Does anyone have a link to the video? I have yet to see it.
    see Kevins post near the top

01-03-13 08:12 AM
    I find this rant unnecessary, because all MeeGo users and fans would argue that BB10 itself is a blatant copy of MeeGo, and we can't argue that BB10 doesn't resemble MeeGo, yeah?

We should be more open to competition, unlike a certain company and its fanboys.
    BergerKing and Djlatino like this.
    01-03-13 08:15 AM
    see Kevins post near the top
    I saw the blog post last night but didnt see a video. Most of been blocked by my hosts file.
    01-03-13 08:34 AM
    I find it hilarious everyones trying to disrupt RIM hype.Whys everyone deciding to change their schedule and release stuff during Q1.As soon as RIM said the date everyone decided to release new phones in Q1.RIM gave them 2 free years whilst it was in odin sleep and Thor was training waiting for his hammer to be built.

Just funny got them shook scared.
    Last edited by RECOOL; 01-03-13 at 08:59 PM.
    01-03-13 09:32 AM
    I find it hilarious everyones trying to disrupt RIM hype.Whys everyone deciding to chaneg there schedule and release stuff during Q1.As soon as RIM said the date everyone decided to release new phones in Q1.RIM gave them 2 free years whilst it was in odin sleep and Thor was training and waiting for his hammer to be built.

Just funny got them shook scared.
    This is my point exactly. To the person that asked if I'm a UBU fan lol. NO I am a die hard RIM fanatic! We need to protect RIM like the other fan boys do for their OS.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900
    jakie55 likes this.
    01-03-13 10:42 AM
    RIM wants to play nice with competitors.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 device, in the near future!
    01-03-13 10:46 AM
    All I know is I had trouble staying awake watching that guy. BORING and dry!

Where's the excitement? Let's get Thor and Vivek on stage FAST. Jan 30th, hurry up and get here!
    TomJasper and jakie55 like this.
    01-03-13 11:14 AM
    I am not angry at Ububtu, in fact I embrace it and hope they are successful. I like Ubuntu Desktop, especially with Unity and it's enhancements it offers to the GUI.

In reference to the phone, Ubuntu is a force to be reckoned with. What they are doing is making it easier to get the content you want. The Just Type feature was one of my favorite things on WebOS, and there focus on bringing Web Apps front and center is a good idea. No native Gmail app? Who cares, you can use the Web App.

Now, is it going to beat RIM? No. Ubuntu Phone is clearly a consumer device. It is going after Tizen and FireFox OS. And if they can get a manufacture like Samsung or LG to make a phone for them, they will help with carrier partners.

I'm excited for the new smartphone OS's. It's going to be exciting.
    jakie55 likes this.
    01-03-13 02:19 PM
    It won't be out for a year so RIM will be the leader with BB10, and should be able to do the same dock like functionality with BB10 OS and hardware. If it does start to get popular it will be hit with suit after suit from Apple, Google, Nokia, Samsung and Microsoft for IP infringements (like the Android OEMs are having to pay up little by little) unless Canonical makes sure to license everything needed from everyone before launching. There are so many patents and technologies that other people own in wireless it is impossible to avoid this.
    jakie55 likes this.
    01-03-13 02:53 PM
    The only thing which makes me mad, or rather sad is: People are cheering for Ubuntu all over the place. They are excited about it, can't wait to get more news and information about it.
    And Blackberry10? Well, it is Blackberry, so what do people expect? Nothing. To sum peoples reactions up: Ubuntu = Yay! Blackberry = Nay!
    The only reason for that hatred is the fact RIM produced it.
    01-03-13 03:26 PM
    He77 - I can't even SAY ubuntu!
    01-03-13 04:50 PM
    By the time these devices get to market (assuming they're not vaporware), the market is likely to have changed based on not only BB10, but also future versions of iOS, Android and WP and who knows if there's even much of a niche for them to carve out. More than likely their intended market is amongst those who currently prefer Ubuntu's OS on their computer over Windows and Mac. There will be folks that will want these devices, but I don't think they'll be nothing more than a niche product. As previously noted, Ubuntu is an open source product and carriers will not be too friendly towards such an OS powering a mobile device without restricting it.
    convenor and jakie55 like this.
    01-03-13 05:06 PM
    Is also possible they will sell it unlocked, much like the Nexus 4.
    01-03-13 06:36 PM
    TBH the OS looks far from ready, it wont be out for at least a year after BB10 launch.

