Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to download all the BB World software and store it on some hard drives and host it somewhere else to keep BB OS devices alive. Thanks!
    04-05-19 06:10 PM
    Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to download all the BB World software and store it on some hard drives and host it somewhere else to keep BB OS devices alive. Thanks!
    No way to do that. It would only happen if BB wants it to happen.
    04-05-19 06:13 PM
    Maybe they'll be some people who will make their apps available outside of BlackBerry World
    04-09-19 12:51 AM
    No way to do that. It would only happen if BB wants it to happen.
    BB can't do so!
    You ask why? Well they dose not have the necessary rights to do so! The author of apps may take law suit action against BB!(as BB only can publish
    Those app on BB world

Send by PassPort Silver Edition
    04-09-19 04:32 AM
    Correct, the apps hosted on BlackBerry World are the property of the developers. Taking them hosting them without the developer's permission is illegal. I believe TrumpetTiger has been working on contacting past and present BB10 developers about making their apps available. Hopefully he can comment. From what I can tell he has devoted alot of time contacting developers. I maybe wrong on his plans.

I also remember reading a post here from someone looking to develop an alternative app hosting site. You may want to search for his posts.
    04-09-19 04:54 PM
    Correct, the apps hosted on BlackBerry World are the property of the developers. Taking them hosting them without the developer's permission is illegal. I believe TrumpetTiger has been working on contacting past and present BB10 developers about making their apps available. Hopefully he can comment. From what I can tell he has devoted alot of time contacting developers. I maybe wrong on his plans.

I also remember reading a post here from someone looking to develop an alternative app hosting site. You may want to search for his posts.
    He mentioned he calculated that around 500 BB10 developers were reachable and still generally active in development. Of course only a subset of those would agree in principle to having someone else host their app(s), and a further subset of those would actually do it.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    04-09-19 05:21 PM
    Devs are fairly receptive if you ask. I wrote to the devs of the two apps I thought were indispensable on BB10, bPod and PlayEpub. Knoware sent me a .bar file for bPod right away and posted one on CrackBerry immediately afterward, and Jesus promised that PlayEpub would still be available after the shutdown.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Forums v1.3.3.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    04-10-19 12:04 AM