I rarely use my current Android phone as a wifi hotspot, and when I do, I am sending files of 10mb or less.

Because of this, I do not want to pay Verizon the extra $10 for the service (and lose unlimited along the way!)

Are there any workarounds?

With my 9930, I used Tether.com and connected the phone directly to the computer when needed. That's not available anymore.
    11-11-13 05:09 AM
    i use my z10 as a hotspot all the time.
    11-11-13 02:27 PM
    Do you use it as a hotspot for free?

I don't think Verizon allows for that. Not 100% sure, but pretty darn sure.
    11-11-13 03:24 PM
    Yes I do. The data I use just cones off my data plan.
    Isn't there a hotspot option in your network connections screen through the settings??
    I think att blocks it, I don't know who else. I'm on rogers in canada.
    11-11-13 03:59 PM
    Do you use it as a hotspot for free?

I don't think Verizon allows for that. Not 100% sure, but pretty darn sure.
    Depends on the plan your on. If you have a grandfathered unlimited plan, it costs extra. If you have or switch to a newer share everything meterrd data plan, the hotspot is no additional charge. At least that's what they told me (I have a grandfathered plan).

Via CB10 VZW Z10 STL100-4 10.2.0.1803
    11-11-13 04:02 PM
    Yes... I'm unlimited. I'm not a huge data hog, so maybe I'd do better with the share everything plan.

Still, no special app - hack type thing that will do the trick?

With tether.com I had to connect my 9930 with an actual USB... but it was wonderful in a pinch.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-11-13 04:06 PM
    Search...Escreen. wink wink nudge nudge.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 04:07 PM
    Escreen.... pretty interesting.

Although I do not quite understand it, it does appear to allow you to do some serious "under the hood" type blackberry manipulations.... possibly turning on the wifi-hotspot signal?
    11-11-13 04:15 PM

Although I do not quite understand it, it does appear to allow you to do some serious "under the hood" type blackberry manipulations.... possibly turning on the wifi-hotspot signal?
    Yes. There is a post on here about how to do it. I have it working on Verizon. Unfortunately I don't have an unlimited plan anymore, but it's still cheaper than paying separate.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 09:08 PM

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...creens-793184/
    11-11-13 10:17 PM