Why would BlackBerry release a bb10 device now?

That would undermine the new market they are trying to enter and mislead all.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-16 05:50 AM
    no BB10 phones this year
    01-07-16 08:07 AM
    01-07-16 08:07 AM
    01-07-16 08:14 AM
    As opposed to Android and iOS phones, BB10 phones are not "obsolete" after 6 months. Their life cycle is much better and longer. BB10 is also not being super updated every 6months. So, the need for new hardware is questionable at this exact point in time. The current line up is adequate and serves the current market. Of course, from a marketing and support perspective we want BlackBerry to clearly state that we will see future BB10 hardware so we have confidence investing in this platform for the next 3 to 4 years. I believe they will support a dual OS strategy but Android devices need to succeed and be very profitable for that to happen. Time will tell us all...

Posted via CB10
    Vistaus likes this.
    01-07-16 08:16 AM
    Is JC the equivalent for Stephen Elon? The trojan horse in Nokia?

Posted on CB10 on Z30, Z 10 10.3.2.2639
    01-07-16 08:26 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BHKTTvR.jpg 
Views:	628 
Size:	118.1 KB 
ID:	386866
    But that means new BB10 phones...
    nuff_said and DrBoomBotz like this.
    01-07-16 10:12 AM
    As opposed to Android and iOS phones, BB10 phones are not "obsolete" after 6 months. Their life cycle is much better and longer. BB10 is also not being super updated every 6months. So, the need for new hardware is questionable at this exact point in time. The current line up is adequate and serves the current market. Of course, from a marketing and support perspective we want BlackBerry to clearly state that we will see future BB10 hardware so we have confidence investing in this platform for the next 3 to 4 years. I believe they will support a dual OS strategy but Android devices need to succeed and be very profitable for that to happen. Time will tell us all...

Posted via CB10
    That's odd I had a nexus 4 for 2 and half years. And gave it a friend last month when I bought the nexus 6p. And my friend is still using the nexus 4. While my other friends are still using 2 year old Samsung galaxies. They will likely get a new phone when their contract is up later this year. Not really sure where you are getting your information from, unless you made it up.
    StephanieMaks likes this.
    01-07-16 10:37 AM
    The information is based on the fact that almost all manufacturers release new phones every 6 to 8 months making older devices obsolete and getting people running to always buy the new one. I guess you did not get the point. Of course you might even be running on an iPhone Mark I if you don't mind it's limitations or a 5 year smart phone. The BB10 ecosystem is not crazily dynamic so people feel changing their phone's every year or every couple of months like we do with Android / iOS.

Am I missing something here?

Best regards.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by lfcohen; 01-07-16 at 08:06 PM.
    01-07-16 04:50 PM
    But that means new BB10 phones...
    Not this year no.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-16 06:20 PM
    Not this year no.

Posted via CB10
    I know that, it's in reference to the photo.
    01-07-16 06:25 PM
    Not this year no.

Posted via CB10
    Having played trivial pursuit over the holidays with some millennials, I provide this link as a public service.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Read_m...:_no_new_taxes
    01-07-16 06:40 PM
    http://utbblogs.com/with-the-handset...uture-of-bb10/

"But what of our beloved BB10? The worlds best mobile OS that just hasn�t received the respect it deserves? Regardless of what you�ve read, BB10 is not dead. As so many bloggers continue the chant that BB10 is over, and BlackBerry is now simply another Android OEM, Chen and BlackBerry continually repeat that it is not going away. This is merely a case of the self titled analysts not having the foresight to see a future where BlackBerry is a dual OS phone manufacturer."

Posted via CB10
    01-07-16 08:17 PM
    This is merely a case of the self titled analysts not having the foresight to see a future where BlackBerry is a dual OS phone manufacturer."

Posted via CB10
    It's an interesting suggestion that BlackBerry is a dual OS phone manufacturer when they will not have manufactured a single new BB10 phone in two years!
    JeepBB likes this.
    01-07-16 08:22 PM
    It's an interesting suggestion that BlackBerry is a dual OS phone manufacturer when they will not have manufactured a single new BB10 phone in two years!
    When did the last one roll of the line?
    01-07-16 08:40 PM
    When did the last one roll of the line?
    I meant new model. Leap was Spring of 2015. Nothing new for balance of 2015, and now nothing new for 2016. That will be two years without a new model.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    01-07-16 09:23 PM
    I meant new model. Leap was Spring of 2015. Nothing new for balance of 2015, and now nothing new for 2016. That will be two years without a new model.
    Passport SE doesn't count?
    01-07-16 09:28 PM
    Isn't that just a variation of previous existing Passport model?

Posted via CB10
    01-07-16 09:30 PM
    All SQW100-X devices are just variants.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    01-07-16 09:42 PM
    All SQW100-X devices are just variants.
    According to gsmarena it was released April 2015 so opening night for the fat lady could be as soon as April 2017. No disrespect to big boned women.
    01-07-16 10:05 PM
    Until they officially stop producing, supporting, selling and developing BB10 phones and the OS itself they are a dual OS company as far as phones are concerned.

Not the way we want but they are..... They released new products in 2015, at least the Leap and some Passport variants. That requires marketing, case design and etc efforts. Yes, nothing new related to the Passport hardware. But Leap was released one year ago. If we move thru 2016 without a single new BB10 phone and reach 2017, then it is going to be 2 years.....

It is nothing to celebrate but also not the very end...we will see how they go from there.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Vistaus likes this.
    01-07-16 10:13 PM
    2 years is an eon in the smartphone business. How much BB10 support is going to be dropped in 2016? How many apps will stop working? How many BB10 users will move to another platform?

Who would be left to buy a BB10 phone with a 4-year-old Android Runtime and very few functional native apps in 2017? Why would BB pay millions of dollars for QNX drivers for new hardware to sell 50k phones?

There's just no business case to be found, unless you think that BB could sell those phones at $2500 each, in an environment where phones with near-flagship (for 2017) phones will be available for $300?
    Uzi, johnny_bravo72 and JeepBB like this.
    01-07-16 11:06 PM
    2 years is an eon in the smartphone business. How much BB10 support is going to be dropped in 2016? How many apps will stop working? How many BB10 users will move to another platform?

Who would be left to buy a BB10 phone with a 4-year-old Android Runtime and very few functional native apps in 2017? Why would BB pay millions of dollars for QNX drivers for new hardware to sell 50k phones?

There's just no business case to be found, unless you think that BB could sell those phones at $2500 each, in an environment where phones with near-flagship (for 2017) phones will be available for $300?
    Yep, this is all true. We will see what is going to happen. I don't think they will wait a full year.

In today's environment things change at super fast speed. A mobile OS ecosystem need to be supported. Apps need to be supported. Just see the disgraceful situation of our native BB10 Facebook app.

If the BB10 OS is left in limbo, even core functionality might start to have issues, like the browser and other apps and them people will move away if they are not able to get the job done on a BB10 based device

This is what BlackBerry has to avoid at all cost....

Posted via CB10
    01-07-16 11:51 PM

This is what BlackBerry has to avoid at all cost....

Posted via CB10
    Why?
    01-08-16 12:01 AM
    So you mean that when you buy a Passport right now, you're getting a model manufactured in 2014 or so? If they are still manufacturing new Passports, Leaps and Classics today, then they are a dual OS phone manufacturer.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport (OG Red)
    01-08-16 01:04 AM
151 ... 34567