Besides it doesn't seem that similar to me; However have you seen Sailfish?

http://dbgorg00d8r0p.cloudfront.net/...1/Sailfish.jpg

Jolla's Sailfish mobile OS thoroughly toured in new video | The Verge
    Firs time hearing about this. I wasn't impressed BB10 blows even ios out of the water in my opinion.
    01-03-13 06:46 PM
    Did anyone else see the post about UBUNTU phones? I mean, am I the only person that is upset? They post a video basically showing a phone that is just the same as BB10!!! Can't RIM file a lawsuit against them? I am more mad at the fact that when everyone should be focusing on BB10, people are getting thrown off by this UBUNTU nonsense!!! The video is posted on crackberry's main page. What do you all think?
    I would not call it the same as bb10 I had heard about this since ubuntu 9.04, I think it was barely when the ee pc was coming out. cant find any reviews about it but I can remember how the said they wanted to integrate it into many things. Plus this seems like a game changer for android and apple rather that bb10, both seem to be heading in the rigth direction more of a desktop feel for your phone, I know an apple fanboy from my hometown he says the next iphone is going to have something similar to the mac os. so apparently bb10 and probably ubuntu are early to the game.

bb10 will still b more secure and probably more expensive, ubuntu its more a competition for the current android fones because of the price tag they'll probably get. they are more cheaper and more bound to get picked up by others companies oike samsung , moto, etc..
    BlackberryTorcher likes this.
    01-03-13 06:55 PM
    I have run ubuntu on a netbook, and have ported roms onto my samsung galaxy tab, so I am not a total dolt when it comes to computer stuff, but the whole ubuntu phone thing seems to be a plea for devs and hardware suppliers to get on board. If they do not get on board, then the platform is much like any other xda or cyanogenmod effort. They work, but are so esoteric that the masses will not use them. I would enjoy trying to get ubuntu to run on my old samsung vibrant, or maybe my atrix when it is off contract. The good thing, as I have stated elsewhere, is that ubuntu gets people talking about the possibility of having a mobile computing platform, with BB10 launching and showing the way.
    01-04-13 03:08 AM
    Did anyone else see the post about UBUNTU phones? I mean, am I the only person that is upset? They post a video basically showing a phone that is just the same as BB10!!! Can't RIM file a lawsuit against them? I am more mad at the fact that when everyone should be focusing on BB10, people are getting thrown off by this UBUNTU nonsense!!! The video is posted on crackberry's main page. What do you all think?
    Never gave it a second thought........for now. We'll see what happens next year.
    BergerKing likes this.
    01-04-13 02:34 PM
    Ubuntu is FREE, I don't think Canonical are in this for the money. They'll probably just provide flashable builds that'll run on most popular Android phones...

I wish some of you kids would stop acting like this was some specific stuff aimed at stealing RIM's thunder. Canonical's been talking about their plans for mobile Ubuntu for AGES now.
    01-04-13 03:48 PM
    Ubuntu is FREE, I don't think Canonical are in this for the money. They'll probably just provide flashable builds that'll run on most popular Android phones...

