What if they're just working "privately"?
    09-16-15 01:01 PM
    Will BlackBerry 10 live or will it die ?

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 01:05 PM
    Will BlackBerry 10 live or will it die ?

Posted via CB10
    That's like asking will I get run over tomorrow, maybe, maybe not
    09-16-15 04:22 PM
    I said it several times here, the Agenda is not what I want. (In my opinion the Agenda is for nothing.) The Agenda shows only one day.

If I have a meeting at Monday in the morning it could be interesting to know that already at Friday because you still have something to prepare for that. Or you get a call (assume landline) and you must answer a question about an event, you know you have it in the Calendar, but when??? So you start to scroll through the days, day by day to find this. A special problem are birthdays because you could get the idea to prepare something, a present or so, but for this you have to know that someone has birthday next week. And reminders are not good at all for that. You need something else, a permanent reminder.

For all that you need a view showing just the next upcoming events reardless of when they really are. Show me the next ten events, or so, or show me the events of the next three months. If the tenth event is Xmas and we have September now, so what?, show me this. This would be the only Calendar view I really need, the next future at a glance.

Once upon a time I had a so called Today theme on my Curve. There were a lot of Today themes, and that we don't have this feature anymore is indeed bad. A Today theme showed exactly that list of upcoming events permanently on the background of the home screen. Unlock the screen and you have it. This was great, this was productivity.
    I'm looking at it by the week right now.........................

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 06:08 PM
    10.3.3 is in CryoSleep, only to be awaken if BlackBerry's foray into Android fails...
    09-16-15 07:02 PM
    Next phone is android. The update is don't hold your breath for anything coming bb10 ever again. I'm a wee bit pissed myself dropping whatever it was on my passport to have the os abandoned less than a year later on me

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 09:54 PM
    10.3.3 is in CryoSleep, only to be awaken if BlackBerry's foray into Android fails...
    If the droid device(s?) fail, it'll be the end of the handset division. The way Chen is he'll cut his expenses and go full software.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 10:35 PM
    Have you even tried using agenda view? Agenda view let you scroll up and down through 7 days, swipe left and right for other sets of 7 days. If it were Friday and you wanted to see what you had on Monday all you need to do is scroll down from Friday to Monday in Agenda view; it couldn't possibly be simpler. And finding an event in the calendar is as simple as using the search. The agenda view coupled with the search function is roughly 95% of what you are asking for. The other 5% is your inability and unwillingness to change and use a new method.
    Friend, it's never a good approach to tell someone who has an entitled need for A he's just inable and unwilling to use B. This is just arrogancy.

I dealed with the Agenda a lot. And I'm not an unexperienced user. That's why I expressed my need. The Agenda has major disadvantages: it uses a two-dimensional representation, you have the days above in a horizontal line and you have the events below in a vertical list. You can only see the events of ONE day at a glance. I spoke instead (and very exactly) about a ONE-dimensional "list of events regardless of when they are in future" (you could have read this), this means a list of events of MULTIPLE days. Top most should be the events of today, below the next upcoming events. You should always be able to look as much into the future as you have space on your screen. Or in other words: I want to see the next 10 upcoming events at ONE glance, not in 10 glances with a lot of two-dimensional scrolling over 37 days between. This is something completely different. And that's why my need is legitime. This view should also be part of the Hub. The representation of events (from today and tomorrow) in the Hub is insufficient in my eyes.

I wonder that nobody else got this idea. Probably the need for such a view depends on the number of events you have. If you have 10 events each day you are perhaps completely satisfied with the Agenda, you can't even think more into the future, and my new view would not look very different. But if you have three events in two weeks it's a bit different, then you scroll your Agenda over a lot of gaps, again and again.
    Last edited by muellerto; 09-17-15 at 03:54 AM.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    09-17-15 12:36 AM
    I'm looking at it by the week right now.........................
    If it's Friday, you can't see what is on Monday or ten days later without scrolling. Every view based on a fixed time duration is insufficient for this. That's why the Calendar should have at least ONE view not based on a fixed time duration but instead based on a number of events.
    09-17-15 12:46 AM
    If it's Friday, you can't see what is on Monday or ten days later without scrolling. Every view based on a fixed time duration is insufficient for this. That's why the Calendar should have at least ONE view not based on a fixed time duration but instead based on a number of events.
    It takes half a second to swipe to the next week. I can see how your scenario would be useful too but most would just want to see what their work week looks like for appointments....

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 05:16 AM
35 12