Unfortunately, I dropped my Q10 and shattered the screen. The device works, but the screen is black. I was able to pull a backup of the device thinking, "When I get my replacement Q10 from the Insurance, I will restore the new phone with the legacy Q10 backup."

Once I get the replacement Q10, the backups are all greyed out and thus I cannot select any of them to restore my replacement device. Luckily, I still had the legacy device and was able to utilize the slowly but surely functional switch device feature, however this brings into question, what if I lost my device? What if it were stolen and I did not have the device to switch the data?

I mean, is it even worth me taking backups of the device at this point?

Some specifics: I am using a mac. I did log into my BBID on my replacement device. And the OS that I imaged on the legacy device was also imaged on the replacement... using the same file. OS 10.2.0.1791.
    11-20-13 12:57 AM
    PS: These "Holiday Gift Guide 2013" Ads are killing me.
    11-20-13 12:58 AM
    ...this brings into question, what if I lost my device? What if it were stolen and I did not have the device to switch the data?

I mean, is it even worth me taking backups of the device at this point?
    Use Fire Chest Backup from BB World. Not as comprehensive as Link but covers most things users want to keep and certainly more convenient than link. See FireChestDotCom.
    acschnitzersport likes this.
    11-21-13 05:32 PM