02-12 10:58 AM
    Would be sweet if they threw a bone to the OS 7 generation phone users under contracts.
    Kind similar to the OS 6,moved to 6 from 5 and get hit with 7 in the middle of recently upgrade...I do agree....
    05-02-12 11:04 AM
    My upgrade comes in December so will hopefully get a BB10 device

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    05-02-12 11:12 AM
    My upgrade comes in December so will hopefully get a BB10 device

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    That's my view also...hopefully RIM release BB10 by the end of this year.... (finger's cross)
    05-02-12 11:15 AM
    Yeah I'll be hanging out with this old 9700 for awhile longer still. Not the best keyboard compared to the 9900, but still one of the best for battery life. This old phone will be with me till BB10.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    05-02-12 11:27 AM
    Yea, I was really going to wait as well, but when I saw the "Flagship Bold" for $99, it was to good to be true and to good to pass on a deal like that......
    You know, that is so very true! BestBuy correct? Anyway, there is a bit more than that involved. I could easily afford another device, but as some others state it would involve extending my contract when I want to save that for BB10. Also, I don't really want the extra month of headaches transferring/updating/looking for apps & getting my device just right where I want it to be and so on. Just to do it again a few months later. I will save all of that for the BB10 explosion!!!

Also, it kinda trips me out when members say "You need to upgrade to BB7". It seems a bit hypocritical to me in some ways. These are the same people who thought the 9780 was the cream of the crop when it arrived. Nothing has really changed for me though. My 9780 is a workhorse powerhouse! it does everything I need and I like it just as much as when I first got it.

...I will like BB10 even more...
    Spencerdl likes this.
    05-02-12 11:33 AM
    You know, that is so very true! BestBuy correct? Anyway, there is a bit more than that involved. I could easily afford another device, but as some others state it would involve extending my contract when I want to save that for BB10. Also, I don't really want the extra month of headaches transferring/updating/looking for apps & getting my device just right where I want it to be and so on. Just to do it again a few months later. I will save all of that for the BB10 explosion!!!

Also, it kinda trips me out when members say "You need to upgrade to BB7". It seems a bit hypocritical to me in some ways. These are the same people who thought the 9780 was the cream of the crop when it arrived. Nothing has really changed for me though. My 9780 is a workhorse powerhouse! it does everything I need and I like it just as much as when I first got it.

The more and more I think about it....."it really shouldn't be this HARD" . I remember when you just walked into a cell store and "pickem" ...LOL
    05-02-12 11:39 AM

You make a good point,brings me back with the 8330 curves where released in 08- who know's BB10 ,might not be fit for everyone-as general speaking-each their own....
    Last edited by mzceetee; 05-02-12 at 11:45 AM.
    MADBRADNYC and Spencerdl like this.
    05-02-12 11:42 AM
    Why wait for BB10 when I could be enjoying this 9930 for a whole year, or longer?
    I didn't wait and I can certainly wait till my next upgrade to get a BB10...if it has a KB.
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    05-02-12 11:47 AM
    Why wait for BB10 when I could be enjoying this 9930 for a whole year, or longer?
    I didn't wait and I can certainly wait till my next upgrade to get a BB10...if it has a KB.
    Thankkx Jaydee for your input as being a OS 7 user...
    05-02-12 11:50 AM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD