Not entirely. That law only applies to version 5.0 and up. So BlackBerry can still update us to 4.4

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport (OG Red)
    Google is like the government, they make the laws and they bend and break the laws.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    Vistaus likes this.
    11-02-16 06:12 AM
    Yes

Posted via CB10
    11-03-16 02:11 AM
    Yes

Posted via CB10
    Eh???

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    11-03-16 05:42 AM
    Yes

Posted via CB10
    Yes to what?

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    11-03-16 07:41 AM
    Not entirely. That law only applies to version 5.0 and up. So BlackBerry can still update us to 4.4

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport (OG Red)
    Upgrading the runtime from 4.3 to 4.4 will hardly make any difference, I have to pessimize. And, even if Google law is the law, I wonder what loopholes BlackBerry could squeeze through if they have truly finished "manufacturing" devices. Regardless, I believe that the bigger issue with Android apps on BB10 is the lack of Google Play Services which is something that won't ever change.

[EDIT: for example, the fact that we can't run SnapChat on BB10 has nothing to do with the runtime version. While I don't personally care about this, it's an issue for many.]
    11-03-16 08:00 AM

[EDIT: for example, the fact that we can't run SnapChat on BB10 has nothing to do with the runtime version. While I don't personally care about this, it's an issue for many.]
    They just blocked us, without mercy.
    11-03-16 08:40 AM
    They just blocked us, without mercy.
    OK, maybe a poor example. But there are many apps that require Google Play Services and, yes, we have some workarounds but the majority of people don't / won't use these and therefore they are also blocked by the big G.
    11-03-16 09:38 AM
    why don't we stop complaining about the same thing and send a letter to Mr Chen, all the blackberry fans around the world telling him that we are alive and using BB10 and we don't want to move to android, that we spent a lot of money in BB phone and they must have respect for every cent spent on their phones because we work a lot for every single thing we buy, we want whatsapp, facebook, RT upgrade, more BB10 updates beyond 10.3.4.... etc..... WORK MAN! don't give up!.
    Don't know, should be a website to sign a petition or something.
    Unfortunately, it's NOT BB/Chen pulling the plug, it's WHATSAPP (owned by Facebook). It's like a tire manufacturer announcing they will no longer make tires in the size your car requires because your car is the only one in the world with that size of tire.

"they must have respect for every cent spent on their phones" - unfortunately, BB10 phone sales have ALWAYS BEEN POOR. At some point, loyalty will bankrupt a company. BB could NOT survive on the revenue from BB10 hardware and so they had to move on to something they could survive on.

That's why there are no Edsel or DeSoto car dealerships any more. Same idea.
    11-03-16 10:24 AM
    Well, people who has my whatsapp obviously have my phone number. So they will have to text me after December

Posted via BlackBerry Passport SE
    11-03-16 08:54 PM
    Well, people who has my whatsapp obviously have my phone number. So they will have to text me after December

Posted via BlackBerry Passport SE
    Thank you for being such an adaptable human. This is how to live. Roll with the punches. If something doesn't go according to how we expect (or want) sometimes the only thing to do is realign or adjust, then keep moving. IF Whatsapp becomes completely useless on BB10, life will go on just as merrily as before.
    luigieagle and Vistaus like this.
    11-04-16 07:43 AM
    I can't be the only one thinking about a WhatsappWeb BBClient with Hub Integration can I?
    Is there any reason why no one came up with that yet? You could buy a cheap second hand Android phone, leave it on your home wifi and use whatsapp simply via the client on your BB! Is this not possible for some reason? I have no idea about coding so I really don't know, just wanted to throw it out there to someone who does...
    11-06-16 11:35 AM
    I take oath myself today that I should never install android app on my phone. So it will be bb10 whatsapp or no whatsapp

Posted via CB10
    11-06-16 01:07 PM
    Definitely the wrong category to start the thread. And a the thread that is active simultaneously at so many categories.

Via Z10. OS 10.3.2.2876
    11-06-16 01:24 PM
    I can't be the only one thinking about a WhatsappWeb BBClient with Hub Integration can I?
    Is there any reason why no one came up with that yet? You could buy a cheap second hand Android phone, leave it on your home wifi and use whatsapp simply via the client on your BB! Is this not possible for some reason? I have no idea about coding so I really don't know, just wanted to throw it out there to someone who does...
    We've already discussed this in this thread and other threads and yes, that is possible. @Nemory is supposedly working on it.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    11-06-16 03:04 PM
    Only way is using the apk

Posted via CB10
    11-06-16 07:49 PM
    you do know Z30 is capable of running google play. I have google play in mine and installed whatsapp through it. Video calling and goodies are working fine. Having difficulty sending pictures and video files. Wonder what that is about. Receiving is not a problem.

