Since blackberry worlds days are numbered i've decided to create a new site to archive BB10 freeware.

Does anyone know of a simple way to download blackberry world freeware to a computer bar file- so it can be sideloaded?

Also if any of you wants to help me with creating the software listings (aka downloading apps and then uploading to ftp and creating a listing on the new site).
    I could make it worth your while in a couple of ways (including having super cool admin privileges on the new site).. PM me if you might be interested to find out all the perks.
    mikael11 likes this.
    03-14-18 01:27 AM
    You do know it's not "freeware"...
    03-14-18 07:38 AM
    Not sure what you mean.. a lot of apps on blackberry world are free so how is it not freeware.
    03-14-18 11:05 AM
    Not sure what you mean.. a lot of apps on blackberry world are free so how is it not freeware.
    Yes, but most are still governed by a license. Have you contacted the developers to get their permission?
    03-14-18 11:18 AM
    Good point - I will review the license of each (if included) and if there is no permission granted I will ask them directly. But I would still need to solve the technical hurdle, anyone have an idea on that? Also alternatively if I download onto my q10 can I then copy it to the sd and would that copy be installable on another compatible blackberry?
    03-14-18 11:30 AM
    Yes a BAR file can be "backed-up" and reinstalled.... manually or there were some utilities that could do this.
    03-14-18 01:16 PM
    Don't know, what you mean by "copy to sd". I don't think there is a way to do so.
    For private storage of already used apps, there's already BB Link.

However I think that you might get lucky in looking for sachesi. I think there's a way to extract installed apps. But I don't know of any way to directly download bar files from BB World and save them.
    03-14-18 01:20 PM
    By copy to SD I mean using a file manager to browse the internal memory to find the bar files and then "copy" it using the file manager to the micro-sd card I have on my q10.. and hence I could then take out the micro sd reader, plug it into my computer to get those files.
    But either way thanks everyone - I'll look into link & sachesi too or other types of utilities.
    03-14-18 05:24 PM
    By copy to SD I mean using a file manager to browse the internal memory to find the bar files and then "copy" it using the file manager to the micro-sd card I have on my q10.. and hence I could then take out the micro sd reader, plug it into my computer to get those files.
    But either way thanks everyone - I'll look into link & sachesi too or other types of utilities.
    03-14-18 05:25 PM
    No, apps downloaded from BB World can't be extracted from the device. You can backup your device from Link but that will only allow you to restore the entire backup to a different BB10 device.
    03-15-18 12:25 AM
    Good point - I will review the license of each (if included) and if there is no permission granted I will ask them directly. But I would still need to solve the technical hurdle, anyone have an idea on that? Also alternatively if I download onto my q10 can I then copy it to the sd and would that copy be installable on another compatible blackberry?
    Speaking as a developer who's applications are all free of charge: any license included with the application must be read in conjunction with the BlackBerry World license. Some of my applications include intellectual property for which I am licensed for use in an application offered in BlackBerry World. Your actions could place me in a position of vicarious liability, and force me to take action.

If you want to proceed I suggest that you set up your site and ask developers to place their applications there.
    StephanieMaks likes this.
    03-15-18 07:55 AM