For a long time I have had intermittent Wifi issues if I don't connect with a USB. Still, Blend has worked well with all my Windows machines.

This morning I cannot get it to work with a Windows 8.1 computer. It displays code in the hub and sms windows and will not display any messages. Also, the scroll wheel thing displays like it's trying to update but nothing happens.

Maybe this is just a connection issue, but I've always been able to get around these by plugging and unplugging my device. Also, the BBM window and calendar window function normally. This leads me to conclude it is not a connection issue but a software issue.

Chen's abandonment of BB10 (while he continues to sell devices to the public) might finally be impacting me. I hoped it would be another 12 months before this happened.

Is anyone else just now experiencing problems with Blend? On Windows devices?
    08-17-16 02:11 PM
    I've had problems with Blend for months now. Long before it was announced EOL.
    08-17-16 02:52 PM
    Maybe they realized they didn't have the knowledge in-house to update Blend which prompted them to finally declare EOL without any notice to users. Low class. I don't care about their strategy, etc. As a loyal user of 10-plus years I'm angry.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-16 02:58 PM
    08-17-16 03:11 PM
    No issues here, can you see if these are whitelisted/open?

BlackBerry desktop applications and Internet connectivity for BlackBerry 10 smartphones
    Sorry, I don't understand. What are you asking me to look for?

I notice that my Windows 7 machine functions as well as usual with Blend. (I started getting blue screens of death, but this is not BB related! Very worrying.)
    08-17-16 04:18 PM
    Sorry, I don't understand. What are you asking me to look for?

I notice that my Windows 7 machine functions as well as usual with Blend. (I started getting blue screens of death, but this is not BB related! Very worrying.)
    My bad, I should have included a bit more info. You'll have to check your firewall (and possibly your router as well) to see if the ports that Blend need are open (they're listed under the "Additional Information" section of the KB article), this guide should help but before adding anything first search for "BlackBerry Blend Desktop Invoke-Proxy" and see what ports it lists.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/300479

You should also check to see that Blend and other BlackBerry services are on your firewall's whitelist, if you're using Windows Firewall you can use this guide,

Windows 8.1 - Allow or prevent apps to communicate through Windows Firewall
    08-17-16 07:41 PM
    My bad, I should have included a bit more info. You'll have to check your firewall (and possibly your router as well) to see if the ports that Blend need are open (they're listed under the "Additional Information" section of the KB article), this guide should help but before adding anything first search for "BlackBerry Blend Desktop Invoke-Proxy" and see what ports it lists.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/300479

You should also check to see that Blend and other BlackBerry services are on your firewall's whitelist, if you're using Windows Firewall you can use this guide,

Windows 8.1 - Allow or prevent apps to communicate through Windows Firewall
    Thanks. Will check this when back at this machine. I should do this even if Blend works for calendar?

Posted via CB10
    08-17-16 08:17 PM
    Thanks. Will check this when back at this machine. I should do this even if Blend works for calendar?

Posted via CB10
    I think it's at least worth looking into just so we can rule out any connection issues, especially if Blend works fine on your other machines. If this doesn't work you could also try uninstalling and then reinstalling Blend on that system.
    08-17-16 10:21 PM
    It looks like a reboot did the job. I guess I should have done this before hitting the freakout button. I'm not out for blood yet.
    Invictus0 likes this.
    08-18-16 01:27 AM
    No issues with Blend, plenty with Chen!

Posted via CB10 with my awesome Passport
    08-18-16 02:21 AM
    I killed my hopes on blend. The last time I used blend was just about a year ago when I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Apparently they did not make any update to make Blend compatible with win 10.

And "blending" my BlackBerry to my iPad is just not going to work EVER.

They killed it. This is one that I won't care much about.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-16 02:58 AM
    I killed my hopes on blend. The last time I used blend was just about a year ago when I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Apparently they did not make any update to make Blend compatible with win 10.

Posted via CB10
    This software is so useful for me it's a reason not to upgrade to 10. In fact, I bought a copy of 8.1 for a Surface tablet I bought just to avoid driver issues and other annoyances with 10 which came preloaded. (8.1 is much, much underrated, especially for tablets. Swiping gestures!)

Posted via CB10
    08-18-16 04:24 AM
    Good for you! I guess I hadn't expected that when I upgraded to Windows 10. But the fact that they hadn't updated blend for windows 10 makes me cringe.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-16 04:42 AM
    Blend on Windows 10 works fine for me, what issues are you having?
    08-18-16 11:09 AM

Posted via CB10
    Blend on my Windows 10 machines (all 3 of them) have been working very well. What problems are you having?

Even if Blend was not fully compatible with Windows 10, you could have used Windows 10 compatibility mode to the past OS. This is how I run some old softwares that are no longer supported.

Posted via CB10
    mh1983 likes this.
    08-18-16 11:22 PM
    Blend on my Windows 10 machines (all 3 of them) have been working very well. What problems are you having?

Even if Blend was not fully compatible with Windows 10, you could have used Windows 10 compatibility mode to the past OS. This is how I run some old softwares that are no longer supported.

Posted via CB10
    Never thought of that though. I'll give it a shot. Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    08-19-16 04:03 PM