I had a rental car for a while because I was in an accident. It was a new Altima. I paired it fine, the Bluetooth worked fine. But text messages were a nightmare. It would distort the screen on my phone, would delay sending things. The car display would show like 5 minutes after I got a text "NEW MESSAGE FROM..." and offer to read it. I would say "yes" and then nothing. If I would answer a text, 2 minutes later it would automatically send another text to the recipient "I'M DRIVING - my car".

I just got a new VW golf wagon. Paired Bluetooth this morning. Haven't tried any calls but it distorts my text screen again on my phone. And I tried to manually type a text message reply 3x while in my driveway and it says "MESSAGE DID NOT SAVE" and it never sent.

What's going on here???
    12-23-15 11:42 AM
    I haven't but the text thing doesn't work on my older car, never has.
    12-23-15 12:28 PM
    I've never had a radio that does text, so can't help you there. But I've had almost no problems with bluetooth on any of my BlackBerry phones. My fiancee's Samsung loses pairing or turns BT off all on its own all the damn time. One thing BlackBerry has for sure is solid bluetooth coding.

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    12-23-15 03:22 PM
    And no one has had trouble sending a text message from their phone while it's connected to BT?

My phone gets all distorted. It's like it's the landscape mode stretched to fit in portrait. And it straight up wouldn't send any texts. Said that the message could not be saved
    12-23-15 04:15 PM