Is there anyway to play song from specific folders that are in my SD card. or is there a way to create a playlist based on folders without going through songs one by one. I prefer to use the native music app. but also open to suggestion on best third party apps.

Thanks.
    10-08-14 01:12 PM
    Is there anyway to play song from specific folders that are in my SD card. or is there a way to create a playlist based on folders without going through songs one by one. I prefer to use the native music app. but also open to suggestion on best third party apps.

Thanks.
    Why can't you use the file system to move the music to the correct folder?
    10-08-14 01:27 PM
    All the sub music folders are under the music folder. I assume that would be the correct folder. But I want to create a play list for each subfolder as all subfolder are genre specific.
    10-08-14 04:23 PM
    The music files have the genres in them. You would have to use one of those mp3 tools that sets that information. The folders doesn't seem to matter.

Posted from my Z30 using CB10
    10-08-14 08:53 PM
    Here is a Life Hacker article on music taggers.

Media Monkey is good.
    I like MusicBrainz as well.
    There are also a few apps in BB World that can do tagging.

The default music app will create playlists based on genres.
    10-09-14 10:03 AM
    You may want to get this app

Check out ID3IOT in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/47953889

It has an option for custom genre

Any way to paly music within folders?-img_20141009_110711.png

Posted from my Z30 using CB10
    10-09-14 10:08 AM
    Try this:
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/28648896

Folder based music player. Very basic, but does the job.

Still, I'm with Logan. Absolutely nothing beats a properly sorted music library with ID3 tags. It just feels right.
    10-09-14 10:12 AM
    Try this:
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/28648896

Folder based music player. Very basic, but does the job.

Still, I'm with Logan. Absolutely nothing beats a properly sorted music library with ID3 tags. It just feels right.
    +6.02x10^23

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=907323

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 11:32 AM
    Don't know if you're still looking for a solution to this in the native BlackBerry music player. I did just come into the same problem of trying to make a playlist based on a folder.

I'll note up front that most of my music sits in one main folder so it's a collection of everything from the last 13 years....therefore if all your music is sorted this may or may not work for you.

Any music that is "new" to the phone - whether it's actually new or just cut and pasted from one folder to another - will show up in order at the top of the Recently Added list in the Music player.

Now this will require a little time depending on how much music you have but it's easy enough, cut the folder you want to make into a playlist, paste it into a new master music folder on your SD Card (or just move everything out of the Music folder and move it back one folder at a time). In the Music app go to the Recently added list after each folder you move and select all the desired content for that folder's playlist and "add to playlist" > create new > give it a name and save it.

Goes a lot faster than it sounds but if your music is already sorted you're already a leg up.

Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 03:34 PM