So when making a phone call and swiping out of the phone app, does anyone else think it's frustrating when the call begins to ring the phone app automatically pops up to take over the screen? Then you swipe up on the phone call screen when it's dialing to pull another app up and once the call connects, the phone app takes over the screen again. Same thing happens when you're hanging up the phone. I hate this feature with a passion. I use other apps while making calls. I can tell if someone is on the other line or not. Just let me continue to use the phone without the phone app automatically popping up.

Anyone else see this and do not like it?

** edit below**

I think people are misunderstanding what I'm trying to say here .

Say you're using speakerphone (or bluetooth) on a call and entering something into the calendar app (or you're using any app while on the phone call) and the other person hangs up the phone. I dislike how the call app takes over to show you the phone hung up.

Or say you dial someone and in the midst of the phone ringing you open the reminder app(or any other app) to make an entry bc you randomly remembered something to enter into the remember app. Then the phone makes the connection to the other person you're calling and the phone app takes over the screen to show it is connected. Again, I dislike the feature and it has no benefits.

I see what others are saying about using an app and someone calls and the phone app takes over. That makes sense. What would be a cool feature would be at the top of what ever app you're using, it gives you the option to pick up the phone either on your bluetooth, speaker, or regular phone speaker (like how text messages pop up at the top when you're using apps and you have the option to respond without exiting the app). That would be a sweet feature.

Yes it is a phone and its made to make and receive calls, but it is a smartphone too people and has endless possibilities for improvement... like every other phone out there. This is really just an ideas discussion.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by rango10; 07-25-14 at 01:52 AM.
    07-19-14 12:48 AM
    Oh yes. But so much more I hate that this one isn't even on my top 5.

Totally agree though.

Z30 / STA100-5 / 10.2.1.3247 / T-Mobile USA
    bmaf likes this.
    07-19-14 02:10 AM
    Yup, it's extremely annoying, one of the few things I truly dislike about BlackBerry 10

Posted via CB10
    07-19-14 02:14 AM
    Me too I hope that they give me an option to swipe it away & continue with whatever I'm currently doing.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-14 03:04 AM
    Me too I hope that they give me an option to swipe it away & continue with whatever I'm currently doing.

Posted via CB10
    Decline the call and it goes away.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    07-19-14 03:06 AM
    For me it is not annoying at all. It doesn't bite.

Posted via CB10
    der_mit likes this.
    07-19-14 03:11 AM
    I agree. It interrupts the work flow considerably. Especially if you have earphones on and you are doing something on your phone while you are in a phone call at the same time.

Why not put the suggestion forward to: https://blackberry.icanmakeitbetter....der=created_at

You can up vote different ideas there and submit yours too.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-14 03:53 AM
    Doesn't bother me at all. Its a phone at the end of the day. A great phone that does some cool other stuff but still a phone.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-14 08:36 AM
    Doesn't bother me at all. Its a phone at the end of the day. A great phone that does some cool other stuff but still a phone.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly
    And most BlackBerry users are not gonna be the type to dismiss a call so they can carry on playing a game or listen to music

Posted via CB10
    Genghis2k3 likes this.
    07-19-14 11:27 AM
    Exactly
    And most BlackBerry users are not gonna be the type to dismiss a call so they can carry on playing a game or listen to music

Posted via CB10
    Why not? They are all business professionals?

I called a customer just yesterday to discuss and email he sent me. The phones riding so I swipe up to open the email to have it ready. He answered and the phone go back to the dialer screen, so now I have to go back to the email.

There is so much messed up with the dial pad it's gone from funny, to not funny back to funny.

Why is the number your calling in a small soft grey font and your own number in bold white and the word "calling" in bold white? I know my number, and I know what I'm doing but what I might like to double check before the phone starts ringing is that I didn't miss hit the name in my speed dial list.

Why when you call someone and it's busy does the end button move to the right and get replaced with call again? Why not have call again go on the right side where end never was. That way you don't hit call again when you meant to hit end.
    07-19-14 12:57 PM
    I'm moderately busy at work so I have no issues going between emails and phone calls. May be a case of work overload for you. I think, though I'm not sure, that you'd have similar troubles with other os's. Just a guess though and would like to hear others experiences on different phones under similar circumstances.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-14 05:44 PM
    I hate it.

