you're able to more quickly manage your local storage, sd storage, and cloud storage with android? you're able to better manage emails, texts, messaging apps with android? you're able to more easily manage email attachments? what about multitasking? what about listening to a youtube video in the background while writing an email? or preloading a documentary from youtube to view on a flight?

there is so much about BB10 that is years ahead of iOS and Android.

Posted via CB10
    File management is FAR superior on Priv. This is very important to me. Using Solid Explorer I have full access to ALL cloud sources, including my home media servers through webdav and ftp. Incredible. I can split screen and move or copy files between them.

Multitasking is at least as good, but sharing between apps is far better.

I don't text, but BBM and emailing is a hair slower, but the HUB has improved dramatically since release. I'm happy to give up a millisecond here for everything else that is much faster.

Listening to youtube in the background is simple - use one of several apps, or any browser other than Chrome.
    01-02-16 07:52 PM
    Simple. Because iOS and Android offer more apps. Doesn't change the fact that the user experience is generally quite junky on iDroid.
    According to you and few other people that even BlackBerry doesn't care about or even acknowledge now.

If BB10 were a Saturday night party, few came because there were only some healthy snacks, juice boxes and water. Those people even left to go next door to Android party and have fun and enjoy themselves. BB10 host can't figure out why after locking door, turning off lights and turning on sprinklers, you're still in the front yard and haven't left yet.

Posted via CB10
    Dirtymike14 likes this.
    01-02-16 07:54 PM
    File management is FAR superior on Priv.
    While you do have several file managers to choose from, nothing beats the uncomplicated nature of the BB10 file manager. The Android ones that I've seen are usually cluttered up with useless junk and graphics that distract from simple, quick use.

And of course on iOS, there isn't one...
    deadcowboy and BB_PP like this.
    01-02-16 08:03 PM
    If BB10 were a Saturday night party, few came because there were only some healthy snacks, juice boxes and water. Those people even left to go next door to Android party and have fun and enjoy themselves. BB10 host can't figure out why after locking door, turning off lights and turning on sprinklers, you're still in the front yard and haven't left yet.
    Nah, BB10 is the wine and cheese party. Simple, elegant and with a focus on quality. Android is more like the aftermath of a college frat party with garbage strewn all over the place. Eventually, the frat boys grow up and learn to appreciate the wine and cheese.
    deadcowboy likes this.
    01-02-16 08:07 PM
    The Android ones that I've seen are usually cluttered up with useless junk and graphics that distract from simple, quick use.
    I used to think that too. But I have found Solid Explorer to be uncluttered, clean, and extremely powerful.

I've also set it up to open from anywhere with a quick swipe up and to the left.
    Last edited by conite; 01-02-16 at 10:28 PM.
    01-02-16 10:11 PM
    Let's make BlackBerry Wallet..wallet size phone nobody want to buy..haha

Passport SE
    01-03-16 12:43 AM
    Nah, BB10 is the wine and cheese party. Simple, elegant and with a focus on quality. Android is more like the aftermath of a college frat party with garbage strewn all over the place. Eventually, the frat boys grow up and learn to appreciate the wine and cheese.
    Yeah, if that's case, why is BB10 at .03% marketshare? It's so exclusive it doesn't exist to anyone that can afford to buy it anymore.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-16 01:15 AM
    Whatever platform we'd like?

That's either Apple or Android, both junk. You'd think with so much innovation and competition in the mobile and electronic industries we'd have a little more than two garbage platforms to choose from.
    If you think that iOS and Android are the only two mobile OS's aside from BB10, then you clearly don't know anything about mobile phones. There's much more out there: Windows Mobile 10, SailfishOS, Tizen, FirefoxOS, Ubuntu Touch, FireOS (Amazon)... just to name a few.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport (OG Red)
    01-03-16 01:16 AM
    Windows Mobile 10, SailfishOS, Tizen, FirefoxOS, Ubuntu Touch, FireOS (Amazon)... just to name a few.
    Might as well just use Android if those are the options...

Yeah, if that's case, why is BB10 at .03% marketshare? It's so exclusive it doesn't exist to anyone that can afford to buy it anymore.
    Sheep are easily herded.
    01-03-16 01:31 AM
    If you think that iOS and Android are the only two mobile OS's aside from BB10, then you clearly don't know anything about mobile phones. There's much more out there: Windows Mobile 10, SailfishOS, Tizen, FirefoxOS, Ubuntu Touch, FireOS (Amazon)... just to name a few.
    You haven't been paying attention. FireOS (for phones), Firefox OS, and Sailfish have all been discontinued, Ubuntu has been back-burnered, and Tizen (for phones) has only been released on a couple of entry-level phones in India (though it's actually sold better than BB10). WinPhone is really the only remaining viable alternative to iOS and Android, but MS still has a lot of work to do.

As most people figured out long ago, the smartphone OS world has distilled itself down to 2 primary OSs (a majority OS [Android] and a premium-priced minority OS [iOS]) and a few also-rans with tiny userbases - just as what happened with desktop OSs with Windows and OSX.
    01-03-16 01:43 AM
    I used to think that too. But I have found Solid Explorer to be uncluttered, clean, and extremely powerful.

