Do you guys realize that "not a word" means that : [empty statement].
    Doesn't mean "yes", "no", "maybe", "make a wish" ...

But let's roll, it's funny, after all.
    Right, and that was the question - "Is there any word?". The answer is no. Quite simple.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-25-15 04:50 PM
    So guys if its like that so then lets go grab our privs after bb updates , other ways we have no right to exist !!! I dont know what to buy since android is laggy and hungs all the time, and aple products come on but are way expensive for normal smartphones nothing special just name , seriously I have to pay for the aple sign in the back side of mobile??

I dont know i am confused I have no idea what to buy when my families BB 10 will be too old..
    That's why all iPhone Covers have a hole in the back so everyone can see the Apple and know that you are very special because you belong to a very small elite group of people.
    12-25-15 06:11 PM
    Simple; back to basic FlipPhone
    He might not want to go back to flip phones now.
    http://m.gsmarena.com/lg_wine_smart-7451.php

*A3-A20
    12-25-15 07:12 PM
    BB10 was never tested on the Priv. Its only association with the Priv was during the original announcement when they used a BB10 homescreen transparency on the Priv mock-ups. BB didn't want to pay for QNX drivers for any of the Priv's components, as they weren't planning to release it as a BB10 device, and with no drivers, you can't even boot BB10 on the Priv's hardware.
    Actually, it wouldn't be that hard. BlackBerry only needs to implement libhybris into BB10 to get it running on the Priv.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport (OG Red)
    12-26-15 12:52 AM
    From the direction JC is taking BlackBerry it's clear his intention was never to grow the BlackBerry 10 OS. He got rid of BlackBerry 10, and all who worked on the OS, in an attempt to balance their books long-term while working to secure Android with whatever talent is left. Pretty sure this is the reason why some high-level people left as they didn't agree with his vision.
    Enjoy your BlackBerry 10 device while it lasts and then move onto whatever platform you like. BlackBerry 10 phones are now a thing of the past with no major movement to the OS. I'm sure cross platform BBM video is also dead. With Whatsapp prepping to launch video in 2016 there is nothing left to entice people to choose BlackBerry.
    You're confusing the consequence as the cause. BB10 sales were in the toilet, the OS had already failed with no hope of regaining traction. His "vision" wasn't to duct tape the Titanic, it was to save the people still alive in the water.

They could have hired 10,000 more people to work on BB10 and it would have made no difference. No apps, no sales.

It's already been stated, and even verified by BlackBerry itself that Android wasn't Chen's plan, it came from someone else who had to sell the idea to the board.

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    12-26-15 06:12 AM
    I'll be looking at new Windows 10 devices. But my BB10 will still be working for a long while, regardless of BB's shortcomings, so no need to upgrade right away...unless I win a CB contest, in which case please disregard the last comment

Posted via CB10
    jope28 likes this.
    12-27-15 12:31 PM
    Meg Whitman and Carly Fiorina, if they really want to ruin things quickly.

Posted via CB10
    Or Mr. Apotheker for that matter, who in a couple of months killed webOS just after the acquisition.

Posted via CB10
    RezzaBuh likes this.
    12-27-15 01:21 PM
    Or Mr. Apotheker for that matter, who in a couple of months killed webOS just after the acquisition.

Posted via CB10
    I loved my palm phone with Web os. The only good thing about Web is dying is that I got my first blackberry . Now that blackberry is dead to me I will have to find another phone likely a Samsung when my z 10 is no longer useful. I am not interested in an android blackberry

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-27-15 02:32 PM
    I loved my palm phone with Web os. The only good thing about Web is dying is that I got my first blackberry . Now that blackberry is dead to me I will have to find another phone likely a Samsung when my z 10 is no longer useful. I am not interested in an android blackberry

So if buying Android, why not BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    12-27-15 02:38 PM
    So if buying Android, why not BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    The ridiculous price for one and out of spite cuz I'm pissed off at blackberry lol. The priv is double the price of an s6 on contract f that

jope28 likes this.
    12-27-15 05:03 PM
    There is a thread somewhere that has a "definite list" of BlackBerry devices. Check it out.

BBM @ 2C018E13
    12-27-15 07:33 PM
    There is a thread somewhere that has a "definite list" of BlackBerry devices. Check it out.

BBM @ 2C018E13
    Can u post a link to thread ?

12-27-15 08:16 PM
    The ridiculous price for one and out of spite cuz I'm pissed off at blackberry lol. The priv is double the price of an s6 on contract f that

If the carriers aren't price subsidizing that means they aren't convinced of BlackBerry's "sellability" yet and don't want to take on the financial risk. Obviously Galaxies and iphones are guaranteed sales. Hopefully the Priv and Vienna will do well enough to change that next year.

But I can understand that doesn't help you this instant, and upfront pricing is why I'm waiting for the official Vienna pricing before I make my decision on which one to save up for. I'm buying unlocked because I switch carriers pretty often in order to see who best suits my needs.

