It's going to fix everything plus have an option for a dark background in the hub.
    That joke is getting old now...

Posted via CB10 using my amazing BlackBerry Passport (OG Red) <3
    08-24-16 11:54 PM
    NOooooooo

Posted via CB10
    08-24-16 11:55 PM
    First of all stability and security are crucial, second is the fact that BlackBerry keeps choking on their own promises, and the way they're treating BB10 users.

Stability and security; okay but you do realize BB10 is over and that they only patch because of a couple of BB10's in the field? I cannont believe there is any new development going on.

"second is the fact that BlackBerry keeps choking on their own promises"; hahahaha thanks for the laugh :-)
    08-25-16 04:21 AM
    Don't you think those things are important?
    Yes of course those are important. But you do realize it's over with the development of BB10? I really do not understand the 'faith' of the BB10 audience.

I was a happy BB10 user until I realized (mid 2015 and i was in denial and quite late) BB10 was over. There are just 2 ecosystems for mobile devices (iOS and Android) and just 2 brands which are making money by selling devices (Apple and Samsung). I bought for security reasons, a PKB and for emotional reasons a Blackberry Priv and after installation/BES12 AFW activation I've never looked back to my Passport.

After the MM upgrade and a couple of updates of the BB software after that; it's working great.

Personal side: all the apps and services supported and a up to date OS and on the Work Side: the work applications (Office365 for example) and the BES12 Security BSCP.

Also in the BES12 environment there is not any sign of BB10 development and support (beside patching) anymore.
    08-25-16 04:29 AM
    Yes of course those are important. But you do realize it's over with the development of BB10? I really do not understand the 'faith' of the BB10 audience.
    Then maybe Chen should man up and say that instead of repeatedly promising that they fully support BB10, and having their COO drop crumbs like "We haven't ruled out a new BB10 handset in the future."

Yes I know it's ******** that they are spreading, but they are executives in a big corporation telling blatant lies to their customers and their shareholders and the public. That is what pisses me off.

I want them to either own up to their words and deliver what they promise, or own up to their lies and tell us the truth.

I do not understand how so many folks here can just give them a pass on their ****, let it slide yet again.
    BerrySoul likes this.
    08-25-16 06:46 AM
    Then maybe Chen should man up and say that instead of repeatedly promising that they fully support BB10, and having their COO drop crumbs like "We haven't ruled out a new BB10 handset in the future."

Yes I know it's ******** that they are spreading, but they are executives in a big corporation telling blatant lies to their customers and their shareholders and the public. That is what pisses me off.

I want them to either own up to their words and deliver what they promise, or own up to their lies and tell us the truth.

I do not understand how so many folks here can just give them a pass on their ****, let it slide yet again.
    First off, I find it strange that any of this can actually upset anyone. Small tweaks to a dying platform is hardly sufficient to merit a conversation, let alone an emotional response.

The fact is they ARE supporting the platform with updates (as the action on the BlackBerry servers will attest). Yes, they made a huge miscalculation on its release date, but this does not change the fact.

I could actually see a scenario (though low probability) where they WOULD release a new BB10 device. If the Android experiment flops huge, and contracts still need to be fulfilled, they may have to push out a limited run of a device based off the 801 SoC.
    Vistaus likes this.
    08-25-16 07:03 AM
    First off, I find it strange that any of this can actually upset anyone. Small tweaks to a dying platform is hardly sufficient to merit a conversation, let alone an emotional response.

The fact is they ARE supporting the platform with updates (as the action on the BlackBerry servers will attest). Yes, they made a huge miscalculation on its release date, but this does not change the fact.

I could actually see a scenario (though low probability) where they WOULD release a new BB10 device. If the Android experiment flops huge, and contracts still need to be fulfilled, they may have to push out a limited run of a device based off the 801 SoC.
    "If the Android experiment flops huge, and contracts still need to be fulfilled, they may have to push out a limited run of a device based off the 801 SoC"

Are you for real? What do you think if the 'Android experiment' (your words) fails? Back to BB10? BB10 did fail huge... and supporting with updates doesn't mean that there is development.

Thereby I said that I cannot believe there will be a new high end BB10 device. Maybe a BB10 device for the current customer base but I don't think that either. That customer base is also running away.
    08-25-16 09:34 AM

I think the were clear about it all the time but it's the message you want to hear. I understand the BB10 loyalists (fanbase) is optimistic (and I love that) but if Blackberry is (almost) oud of BB10 inventory it's over..
    08-25-16 09:37 AM
    "If the Android experiment flops huge, and contracts still need to be fulfilled, they may have to push out a limited run of a device based off the 801 SoC"

Are you for real? What do you think if the 'Android experiment' (your words) fails? Back to BB10? BB10 did fail huge... and supporting with updates doesn't mean that there is development.

