Maybe I'm in the minority but I'm a business BlackBerry user (and I'm guessing the majority of their market share is the same) and have absolutely zero use for stickers. Are they trying to draw the young crowd over with such a meaningless feature? Is this something people actually use? Or am I just a curmudgeon?
    12-05-14 08:58 AM
    Maybe I'm in the minority but I'm a business BlackBerry user (and I'm guessing the majority of their market share is the same) and have absolutely zero use for stickers. Are they trying to draw the young crowd over with such a meaningless feature? Is this something people actually use? Or am I just a curmudgeon?
    haha.. maybe a little bit... but thats only because i have to pay for them i actually like them.
    12-05-14 09:00 AM
    Why does it bother you? Just don't use them.

I use them. It adds some fun to BBM.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 09:11 AM
    I have no interest in stickers at all but maybe that's just me however I think blackberry could use the time spent on stickers for more practical uses like live updates straight to users and such .
    limabo likes this.
    12-05-14 09:11 AM
    Doesn't bother me. If it gets some more people to use BBM then why not? It's not like bits taking TONS of resources to put them out.
    I thought they were silly at first but wasn't offended by them lol. And now I've got like 7 pack. :s

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 09:45 AM
    Atleast something is being updated frequently
    jem9777 and Mel Calixtro like this.
    12-05-14 09:51 AM
    BlackBerry spend no time on making sticker packs, they just take a cut of the profits.

How can that be a bad thing?

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 10:20 AM
    I use them!

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 10:34 AM
    Meaningless Feature? My guess is that revenue from stickers is in Millions of dollars and the margin on sales is a ridiculously high percentage.
    12-05-14 12:52 PM
    It doesn't bother me at all that BBM has stickers. If it brings in revenue, go for it.

However, I don't think that Crackberry needs to post an article for any more new sticker packs. It's looking like redundant filler at this point.
    12-05-14 12:56 PM
    I agree with the OP. Not everything you can sell is good for your brand. That's why fancy hotel lobbies don't have kiosks selling cheap sunglasses and T shirts.
    RA-HA likes this.
    12-05-14 12:59 PM
    Stickers are not made by BB but by artist and BB gets a cut from the sales. Why is this bad?
    Not sure what resource you are talking about.
    I have no interest in stickers at all but maybe that's just me however I think blackberry could use the time spent on stickers for more practical uses like live updates straight to users and such .
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-05-14 01:01 PM
    It doesn't bother me at all that BBM has stickers. If it brings in revenue, go for it.

However, I don't think that Crackberry needs to post an article for any more new sticker packs. It's looking like redundant filler at this point.
    This I agree on. CB can stop making articles about sticker packs unless there's something awesome coming out.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 01:04 PM
    I agree with the OP. Not everything you can sell is good for your brand. That's why fancy hotel lobbies don't have kiosks selling cheap sunglasses and T shirts.
    Yeah but they're trying to win back or just get some people that use other multi platform messaging apps. Like WhatsApp, Facebook etc..
    Sure I know, other features would help more but I'm sure they're coming. (hopefully) and as others pointed out. It doesn't really cost BlackBerry anything other than giving the artists a cut and some bandwidth I suppose. So they're not losing people from other dev teams to do this. So what's the big deal?

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 01:13 PM
    Really, I just wish I didn't have to see that red star notification icon every time I open BBM. Yes, there are stickers, no, I don't use them... please for the love of god stop notifying me every time there are new ones. The same goes for the feeds. On the feeds it only comes up when there is a new advertisement, not when there are actually new posts on your feeds from your actual contacts and channels.

I find it incredibly aggravating. The notification star thing (whatever it's called) is for new messages or updates, not for when BlackBerry is trying to sell me something or make me see ads I don't want. I recall when these new monetary features came out there was a lot of talk about how they would be completely unobtrusive. But, it seems with each new update they become a little more obtrusive.

If it was out of sight, it would be out of mind. I don't care to see notifications for things I don't want and can't help but check them and clear them.
    Mel Calixtro and RA-HA like this.
    12-05-14 01:20 PM
    So you would not buy a blackberry because their BBM cross-platform messaging app sells stickers?

