Hi BBians, to speak the main point first, my BlackBerry Passport won't turn on, doesn't show any type of signals while long pressing Power or Volume Buttons, but whenever connected to PC or Charger, the LED keeps blinking one plus six times (Blink Code: 10111111), however even then it won't turn on. On PC BB Link recognizes it, but can't communicate with it, & gives me RELOAD option. However, pathetic me do not have any Backup anywhere, so I did not do that yet.
    Now, among all data, local CONTACTS is the one which is of my highest priority to not lose/get back. Then comes Text Messages and Files on Internal Memory. It is such a situation that let alone Apps or other data, if I can only retrieve that much, or at least Contacts, it will be a huge relief for me.
    Note that, I had 3 e-mail IDs (2 Outlook, 1 Google) running on the phone HUB, before the issue, and I believe, in the Account settings, the SYNCHRONIZATION for the Contacts or Calendar has always been ON, and although I'm not 100% sure, I can give a few leads to confirm this: There were a few duplicate/triplicate contacts in my phone as well; Some contacts I found to have automatically gathered photos/mail IDs/twitter details about them even without me doing or even knowing it.
    Even if I get the Contacts on a different Android phone or anywhere, it is still fine. I had most files on my SD Card, so not much worried about them or SMSs, without which I can still manage, so if I get them too, that will be an added bonus. Any idea ladies and gentlemen?
    By the way, will Reloading my phone by BB Link or any Autoloader delete my Contacts, or Text Messages, or Files? Just to be sure. Shall I even try taking the BATTERY OUT of my Passport and screwing it back in and test whether it starts or not? I saw some people (using Z10 etc.) call that a Hard Reset.
    For more details, my phone was running the latest version of BB 10 OS available on Software Update screen of phone. One day, all of a sudden I saw my phone getting restarted at 40 - 60 minutes interval, which subsequently became 4 - 5 minutes, and further became at a stage when it won't even let booting cycle to complete, in matter of a day. Thereafter, a stage came of 4 LED blinks (OS Signature Invalid), then 4+2 (Exception: Data Abort) (Bad Memory Hardware for both signals), & it will blink until battery dies down. However, after connecting to Charger, it was restarting and booting and at times even loading to the home screen, only to crash and restart again eventually after 1 - 3 minutes. Then, once while trialing like that only, it died further which led to present circumstances. This is to note that more than 50% of my internal memory was free. However, I had been using the BlackBerry Passport since just less than last 5.5 years, and it used to heat up.
    Any resolution over my abovementioned issue will be truly welcomed.
    05-28-20 12:29 PM
    Simply log into each of those accounts in the web browser... and see if your contacts are there. If they are, you are good to go. But BB10 had a separate "local" account.... any contacts there are lost.

Blitz load of the OS doesn't wipe the phone... but usually won't fix one that isn't booting either. Won't hurt to try it first. If you use LINK or an Autoloader it will delete all info on the phone.

You can do a hard reset by holding down the power button over 30 seconds.... your error code is common, and required reloading the OS. But your details about what happened before, not so much... I'd have suggested a clean wipe without a restore and test it for a little bit. If those issues persist, I'd have said it was a hardware issue and it's time to move on. For sure it was time to do a backup either way.

Hope your SD wasn't encrypted..... too many opted for that extra "security".
    PronayBasak likes this.
    05-28-20 02:24 PM
    Any resolution over my abovementioned issue will be truly welcomed.
    Could also be that Link is just acting the goat at the moment (as usual).
    You could try DBBT and see if it will recognize and be able to backup the device.

Link for DBBT.
    https://mega.nz/#!RlZXQADZ!DtfI0LT6h...ZIMF7F0hG9Nido

Posted via CB10
    PronayBasak likes this.
    05-28-20 07:48 PM
    Thank you for the information. Fortunately, my Outlook e-mail accounts when I logged into in my web browser had All the CONTACTS and most Calendar info stored in it, in 'People' & 'Calendar' section. I hope for the other Gmail account also it will be the same. So, a huge relief there.
    Now moving on to try saving my Text Messages and Files, How to Blitz load the OS? I was researching in internet, but couldn't find a proper way or site for that. Explain please.
    My SD Card wasn't encrypted anyway and I can access it in laptop. I tried hard reseting my phone without any SIM or SD card in the way you are suggesting, for no avail.
    05-29-20 07:59 AM
    You could try DBBT and see if it will recognize and be able to backup the device.

Link for DBBT.

Posted via CB10
    The link that you gave just does not open. Not even in proxysite.com, where it shows loading and a red circle, but nothing after that. I have found this with several other 'mega.nz' sites that my network does not open them. Any method you suggest for it to work? or any other way with respect to solution you provided?
    05-29-20 09:07 AM
    The link that you gave just does not open. Not even in proxysite.com, where it shows loading and a red circle, but nothing after that. I have found this with several other 'mega.nz' sites that my network does not open them. Any method you suggest for it to work? or any other way with respect to solution you provided?
    Confirmed - it's a good link. Try another browser or clear all of your cookies.
    05-29-20 04:27 PM
    Link is good - remember this program needs to run on a PC so use your PC's web browser to download and install.
    05-29-20 04:34 PM

Link for DBBT.

