Well, Love is in the Eye of the Beholder. CB, keep publishing them.
    Yeah, especially when it's free stickers.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 08:14 AM
    Maybe I'm in the minority but I'm a business BlackBerry user (and I'm guessing the majority of their market share is the same) and have absolutely zero use for stickers. Are they trying to draw the young crowd over with such a meaningless feature? Is this something people actually use? Or am I just a curmudgeon?
    Yes, it annoys me too. Maybe if I were a 13 year old girl I might be excited, but I am not a 13 year old girl. I wish BBM had an option of turning off that functionality completely.
    anon(9208252) likes this.
    12-06-14 08:51 AM
    The majority of them seem to be geared for kids which has me puzzled. Ah well hopefully some talented person will come up with some stickers more pertinent to BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 11:02 AM
    It doesn't bother me at all that BBM has stickers. If it brings in revenue, go for it.

However, I don't think that Crackberry needs to post an article for any more new sticker packs. It's looking like redundant filler at this point.
    This times a million.

Powered by Z10
    12-06-14 11:47 AM
    Stickers could be good for business...if you are making some money from selling some, that is!
    I agree w OP, the sticker feature is kinda off topic for Blackberry's stated focus.
    Make it optional to the user. People that don't want them will not be buying them so no risk in losing revenue and might actually keep some phone users with the brand.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 12:29 PM
    Other platforms get NFC mobile payments, smartwatches, fitness trackers, new and redesigned apps with great new features, new-release games, new tablets and hardware...on CB we get sticker packs. (Seriously, go look at a weeks' worth of posts on the other Mobile Nations sites...it's depressing). I'd rather see posts for Android apps that get updated in the Amazon store.

Then again, I would give up every sticker pack in BBM for full, system-wide support for receiving AND sending emoji.
    12-06-14 01:08 PM
    Other platforms get NFC mobile payments, smartwatches, fitness trackers, new and redesigned apps with great new features, new-release games, new tablets and hardware...on CB we get sticker packs. (Seriously, go look at a weeks' worth of posts on the other Mobile Nations sites...it's depressing). I'd rather see posts for Android apps that get updated in the Amazon store.

Then again, I would give up every sticker pack in BBM for full, system-wide support for receiving AND sending emoji.
    Don't read if you get depressed by it, stickers have nothing to do with the weaknesses of BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 01:30 PM
    I think they're a silly and desperate ploy.
    12-07-14 03:17 AM
    Stupid thread. No offense to OP but how in the hell could anyone be tired of something they have to buy to actually see and be annoyed by? This of course is stating the obvious which even make,s my post stupid.

Smarten up.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 04:05 AM
    Maybe I'm in the minority but I'm a business BlackBerry user (and I'm guessing the majority of their market share is the same) and have absolutely zero use for stickers. Are they trying to draw the young crowd over with such a meaningless feature? Is this something people actually use? Or am I just a curmudgeon?
    I am a business professional and I have no issues with stickers. I actually use them if needed in convo to effect my point or emotion during. While like most anything else offered in life if you don't care for them ignore them. I have no games of 4 screens of apps / utilities I certainly don't envy or worry about seeing the newest one pop up in offerings.
    12-07-14 05:29 AM
    Spending money on stickers doesn't mind to me... but frankly most of the people won't pay for it.. atleast not in developing countries...

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 05:32 AM
    Love sending stickers to make it more speciaal so now and then

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 05:39 AM
    A bit of a melodramatic thread in my opinion.

To me, they fall into the "don't like them, don't use them" category.

If they bring in high margins, I say "go for it" also. And they probably do.
    anon(9169048) likes this.
    12-07-14 07:12 AM
    My wife keeps sending me stickers. They're useless and annoying.

BB Proud
    They have a Montreal sticker pack?

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 07:27 AM
    I'm not tired of them because I've never paid any attention to them, just like I don't pay any attention to certain types of apps when I open BB World. Obviously there's a market for stickers and it's quite obvious that you and I are not the demographic they're aiming at, but good on BlackBerry for monetising BBM in a way that if you choose not to partake you don't have to.
    HighFlight88 likes this.
    12-07-14 07:54 AM
    Why does it bother you? Just don't use them.

I use them. It adds some fun to BBM.

Posted via CB10
    This ^^^
    to each his own.
    12-07-14 08:02 AM
    I like them, but it would be nice if you could say, "No, thank you" to stickers if you don't like them.
    12-07-14 08:15 AM
    Other platforms get NFC mobile payments, smartwatches, fitness trackers, new and redesigned apps with great new features, new-release games... [blah blah]
    We have all that stuff, dude, except for new tablets which are not going to exist in a couple years anyway, except as dumb screens for smart handhelds.
    12-07-14 08:17 AM
    Other platforms get NFC mobile payments, smartwatches, fitness trackers, new and redesigned apps with great new features, new-release games, new tablets and hardware...on CB we get sticker packs
    Also a little bit melodramatic.
    12-07-14 10:15 AM
    Also a little bit melodramatic.
    Melodramatic, but sadly, spot on.

Posted from an ME173X
    12-07-14 01:46 PM
    Melodramatic, but sadly, spot on.

Posted from an ME173X
    Don't agree.

Today, I went for a run and used my fitness app. I bought a coffee and paid for it with an nfc app. I updated a bunch of my apps to take advantage of new features .

Yeah - I get that there's an app gap (I also own ios and Android tablets) but to say there are only stickers while things happen on other platforms is ridiculously melodramatic and exaggerating.

Posted via CB10
    scrapmetal58 likes this.
    12-07-14 05:17 PM
    Stupid thread. No offense to OP but how in the hell could anyone be tired of something they have to buy to actually see and be annoyed by? This of course is stating the obvious which even make,s my post stupid.

Smarten up.

Posted via CB10
    I don't have to buy them to see and be annoyed - BBM and CB tell me multiple times per week that new stickers this and new stickers that.. /unsubscribe
    12-07-14 06:04 PM
    Seems this thread touched a few sore spots for some sticker lovers.. I understand if you don't like something you don't need to use it, I was just asking if anyone shared my view or was I alone in these thoughts. Relax.

If you don't share my opinion, you don't need to post a reply.
    12-07-14 06:07 PM
    Amen, I thought I was the only one...stickers are soooo annoying...
    12-07-14 06:11 PM
    Seriously, relax people they are just corny stickers...SHEESH...
    12-07-14 06:14 PM
54 123