Home CrackBerry Q&A > BlackBerry 10 OS

Any way to change sort order in Pictures app?

Asked: Apr 12 2014 | 5:22 pm EDT 6666 Views 13 Answers View Best Answer

OK quick question here about something that is driving me insane. Can anyone tell me how to control the order or photos in the native Photos app? They seem to come up in reverse chronological order which totally defies logic. I have hundreds of photos and to edit a new one, I have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the list. And yes, in my file manager, I have them set to order properly. It seems to have been like this since the last OS update. I don't get it. Any help?

Doug

Posted via CB10

Best Answer

Apr 12 2014 | 6:58 pm EDT Elite1

The only help I can offer is the middle symbol with the camera and calendar on the bottom shows you by date they were added or taken.
Yes that Date tab seems to do it. Plus as soon as you move the screen at all, you get a handy slider tab on right for finding the right month.

BUT sending a pic to someone, the Pictures option there is not sortable as far as I can tell. Earlier 10.2.1 builds had it working great with recent first. Recent 10.2.1.2xxx builds have ruined it with oldest first.

You're not stuck, as you can access file manager via same share screen too, it's just more steps.

More Answers

Apr 12 2014 | 5:31 pm EDT anon721037

The only help I can offer is the middle symbol with the camera and calendar on the bottom shows you by date they were added or taken.

Apr 12 2014 | 5:35 pm EDT CGSCOT

Been like that since last couple of updates it used to place them in order of last taken or saved, I know it has recently & date etc but it only works for photos taken by camera & not ones that you save from say an email etc it's a proper hassle having to scroll right to bottom I have about 4000 photos & it takes a while. Posted about this before but can't find a solution.

Posted via CB10

Apr 12 2014 | 5:52 pm EDT Ecm

Thread title tweaked...

Apr 12 2014 | 6:11 pm EDT kthhrrsn

OK quick question here about something that is driving me insane. Can anyone tell me how to control the order or photos in the native Photos app? They seem to come up in reverse chronological order which totally defies logic. I have hundreds of photos and to edit a new one, I have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the list. And yes, in my file manager, I have them set to order properly. It seems to have been like this since the last OS update. I don't get it. Any help?

Doug

Posted via CB10
Drives me nuts too! They should at least add a sort option.

Posted via CB10 from my Z30.

Apr 12 2014 | 8:07 pm EDT DougDuke

Thanks for the replies folks. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't nuts because I recall this being fine not to long ago. Can't imagine why they'd program it that way. Silly really. It takes forever to find a photo that's more recent. Hopefully in an update soon.

Posted via CB10

Apr 13 2014 | 2:44 am EDT FabianB

Jep really annoying, makes no sense...

Posted via CB10

Apr 13 2014 | 8:47 pm EDT mf1982

Ok, so it's not only me.

Fortunately on the Q10, I can use keyboard shortcuts to jump through to the bottom (b)

Posted via CB10

Apr 14 2014 | 3:18 am EDT anon(3732391)

Thanks for the replies folks. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't nuts because I recall this being fine not to long ago. Can't imagine why they'd program it that way. Silly really. It takes forever to find a photo that's more recent. Hopefully in an update soon.

Posted via CB10
hold on Doug! We're a full service forum and we'll be glad to help you determine if you're nuts and just how nuts you are.
Now I can tell that you're a newbie so first things first!

Now, then, as a member, you're already cracked! In no time the nuts will start coming out of the woodwork and they'll drive you crazy.
I hope that helps put things in perspective for you.

( we're here to help!)

Apr 14 2014 | 5:13 am EDT FabianB

Ok, so it's not only me.

Fortunately on the Q10, I can use keyboard shortcuts to jump through to the bottom (b)

Posted via CB10
Coming from a Q10 to my Z30, I really miss this indeed.

Apr 14 2014 | 7:06 am EDT Sean McLean

Not sure I understand.... my recent photos are always first ones on the list.... or click the "recent" button to get back to top....

Posted via CB10

Apr 14 2014 | 7:15 am EDT tomsobon

oohh yeesss NUTS, me too...

it's apparently changing on 10.3 (maybe on 10.2.2) let's hope to have it asap

Apr 28 2014 | 9:51 pm EDT The_Big

THIS IS SOOOOO STUPID FROM THEM. I can believe that a guy at BlackBerry programming department is like: WAIT don't send out this update yet... I got a small change that those "few and proud" BlackBerry users will like. Sort latest pictures to show at the bottom he probably said that with an undeserved sense of accomplishment.

Sorry just venting about that stupid sorting problem that they just might NEVER fix!!!!

Posted via CB10