I've also set it up to open from anywhere with a quick swipe up and to the left.
    I suppose it all comes down to what level of mediocrity are you willing to put up with to get some apps that have been, and always will be better suited to a tablet or PC.

I like to have Office 365 close to me while I'm on the go too. That's why I have a $300 Dell tablet and not a $900 Android phone. Heck, my tablet AND Z30 combined cost a little over half of what just the Priv costs, all brand new. I have an active digitizer/pen along with a Bluetooth keyboard for the tablet running a proper OS (Windows, not a crippled mobile OS), and I have a phone that prioritizes efficient navigation and communication over trendy design.

My setup will run circles around your Priv from a productivity standpoint. How's the texting from within the hub again?

Oooh, but it's "material design".
    01-03-16 02:12 AM

But why SE need 5-6 second with 64GB card installed???

Posted via Priv...
    01-03-16 03:08 AM
    But why SE need 5-6 second with 64GB card installed???

Posted via Priv...
    From swipe up to opened SD card takes less than half a second.
    01-03-16 07:59 AM
    I suppose it all comes down to what level of mediocrity are you willing to put up with to get some apps that have been, and always will be better suited to a tablet or PC.
    Airwatch, Good, Citrix, some of the better VPN solutions?

Even the new McLeans app needs Android 4.4 now. The list goes on.

If a mobile device / laptop tandem works for you, great.

I'm not trying to tear down the solution that works for you, I'm just objecting to you calling my solution "garbage". I know BB10 inside and out, as I've owned every single device, and still use many of them. I'm now using the Priv as my primary device, and do not regret it. Overall, the experience is better for me, as I can get more work done. I feel fairly confident in my ability to discern that.
    Last edited by conite; 01-03-16 at 08:58 AM.
    Alain_A likes this.
    01-03-16 08:04 AM

I'm a big fan of BB10 too, but I can get a lot more done, a lot faster, on my Priv than I could ever do on my Passport.
    What are you finding works much better on the Priv? I've been debating grabbing a passport as an upgrade. My experiences with Android have left me underwhelmed...everything seemed so inconsistent. Do you find the Priv improves substantially the stock Android experience?

Posted via CB10
    01-03-16 09:00 AM
    On
    What are you finding works much better on the Priv? I've been debating grabbing a passport as an upgrade. My experiences with Android have left me underwhelmed...everything seemed so inconsistent. Do you find the Priv improves substantially the stock Android experience?

Posted via CB10
    Some is app based, some is Android based, some is BlackBerry Android based. Sort of a mix.

I like the minimalistic BlackBerry launcher. Swipe from bottom is fantastic and hub is getting better.

It's the file management and sharing features that make it for me. OS integration is wild - like clicking a browser link that opens the CB forums app directly.

Google Now is unbelievable too.

I also missed one handed use while I used the Passport.
    Last edited by conite; 01-03-16 at 01:51 PM.
    01-03-16 10:35 AM
    I was a die hard Palm user. Love the OS (I still believe it was the best out there) and stuck with it until they shut the servers down 9 months ago. Even after HP did to it what Chen is doing to BB. Although ******** at HP did it in one fell swipe of a pen. The closest thing I could find to it was BB10. Tried IOS and Android and didn't like either. Although I wish I had a few Android apps that don't work here, I think I will hang on to BB10 as long as I can.
    kraidx likes this.
    01-03-16 07:35 PM
    Ok guys so even if BlackBerry will release a new BlackBerry 10 or let's say 11 OS version with of course newer devices. Whose gonna know about that?? Me and you users in crackberry and some other users on some sites?? Aple and Samsung make commercials every time they have something new!!! How let's say average John will know bout that! ????
    Second question how is he gonna get it not mentioning see it and touch it in Europe!??

Posted via CB10
    01-06-16 05:16 PM
    Chen at CES today:

"The Ontario, Canada-based company plans to release one new product, and potentially a second phone, this year. Both will run on Google's mobile software, CEO John Chen confirmed in an interview with CNET at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas."
    01-06-16 05:20 PM
    The complete news from CNET: http://www.cnet.com/news/blackberry-...hones-for-now/

And he also said this "Chen also hopes the Priv will help improve the company's viability, repair the brand and eventually make it possible to produce another phone running BlackBerry 10 -- although he said it's too early to talk about those plans."

We will see. But I agree that BlackBerry need to keep moving existing BB10 devices and release new mass selling Android ones....

Oh life

Posted via CB10
    JulesDB likes this.
    01-06-16 06:35 PM
    01-06-16 07:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    Could it be more people prefer the, "aftermath of a college frat party with garbage strewn all over the place"???
    01-06-16 07:58 PM
    So the answer is, as expected, no.
    01-07-16 12:24 AM
    At least not this year, but possibly in the future. But can't imagine there will be many BB10 users left if its another year or two, sounds like no more BB10 hardware to me.
    01-07-16 01:48 AM
    This is Crackberry. That statement therefore means "yes."

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    01-07-16 05:33 AM
151 ... 23456 ...