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    12-28-15 06:56 AM
    Actually, it wouldn't be that hard. BlackBerry only needs to implement libhybris into BB10 to get it running on the Priv.
    Or cuteboot from the same guy as libhybris - it should allow to boot any Qt based system on top of Android. And as I already wrote a few first line of OS TR 10 (see BB OS 10 - ostruzina means blackberry in Czech ;-), it gives me some hopes to have BB 10 like experience on almost any Android phone (unfortunately not on Priv as root is required to alter boot image).
    app_Developer and Vistaus like this.
    12-28-15 07:20 AM
    Or cuteboot from the same guy as libhybris - it should allow to boot any Qt based system on top of Android. And as I already wrote a few first line of OS TR 10 (see BB OS 10 - ostruzina means blackberry in Czech ;-), it gives me some hopes to have BB 10 like experience on almost any Android phone (unfortunately not on Priv as root is required to alter boot image).
    That's an interesting idea, actually. So you hope to end up with Qt and Cascades on top of Android and Linux?
    12-28-15 09:09 AM
    From the direction JC is taking BlackBerry it's clear his intention was never to grow the BlackBerry 10 OS. He got rid of BlackBerry 10, and all who worked on the OS, in an attempt to balance their books long-term while working to secure Android with whatever talent is left. Pretty sure this is the reason why some high-level people left as they didn't agree with his vision.
    Enjoy your BlackBerry 10 device while it lasts and then move onto whatever platform you like. BlackBerry 10 phones are now a thing of the past with no major movement to the OS. I'm sure cross platform BBM video is also dead. With Whatsapp prepping to launch video in 2016 there is nothing left to entice people to choose BlackBerry.
    Yeah, Apple scooped up much of the BB10 talent, didn't they? And Apple is promoting encryption without backdoors (unlike BlackBerry who is imply cooperation with authorities).

Apple seems like the new BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-15 11:15 AM
    Yeah, Apple scooped up much of the BB10 talent, didn't they? And Apple is promoting encryption without backdoors (unlike BlackBerry who is imply cooperation with authorities).

Apple seems like the new BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    So they say.
    any chance of proof of that anywhere?
    12-28-15 12:31 PM
    No new device period

Posted via CB10
    12-28-15 12:32 PM
    Pure Qt 5 with Qt Quick Components. It would be too difficult to reimplement whole Cascades (but compatibility with 3rd party BB10 apps would be nice).

Posted via CB10
    12-28-15 02:41 PM
    Because there is no one left at BlackBerry designing BB10 devices, nor any developers left doing anything with the BB10 OS beyond small maintenance patches.
    conite, maybe you could help me to reach these developers?
    12-28-15 04:36 PM
    Sounds like a knowlegable group on here.

Any chance of them releasing an Android Passport?

Posted via CB10
    12-28-15 04:52 PM
    Sounds like a knowlegable group on here.

Any chance of them releasing an Android Passport?

Posted via CB10
    Looks for Blackberry Vienna
    12-28-15 04:55 PM
    To the OP, considering that webOS and the Palm Pre are still mentioned on a near daily basis in these threads I think it's safe to say that BB10 will never die.

Why would they lay off most of the BlackBerry 10 staff or engineers? Didn't they think of the consequences before laying off??

Posted via CB10
    This is common in the tech industry; when the project is over devs are let go. If at some point in the future they are wanting to release 10.4 they will hire for those same positions again. In the meantime it makes no sense to keep them on the payroll if there is nothing for them to work on--and this would be true even if BB10 had been selling well.

One thing people forget is that some voluntarily quit. This idea that Chen came in and cleared house is kind of goofy, in particular since he filled some of those positions with his old crew from Sybase. Chen has said a few times that the hardest part of a turn around strategy is in the changing of the company's culture. Along with that, he also said in early 2015 that for many at BlackBerry the idea of where Chen was wanting to take BlackBerry (to software) was too strange, or different, to accept. Those who could not hang left and Chen brought in his "own" people.

That's why all iPhone Covers have a hole in the back so everyone can see the Apple and know that you are very special because you belong to a very small elite group of people.
    Not all of them but I know what you mean. The trend for the 6S and 6S+ models seems to be going with a solid back, some with the Apple logo and some without.
    12-28-15 05:07 PM
    So they say.
    any chance of proof of that anywhere?
    They use hardware encryption where Apple does not have access to the key at all. This is how Apple Pay works, and this was a requirement for large international banks to approve Apple Pay.

The reason is that the data of knowing who bought what and when is extremely valuable and no bank would ever give that up to Apple. In fact this data would be priceless if someone like Apple could combine Citi customers with JPMC, with BofA, with Ing plus all the others. So Apple had to convince us all that they could not decrypt the purchase traffic under any circumstances.

This same mechanism is now used for iMessage and the secure store that apps can use for their own data.

The mechanism they built with all this input in the 2 years leading up to the iPhone 6 is all for naught if governments start requiring that vendors reserve the technical ability to decrypt traffic under court order. Apple does not have this ability to decrypt data encrypted in this way, so that's why Cook is being so vocal about this and lobbying governments.
    12-28-15 06:17 PM
    This is common in the tech industry; when the project is over devs are let go. If at some point in the future they are wanting to release 10.4 they will hire for those same positions again.
    That is not at all common in our industry for large, important projects or flagship products. The ramp up costs would be prohibitive, and you'd introduce massive risk.

They let these people go because they have no concrete plans for BB10 beyond selling whatever BB10 devices they can over the next few quarters to help balance the books.
    RezzaBuh likes this.
    12-28-15 06:31 PM
151 1234 ...