I'm sure I'm not the only businessman with a light-heart, sometimes only a care bear can express how you feel.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 01:29 PM
    I agree with the OP, for a platform aimed squarely at enterprise and business customers, i don't want to see that annoying red notification telling me there's new stickers.

Great for other platforms, not BB10.

The other platforms can uninstall BBM if it gets too annoying, we.. can't.
    Aaron Marcinkowski likes this.
    12-05-14 01:30 PM
    Although 'aimed squarely at business and enterprise', which is also my main focus, BlackBerry 10 is not solely for business. And that is where stickers come in.

- There are users who like BlackBerry and buy them as a personal smartphone, with all the social communications that go along with that.
    - Some have BlackBerry phones 'thrust upon them' by the office, but are more likely to embrace the platform when they discover all the things that it can do, and less likely to purchase an i-Something or And-Other if personal-life needs are fulfilled in BB10.
    - Some have business BlackBerrys and also purchase them for family (as I have) because BBM is such a great way to connect, or because BB10 is superior, or it's a tradition.
    - Some, like me, would prefer not to carry separate phones for work and personal use.
    - Stronger sales of devices, apps, and...stickers on the consumer-oriented side support profits which can be used toward creating very nice business phones.
    - All of us (I am 50 in a few months) can learn to laugh a little and not be too serious and grown-up.

And yes, used sparingly, there are even times when a silly sticker is the right thing for business, at least where I live. It means client-company coupling is so close that defusing a serious moment with a touch of humour is appropriate.

Q10 ? The Other Crackberry Pirate ? Z30 | via CB10
    12-05-14 02:16 PM
    I wish I could use them like emojis for email and text!
    12-05-14 03:41 PM
    I'd rather see BlackBerry 10.3.1 upgrade notification on my z10 instead. ;-)

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 06:46 PM
    I'd rather see BlackBerry 10.3.1 upgrade notification on my z10 instead. ;-)

Posted via CB10
    Well. They've Said shortly after the Classic release so at least you've got something to look forward too.

Back on topic: I agree about the red notification star every time a new pack is added is annoying and useless. Users that like stickers will check the store for more stickers. That's a no-brainer. I just don't get the sticker hate. If you don't like them don't use them. I think if it gets some more users or keeps some users then why not have them? It's not the end of the world having them? It's not wasting time or resources (maybe a little bandwidth and effort to put them in the store)

I get the "business phone" thinking and I agree with it but having something some people might find fun that doesn't affect you, is that really worth the energy to complain about?

Posted via CB10
    HighFlight88 likes this.
    12-06-14 05:34 AM
    I don't like them and I don't use them. I simply ignore them. And as long BlackBerry makes additional Money with it: Fine.

But there is one really annoying thing I hate about Stickers:
    Every time the Store introduce new ones, I get the red little Star, which is also used when there is a new BBM(Channel) Message / Post.

That is irritating. I wish BlackBerry would finally give us (who don't use Stickers at all) the Option to disable Store Updates.

Via CB10 App. STL100-2 @ 10.3.1 Beta
    12-06-14 05:49 AM
    My wife keeps sending me stickers. They're useless and annoying.

BB Proud
    12-06-14 05:59 AM
    We have BlackBerry and Crackberry because we love the phone and we love to be updated with all the news related to BlackBerry. Now stickers, may be its good for making some money , may be its the way youngsters communicate but why there is a post every time a sticker comes. Youngsters who are really interested in them will find it and give BlackBerry the opportunity to make some money.
    As said above by a friend post on stickers should come when its something really awesome like if animated stickers come in future.
    According to me stickers are out and will reach to people interested in them without Crackberry posts. Daily one new pack and daily one post is not what I want.

These are completely my views on the topic.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 06:27 AM
    This I agree on. CB can stop making articles about sticker packs unless there's something awesome coming out.

Posted via CB10
    Well, Love is in the Eye of the Beholder. CB, keep publishing them.
    12-06-14 06:39 AM
54 123