Is there any word on any new BB10 devices being released soon? CES is in early January, but I'm not sure if BlackBerry is unveiling any new devices. I want to purchase a Classic or Passport, but if there are going to be new devices soon, I would rather wait. Does AT&T not carrying the Classic or Passport in-store mean anything?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-24-15 03:37 AM
    No. All around.
    12-24-15 03:44 AM
    Nada.

*C5303
    12-24-15 04:09 AM
    How can you be sure?

12-24-15 01:37 PM
    How can you be sure?

You asked if there is any word. There is not.

Posted via CB10
    velkod likes this.
    12-24-15 01:46 PM
    How can you be sure?

Because there is no one left at BlackBerry designing BB10 devices, nor any developers left doing anything with the BB10 OS beyond small maintenance patches.
    12-24-15 01:47 PM
    One would think since the BlackBerry10 OS was tested on the PRIV, they would at the very least give us the option for that

~yes, still butthurt
    12-24-15 11:51 PM
    A tablet maybe, 7-8inches..

Passport SE
    12-25-15 12:23 AM
    Why would they lay off most of the BlackBerry 10 staff or engineers? Didn't they think of the consequences before laying off??

Posted via CB10
    12-25-15 12:30 AM
    Why would they lay off most of the BlackBerry 10 staff or engineers? Didn't they think of the consequences before laying off??

Posted via CB10
    One word: $$$

Mr Chen does *everything* for money.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport (OG Red)
    RezzaBuh likes this.
    12-25-15 01:15 AM
    One would think since the BlackBerry10 OS was tested on the PRIV, they would at the very least give us the option for that
    BB10 was never tested on the Priv. Its only association with the Priv was during the original announcement when they used a BB10 homescreen transparency on the Priv mock-ups. BB didn't want to pay for QNX drivers for any of the Priv's components, as they weren't planning to release it as a BB10 device, and with no drivers, you can't even boot BB10 on the Priv's hardware.
    Superfly_FR and tvst28 like this.
    12-25-15 02:08 AM
    Threads like these need a question mark in the title. Makes all the difference.

Posted via CB10
    zephyr613, AquaL3o and martinjdub like this.
    12-25-15 06:25 AM
    Why would they lay off most of the BlackBerry 10 staff or engineers?
    They were no longer needed, therefore BlackBerry got rid of them.

Didn't they think of the consequences before laying off??
    Do you really think that BlackBerry gutted the BB10 team, without carefully considering the consequences?
    12-25-15 09:04 AM
    JC thinking only of his golden parachute...

Posted via CB10
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    12-25-15 10:45 AM
    From the direction JC is taking BlackBerry it's clear his intention was never to grow the BlackBerry 10 OS. He got rid of BlackBerry 10, and all who worked on the OS, in an attempt to balance their books long-term while working to secure Android with whatever talent is left. Pretty sure this is the reason why some high-level people left as they didn't agree with his vision.
    Enjoy your BlackBerry 10 device while it lasts and then move onto whatever platform you like. BlackBerry 10 phones are now a thing of the past with no major movement to the OS. I'm sure cross platform BBM video is also dead. With Whatsapp prepping to launch video in 2016 there is nothing left to entice people to choose BlackBerry.
    crackberry_geek and RezzaBuh like this.
    12-25-15 10:45 AM
    They were no longer needed, therefore BlackBerry got rid of them.

Do you really think that BlackBerry gutted the BB10 team, without carefully considering the consequences?
    I am thoroughly convinced BlackBerry does no thinking; there is nobody left to think, & this leadership never did...

Posted via CB10
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    12-25-15 10:46 AM
    From the direction JC is taking BlackBerry it's clear his intention was never to grow the BlackBerry 10 OS. He got rid of BlackBerry 10, and all who worked on the OS, in an attempt to balance their books long-term while working to secure Android with whatever talent is left. Pretty sure this is the reason why some high-level people left as they didn't agree with his vision.
    Enjoy your BlackBerry 10 device while it lasts and then move onto whatever platform you like. BlackBerry 10 phones are now a thing of the past with no major movement to the OS. I'm sure cross platform BBM video is also dead. With Whatsapp prepping to launch video in 2016 there is nothing left to entice people to choose BlackBerry.
    They could hire Meg Whitman to finish it off...

Posted via CB10
    SK122387, jope28 and anon(9188202) like this.
    12-25-15 11:09 AM
    They could hire Meg Whitman to finish it off...

Posted via CB10
    Meg Whitman and Carly Fiorina, if they really want to ruin things quickly.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-15 11:16 AM
    No. All around.
    So guys if its like that so then lets go grab our privs after bb updates , other ways we have no right to exist !!! I dont know what to buy since android is laggy and hungs all the time, and aple products come on but are way expensive for normal smartphones nothing special just name , seriously I have to pay for the aple sign in the back side of mobile??

I dont know i am confused I have no idea what to buy when my families BB 10 will be too old..
    12-25-15 12:06 PM
    So guys if its like that so then lets go grab our privs after bb updates , other ways we have no right to exist !!! I dont know what to buy since android is laggy and hungs all the time, and aple products come on but are way expensive for normal smartphones nothing special just name , seriously I have to pay for the aple sign in the back side of mobile??

I dont know i am confused I have no idea what to buy when my families BB 10 will be too old..
    Simple; back to basic FlipPhone
    johnny_bravo72 likes this.
    12-25-15 01:34 PM
    I am thoroughly convinced BlackBerry does no thinking; there is nobody left to think, & this leadership never did...

Posted via CB10
    Really, seriously? Nobody cares about BB10 enough to buy enough phones to make BB10 a worthwhile business venture. Other hardware manufacturers, consumers and even the "enterprise " users want BlackBerry to secure IOS /Android cross platform and on their enterprise level systems. All the end users are moving forward with or without BlackBerry. Just like WebOS, BB10 is a great platform that nobody wants to pay for enough to be profitable. Look how the Street responded to latest earnings report. Shareholders are becoming happier with this new business model and to Management, Employees and Shareholders, that's all that matters.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-15 03:57 PM
    I think they are thinking that they are paid to do a job, and they do should do that job well.

Their job is to turn BlackBerry around and make it a successful company again. Or at the very least make it attractive to an acquirer for a good price.

Nowhere in their job description or KPI's will you find "save BB10". That's not their job.
    12-25-15 04:07 PM
    Really, seriously? Nobody cares about BB10 enough to buy enough phones to make BB10 a worthwhile business venture.

Posted via CB10
    Everybody that knew about them bought them.

And all of the folks who didn't know... of course couldn't buy them... because of Chen's willful negligence in not telling them.

Posted via CB10
    Vistaus likes this.
    12-25-15 04:13 PM
    Everybody that knew about them bought them.

And all of the folks who didn't know... of course couldn't buy them... because of Chen's willful negligence in not telling them.

Posted via CB10
    They were returned in such quantities that BlackBerry didn't want to waste the money advertising. Better to sell in smaller quantities with few returns than being stuck with all the returns. As bad as the BB10 write off was, it would have been even worse and not even JC would have been able to save the company.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-15 04:29 PM
    Do you guys realize that "not a word" means that : [empty statement].
    Doesn't mean "yes", "no", "maybe", "make a wish" ...

But let's roll, it's funny, after all.
    canuckvoip and BB-JAM215 like this.
    12-25-15 04:36 PM
151 123 ...