Hi guys,
    Just checking to see how many people are going to the blackberry 10 jam developer appreciation event in Slough, UK on the Jan 30th?
    01-24-13 12:42 PM
    Hi guys,
    Just checking to see how many people are going to the blackberry 10 jam developer appreciation event in Slough, UK on the Jan 30th?
    I'm very curious about these "developer appreciation" events myself. I got invited to the Vancouver one, and I've got enough airline points that I can fly down basically for free. All I know is attendance is limited to 200, and there's only the 8 locations. Other than that, who knows?

Should be fun, though!

EDIT: Too funny, just noticed that you responded on my post from yesterday...
    floydsaj likes this.
    01-24-13 12:48 PM
    I'm very curious about these "developer appreciation" events myself. I got invited to the Vancouver one, and I've got enough airline points that I can fly down basically for free. All I know is attendance is limited to 200, and there's only the 8 locations. Other than that, who knows?

Should be fun, though!

EDIT: Too funny, just noticed that you responded on my post from yesterday...
    Hey Thunderbuck, I'll be at the Vancouver event. Honestly a little shocked that they're having it in Van. Then again, they also had a Jam event here.
    sf49ers likes this.
    01-24-13 12:57 PM
    I wonder what they are going to do? They isnt any itienary or schedule.
    01-24-13 01:19 PM
    The Blackberry 10 Jam for UK was in London but the developer appreciation event is in Slough
    01-24-13 01:20 PM
    Hey Thunderbuck, I'll be at the Vancouver event. Honestly a little shocked that they're having it in Van. Then again, they also had a Jam event here.
    I'm noticing that the Dev Appreciation events all seem to be happening a fair ways away from launch events. Not the same time, either. If I had to guess, these are intended for people who might be otherwise unable to reach a launch event/fan event.
    01-24-13 01:40 PM
    I wonder what they are going to do? They isnt any itienary or schedule.
    No, it's all a big mystery. But then, that's part of the fun

I'd originally planned to be at work that day (I'm a sys admin and get plenty of opportunity to track news on the web if there isn't an emergency). As it stands now, I'm going to fly down Tuesday night, find a hotel with decent WiFi, and watch the intro on Wednesday morning... How geeky is THAT?
    floydsaj and bbquincar like this.
    01-24-13 01:44 PM
    I assume it'll be a show off of BlackBerry 10, probably Z10s, and just a nice get together. It's after the launch, so it's not like they will be showing off anything secret. To bad they couldn't seed the LEs through these events, but that would take a lot of coordination at a time when the majority of RIM is focused on the launch. Either way, it was nice for them to hold these events.
    floydsaj likes this.
    01-24-13 02:05 PM
    I assume it'll be a show off of BlackBerry 10, probably Z10s, and just a nice get together. It's after the launch, so it's not like they will be showing off anything secret. To bad they couldn't seed the LEs through these events, but that would take a lot of coordination at a time when the majority of RIM is focused on the launch. Either way, it was nice for them to hold these events.
    They may not be seeding LEs, but... a) we may get to see what they LOOK like and b) I'm hoping there's a chance that--like at the fan events--they'll be giving away phones.

We'll see. I don't EXPECT either of these things, and frankly, I'm just happy to be invited.
    cbolton97 likes this.
    01-24-13 02:46 PM
    Hi guys,

i got an invite yesterday, however im already booked for the London press event, so had to say i couldnt go. im sure everyone that goes to slough will love it tho, the times mirror the launch event, which can only mean good things
    floydsaj likes this.
    01-24-13 03:05 PM
    ive been trying to get an invite but im not sure where to look or who to email
    01-25-13 07:44 PM
    The Blackberry 10 Jam for UK was in London but the developer appreciation event is in Slough
    It probably just means that they are not hiring a location just for this and you will be at their offices in Slough.
    01-26-13 02:50 PM
    So, I got a confirmation e-mail from the event organizers today that filled the picture in a little more. The events are being held at RIM's tech centers worldwide, and include a "personal tour".

The event includes:

Rebroadcast of the global BlackBerry 10 launch from New York City

A personal tour of the new Blackberry Tech Centre at Wavefront from Bob Taniguchi, RIM Senior Director of Global Developer Evangelism
    Hands-on access to new BlackBerry 10 devices and apps available to demo
    The chance to win a BlackBerry 10 device
    Tom Anderson, Manager, Developer Evangelists Team at RIM, available to answer your questions and guide you through the BlackBerry10 experience
    Alec Saunders, head of Developer Relations at RIM, to join the event via satellite
    Appetizers and drinks

So, that sounds pretty decently cool!
    01-29-13 01:18 PM