Posted via CB10
    Nope, my device is not getting detected, although it shows the same 1+6 LED blinks. I tried clicking on Connect to Phone and Backup Manager and other options into that software, all for no avail. Could access that site you gave from a different network provider.
    06-01-20 11:48 AM
    Nope, my device is not getting detected, although it shows the same 1+6 LED blinks. I tried clicking on Connect to Phone and Backup Manager and other options into that software, all for no avail. Could access that site you gave from a different network provider.
    Chance are if you used another PC... another USB Cable... it would work.
    06-01-20 02:49 PM
    A really great way to find some of these issues with your devices browser would be to use development mode. From the the OS settings. Your device will now send a socket connection of the real connection (website you browser is currently on) to its usb port at a certain ip address. Just turn the browsers Web Inspector on, plug in to a pc an vist the Web Inspectors IP which usually has a port number of :1337

Any chromium browser can observe the network connection and export a utf8 parsable string. Just a ton of json. Which is your phones record of that network session. There are other profiles of this session the debugger can capture too.

this debugger has support for more than a few prototypes that are not built into the devices javascript runtime. Unfortunately the interpreter is not available in this anymore but thats not really a problem because you can set something up to report with the client.

I have used a second blackerry to provide the interpreter.

The libraries at platform:/// allow you to build a require graph from the browsers context with an automation framework called seleniumcore.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Leyra B10; 06-02-20 at 05:09 PM.
    PronayBasak likes this.
    06-01-20 03:47 PM
    A really great way to find some of these issues with your devices browser would be to use development mode. From the the OS settings. Your device will now send a socket connection of the real connection (website you browser is currently on) to its usb port at a certain ip address. Just turn the browsers Web Inspector on, plug in to a pc an vist the Web Inspectors IP which usually has a port number of :1337

Any chromium browser can observe the network connection and export a utf8 parsable string. Just a ton of json. Which is your phones record of that network session. There are other profiles of this session the debugger can capture too.

this debugger has support for more than a few prototypes that are not built into the devices javascript runtime. Unfortunately the interpreter is not available in this anymore but thats not really a problem because you can set something up to report with the client.

The libraries at platform:/// allow you to build a require graph from the browsers context with an automation framework called seleniumcore.

Posted via CB10
    Went somewhat over the head. May be that's normal on my part not being a techie like you. Appreciate your help and knowledge though.
    06-03-20 06:29 AM

Posted via CB10
    Hold on.... Let me find the power button... How do I turn on phone again?
    Am I holding correct?! ? ;-D
    Leyra B10 and mikael11 like this.
    06-03-20 07:31 AM
    Chance are if you used another PC... another USB Cable... it would work.
    Does anyone have any tutorial or link that describes how to use Darcy's BB Tools for Blitz loading my BlackBerry Passport? I have both set of files. I experimentally proceeded to a little extent by building an Autoloader from random '.bar' signed files, and tried to install them connecting my device, which failed in the end. So, any informative tutorial anyone got?
    06-03-20 07:43 AM
    Went somewhat over the head. May be that's normal on my part not being a techie like you. Appreciate your help and knowledge though.
    Thats fair sorry about that, I can't really find the documentation on using those tools, I had a Udemy course and some source files but it has been taken down also. So hopefully stuff like this just shows up in a search engine.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-20 09:42 AM
    over 30 seconds
    12 seconds......but who's counting?
    06-05-20 07:08 PM
    Quite surprising that such a comprehensive user guide for DBBT was not available anywhere online.
    06-06-20 04:55 AM
    Quite surprising that such a comprehensive user guide for DBBT was not available anywhere online.
    Really? It was made by a community member as a hobby.
    06-06-20 12:24 PM
    I do remember some better "how to" on Blitz.... but can't seem to find them now. Nothing last forever...

Blitz just didn't work well for me, so I stopped bothering and learned best ways to do a clean install.
    06-08-20 08:07 AM
    Yea, I am also looking to do a clean Reload of my BB 10 OS via BB Link in a couple of days.
    06-09-20 03:34 AM
    Yea, I am also looking to do a clean Reload of my BB 10 OS via BB Link in a couple of days.
    Use an autoloader. Avoid Link.
    06-09-20 07:13 AM
    Many avoid LINK.....

1) It's doesn't always install the latest update... just what you get OTA.
    2) It's hit and miss on connecting sometimes.... PC updates have from time to time broken it.
    3) Updates seem to fail more often, when it does connect to your phone.

But if it works... it works.

Autoloader is just what most recommend.
    PronayBasak likes this.
    06-09-20 07:24 AM
    Let's see. However, at the present condition of my phone (1+6 LED blinks) if BB Link fails, at the beginning or at end, I still have the option to use an Autoloader. May be some 2 - 3 GB of data and some time will be wasted. On the other hand, if Autoloading fails, because of any reason may be, my fault or otherwise while in Bootrom, I don't know whether the phone will be recognized by Link thereafter. So, good advises from both of you, let's see what I do. Got a kinda guide for using DBBT. I may try to use that one more time for Autoloading my device from there. If that works, fine. If that doesn't, will think.
    06-10-20 05:48 AM
    Let's see. However, at the present condition of my phone (1+6 LED blinks) if BB Link fails, at the beginning or at end, I still have the option to use an Autoloader. May be some 2 - 3 GB of data and some time will be wasted. On the other hand, if Autoloading fails, because of any reason may be, my fault or otherwise while in Bootrom, I don't know whether the phone will be recognized by Link thereafter. So, good advises from both of you, let's see what I do. Got a kinda guide for using DBBT. I may try to use that one more time for Autoloading my device from there. If that works, fine. If that doesn't, will think.
    An autoloader can't fail.
    PronayBasak likes this.
    06-10-20 06:32 AM
    Finally Reloaded my OS. Not without encountering several errors though.
    06-21-20 03:45 AM
    I can only express my amusement, the poor phone used every possible way to make you aware to its dying process, it even improvised a countdown too and you didn't made a backup, this is brave. All hail to the respectful Passport!
    06-22-20 03:12 PM
33 12