Thereby I said that I cannot believe there will be a new high end BB10 device. Maybe a BB10 device for the current customer base but I don't think that either. That customer base is also running away.
    I'm not saying "back to BB10". I'm saying if they have a contract to fulfill, and Android is no longer in the picture, and existing BB10 devices cannot be produced further because of a lack of parts, they may be forced to build a few thousand new BB10 devices. This is an extreme, but theoretical possibility - which is why they didn't completely rule it out.

I also said nothing about developing BB10. I said supporting with updates.
    Vistaus likes this.
    08-25-16 09:56 AM
    Important stability updates, important security updates and a new anti-phishing feature in the browser. That's what's 10.3.3 is gonna bring (and already brought in the current dev build).

Maybe you don't find those things important but I do. There's hardly anything I miss on my Passport so stability and security of this amazing OS is important to me.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing BlackBerry Passport (OG Red)
    Oh?...... So the ability to edit much less open csv files is something you don't miss? Basic stuff. This should be in their next update if you ask me. Some business phone we got here don't you think? What about the browser? Try going to this website http://marinetraffic.com on your Passport, try do do a vessel search and let me know how's your stress level after trying to navigate it.

What about the harassing update account info that happens everyday? BlackBerry is supposed to fix this. I should not have to rely on some third party app to fix a bug in their os for me. BlackBerry shouldn't be relying on another party to fix this.
    I'm sure that there is more things that could be added to the list.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-16 11:19 AM
    Any news about 10.3.3-hibak-d_bb.png

After the BETA version is only LOGO and will not start. Therefore, I look forward to 10.3.3 -at! Looks like the internet, for many it's wrong!
    08-25-16 11:23 AM
    I loooove BB10! Chen if you kill it, bye bye BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    08-25-16 11:28 AM
    I hear 10.3.3 is a magic number.
    Yes it is, its the magic number.
    08-25-16 12:00 PM
    Oh?...... So the ability to edit much less open csv files is something you don't miss? Basic stuff. This should be in their next update if you ask me. Some business phone we got here don't you think? What about the browser? Try going to this website http://marinetraffic.com on your Passport, try do do a vessel search and let me know how's your stress level after trying to navigate it.

What about the harassing update account info that happens everyday? BlackBerry is supposed to fix this. I should not have to rely on some third party app to fix a bug in their os for me. BlackBerry shouldn't be relying on another party to fix this.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not using CSV files. And the business I do is over the WWW, which the Passport is perfectly capable of for my needs.

Btw, why are you attacking me so much about the missing parts? I clearly said that *I'M* hardly missing anything. So please lower your voice towards me.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing BlackBerry Passport (OG Red)
    08-25-16 12:35 PM
    Aug 26... 10.3.3? **** BB!
    08-26-16 01:12 PM

Posted via CB10
    Just a quick question... what OS are you on right now?

If that "update account info" bug is the one I'm thinking of, that was fixed over a year ago.

I personally have a whole list of features I long wanted added to the OS. Back when 10.3 was first being developed, the BlackBerry Support Forum actually asked for suggestions. No promises were made as to any actual inclusion, but it was fun to give them my list.

Most of my suggestions were simply improvements to the UI since there's still a bit of inconsistency between even the system apps. The custom notification settings is a total mess - an indication that the original BB10 developers never intended to have such customization (rumors abounded that those initial developers wanted nothing to do with how BBOS 7 and earlier worked, so they went out of there way to ignore the features of the old OS). Then, after the initial release and blowback from users over those missing features (like bedside mode), they spent the next two years slowly adding those features back in.

Some of my suggestions included adding support for Outlook contact categories (which, I suppose, won't ever happen now), and the option to quickly filter just local contacts in the contact app menu pop-up (which actually did get added in one of the 10.3.1 builds - I don't know if my suggestion was really taken, but prior to 10.3.1, the only way to filter local contacts was going into "settings" and turning "off" all other contact list types).

Anyway, there are still plenty of things that the OS could use. But, I've resigned myself to the fact that anything substantive is long past.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-16 11:02 PM
    I was stupid! I put a BETA version. The Logone hitched. I look forward to because it can only go higher version BB LINK software. Many of us are so, ought to solve. At least you can sell. Unfortunately, I do not trust that the development will be. It has the Android hardware is outdated and does not need fertilizers
    09-17-16 12:02 AM
    Yes!

#soon, later, later this year, fiscal year, commitment,...blablabla ~J.BlaBla Chen
    09-17-16 01:43 AM
43 12