Hate it. So much.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 01:27 AM
    It's ironic how people buys a smartphone and despises the ability to pick up a phone call

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3247
    07-20-14 02:03 AM
    Yes it's really frustrating

-
    07-20-14 02:28 AM
    It's ironic how people buys a smartphone and despises the ability to pick up a phone call

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3247
    I have to admit you're right. The thing I can do most without on that phone is the phone. I hate using the phone. But if in have to have a phone is like one that is controllable.

Z30 / STA100-5 / 10.2.1.3247 / T-Mobile USA
    07-20-14 08:38 AM
    What I hate is, I open contacts, choose one to call. Talk, end call. Instead of both the contacts app and the phone app closing (I'm done with them) I have to close both apps. Annoying, to me.
    07-20-14 08:52 AM
    What I hate is, I open contacts, choose one to call. Talk, end call. Instead of both the contacts app and the phone app closing (I'm done with them) I have to close both apps. Annoying, to me.
    Wait?? What??? Why not just use the phone app and use the contacts within the phone app rather than opening the contacts app then opening the phone app...bit long winded don't u think??

That's how I make my calls, when I'm done I just swipe up on the phone app to kill the app off.

Posted via CB10
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    07-20-14 09:31 AM
    No... it's a phone.

Posted via CB10
    Genghis2k3 and Bonnie Bonzai like this.
    07-20-14 09:34 AM
    No... it's a phone.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly!!

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    07-20-14 10:10 AM
    Half the answers here didn't even understand what the op is complaining about.

AFTER placing a call, if you try to do something else the phone app will keep popping up every time there's a status change (dialing, answer, hang-up)

So each time you call you need to wait for the person to pickup the phone before doing something else on the phone.

Extremely annoying
    07-20-14 10:18 AM
    I think a good solution would be a incoming call notification at the top of the screen with 3 options: ignore, answer and speakerphone. Almost similar to the message notifications we get.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 10:19 AM
    It's basically my only complaint about the OS. Honestly. If that's the biggest issue I have with a phone though, that's okay. No other phone that i've ever had satisfies me this much.

It's still kind of a silly way to run the phone app though. Seriously, i'm talking on the phone, taking notes, forwarding an email, looking up a contact or what have have you simultaneously. Perfect. I love that I can do that.

It's just goofy though, what always happens is i swipe out of one task back into the phone app, say goodbye to the person i'm talking to, hit end and swipe the phone app away. Call ended. So I swipe back to one of the other things i'm doing, only to have the remember app (or whatever app, pick one) minimized and the phone app brought back to the forefront. Just so it double notifies me that, yup, the call ended.

There are numerous other ways to do that without breaking my workflow. I would love if they would implement them.

Posted via CB10
    jasonvan9 likes this.
    07-20-14 12:31 PM
    No... it's a phone.

Posted via CB10
    Right on!
    07-20-14 12:42 PM
    There's an explanation for that to happen OP: when you dial a number, your smartphone is not that smart to know if you still need to use the keypad to enter numbers , put the call on hold, mute the microphone, or enter a code to join a conference call and so on, or maybe you want to move from you bluetooth device to your speaker phone or to the handset itself, or maybe you need to do a 3 way call.

As you see there are a bunch of factors to keep in mind here, what if the phone app didn't take over and you have to actually bring it back to screen to accomplish one of those crazy things one do when, you know, one uses the device as an actual phone.
    singhvikas101 likes this.
    07-20-14 01:28 PM

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3247
    don't see the irony. if they bought feature-phone i would say this. i know plenty of people who buy smartphones and hate talking, hence why they love to text, e-mail etc. see? no irony.

on the topic, i do find it annoying sometimes too. it doesn't mean i hate talking on the phone, that's just assumption. at the time i could be doing something important or time-sensitive and i don't want an override pop-up to bother me. smartphones are customizable, this should be a customizable option. A phone call should be allowed to be a toaster notification and if you really want to answer it, just tap the notification. Simple.
    07-20-14 02:40 PM
68 123