I wish some of you kids would stop acting like this was some specific stuff aimed at stealing RIM's thunder. Canonical's been talking about their plans for mobile Ubuntu for AGES now.
    LOL. Careful......you're about to be called the "T" words. I agree. If RIM were concerned....at all, I believe their legal team would be on top of it already.
    01-04-13 03:57 PM
    Ubuntu is Linux. Linux is based on Unix. Long before there was Linux (which is superior to Windows and iOS ) there was QNX. QNX is Unix perfected.
    So, Linux is a step down from QNX. Therefore, Ubuntu < QNX.
    What's to be mad about?
    Now, we need great marketing so that everyone understands this. And, until such time as the Smartphone-as-desktop is a reality, RIM needs to release BB 10 as a desktop download.
    With open standards becoming ever more important, I'd hate to be left standing out in the rain in my walled garden
    Don't want to get off topic, but are you the g-bone in mc2 multiplayer?
    01-04-13 06:04 PM

I mean this Canonical ***** in the video is so cheap and pathetic he had to use a fricking green screen!!!!! His words even sound like Thornsten!!! He might as well have said peek and flow while he's at it. Next time put your millions up and do a keynote the right way you rip off!!!!! IOS fanatics and phandroids would not stand for anything remotely close to their beloved OS so neither should we!!!! Either your with RIM or your against it. Nothing in between.
    01-04-13 09:40 PM
    I mean this Canonical ***** in the video is so cheap and pathetic he had to use a fricking green screen!!!!! His words even sound like Thornsten!!! He might as well have said peek and flow while he's at it. Next time put your millions up and do a keynote the right way you rip off!!!!! IOS fanatics and phandroids would not stand for anything remotely close to their beloved OS so neither should we!!!!
    The similarities between BB10 and Nokia N9's Swipe UI are way more than any perceived similarities between BB10 and this Ubuntu build. Please take that into account before you work yourself into a self-righteous lather.

Either your with RIM or your against it. Nothing in between.
    Dude...I put in 40+ hour work weeks so I can make enough money to buy anything that suits my purpose. For now, RIM's devices do...but I am not part of any cult-like "with us or against us" bullcrap.

Not sure why you're so worked up about this. At then end of the day, it's all about getting the best bang for your buck, no? BB10 releases in weeks. Ubuntu for mobile will not see any reasonably broad release until 2014. If you're so confident about BB10, why are you so threatened about another mobile OS?

If the combined weight of the highly successful iPhone, Samsung and Droid ads didn't sway you, why should this bother you?
    astraith likes this.
    01-04-13 11:12 PM
    Actually... if there was anything that I'd consider as an alternative to a BlackBerry, it'd be a linux phone (Android doesn't count, even though it's built on a linux kernel).
    Not that I'm planning on switching, but I am excited to see where this goes. Canonical has a lot of resources to support an open phone OS.
    astraith likes this.
    01-04-13 11:21 PM
    Actually... if there was anything that I'd consider as an alternative to a BlackBerry, it'd be a linux phone (Android doesn't count, even though it's built on a linux kernel).
    Not that I'm planning on switching, but I am excited to see where this goes. Canonical has a lot of resources to support an open phone OS.
    This is the very thing that I was afraid of lol. I pray they never see the light of day.
    01-05-13 09:24 AM
    The similarities between BB10 and Nokia N9's Swipe UI are way more than any perceived similarities between BB10 and this Ubuntu build. Please take that into account before you work yourself into a self-righteous lather.

Dude...I put in 40+ hour work weeks so I can make enough money to buy anything that suits my purpose. For now, RIM's devices do...but I am not part of any cult-like "with us or against us" bullcrap.

Not sure why you're so worked up about this. At then end of the day, it's all about getting the best bang for your buck, no? BB10 releases in weeks. Ubuntu for mobile will not see any reasonably broad release until 2014. If you're so confident about BB10, why are you so threatened about another mobile OS?

If the combined weight of the highly successful iPhone, Samsung and Droid ads didn't sway you, why should this bother you?
    Okay since everyone else is afraid to say it I will!!!! You are a TROLL with a capital T!!!. From your avatar all I see are apple products. Why would you come to a blackberry dedicated site and use apple products in your display???
    01-05-13 09:26 AM
56 123