I am a Blackberry fan and I don't want to switch to android or any other platform , as whatsapp support is going to end in 2017 for BB10 , so is there any way to use it after because we can install android apps in bb10 so can we install Whatsapp android app on BB device to use it ?
    01-01-17 10:30 AM
    You can use parellel space app...so it will look like u are in an android environment
    01-10-17 02:40 PM
    I just installed the latest android-version of WhatsApp, downloaded with my PC and then copied to the SD Card. Works. To send Media you need waat-a-fix. On my Passport it works, except the cameraf-unction of WA. But I mailed it to the developper. Maybe he finds a solution. What did not work is to import the old chats. You find the file on the SD-card, but thats all. Maybe it is a format problem. If anyone has an idee how to import the chats I would be grateful.
    01-23-17 08:19 AM
    Good News guys. There is an update from Whats App which extends the End of Life to Decmeber 2017 !!! ..
    Just go to Blackberry world > Select Whats App > Update.. and you are good for another six months ..
    ENJOY ..
    07-19-17 10:58 AM
    Dudes WhatsApp from BB wordl its a disaster; I´m now using yowhatsapp v6.71 ( YoWAV6.71_com.waNOEmoji_Yousef_Al_Basha ) of course check this web "http://yousefalbasha.com/WA/yowa/" . Don´t forget use PLAY SERVICES PATCHER to remove "google play services". My Z30 has SO v10.3.3.2205 (in fact using its android runtime; and WAA Fixer). Good luck at test, then enjoy it. There is a beta version of WhatsApp apk and is fuctional -> https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/whatsa...-apk-download/
    08-01-17 09:22 AM
    Or you could use "Whatsup" The Messenger from the Play Store. It's basically Telegram but it runs much smoother on the Passport.

UPDATE

Correction and apologies. I had to uninstall Whatsup due to the ads and battery drain. Phone was getting warm also so I just went and installed the latest version of Telegram. Living with alternatives.
    Sorry for the misinformation guys.
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 08-05-17 at 08:22 PM.
    08-04-17 12:28 AM
    If you need a way to get the app use the Yalp Store. Should be able to find that online.
    Cheers!
    08-04-17 12:29 AM
    I have BB Q20 Classic and few days ago WhatsApp stopped working -.- So, I did this today. Not the perfect solution but it works..for now. I changed the date, to this year, but I've put 1.1.2018. and it works. It didn't work when I put 2017 or 2016 (false date WA says, no access if I don't change it), but this does.

Settings>Date and Time>Auto Upedate Time Zone changed to Prompt>Set Date and Time Automatically set to Off>manually set date to 1.1.2018.

Pros - everything works - messages, pictures...

Cons - false Date on my phone, a bit risky because if something happens I'll get false Time too (not wearing a watch ), and one more thing...somebody texts me over WA, after I reply clicking on message directly from Hub or accessing WA directly over App icon, Chat with that person disappears. It's there but if that somebody doesn't text you again, to see your Chat with him/her you'll have to find him on your WA list>long press on his icon>Chat, and everything is there.

Hope this help. If somebody have another solution please send.
    I was thinking maybe to change/delete something in WA over Ghost Commander, but didn't explore that thought yet.

Cheers

Edit: Just realised, Chat doesn't disappear, It's there, but lower, under 1.1.2018 date
    Last edited by dave_bgd; 01-16-18 at 11:36 AM.
    01-16-18 10:54 AM
    omg seriously just install the damn android version. All these work arounds for an OS that is dead and not worth it. i guess no one uses their calendar for reminders and such?
    01-16-18 04:14 PM
    omg seriously just install the damn android version. All these work arounds for an OS that is dead and not worth it. i guess no one uses their calendar for reminders and such?
    Well considering reviews from BB World, WA Fix app has 5 stars or 1...so for some everything (texting, pics...) works and for some no. So for now, I'll go this way, because if I try Android one and it doesn't work than what, buy a new phone, hell no...

Anyway, if somebody choose not to install WA Android .apk + WA Fix from BBWorld, like me!! Or it doesn't work in some way...

I've found one more way, a much more simple one. This way your Date will remain normal and all phone functions will be up to it.

So, EDIT#3:

1. Change your Date to 1.1.2018.
    2. Now, open WA via icon in your menu, send some test message to someone and get a reply one.
    3. While still in WA(don't close it, just minimize) change your date in phone Settings, put everything back to normal/auto update.
    4. Exit Settings, Exit WA.
    Now you should be able to communicate with everybody from existing Chats entering WA Chat ONLY via BB Hub. Just avoid entering WA via app icon. Enter your Chats only over BB Hub!
    From my experience today, you can repeat these steps anytime if you enter WA via main menu icon by mistake.

It's a bit silly, but it works and my phone is up to date and everything works.
    01-16-18 08:04 PM
78 1234