With the US launch I really wish Skype was released today just to add one more big name app. It may appeal to more people, catch more people's Eye. But oh well I hope the launch is going good

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 08:32 AM
    ?Maybe it will turn up later today??, i was kind of hoping that it would have turned up yesterday as we had Kindle and BB travel finally turn up in the app world. Altho the kindle app is an Android port but still would have been good if Skype was also released.

Like i said, it may turn up later today fingers crossed. Its not an app that i use religiously but i can understand the need for it by some people.
    03-22-13 08:47 AM
    ?Maybe it will turn up later today??, i was kind of hoping that it would have turned up yesterday as we had Kindle and BB travel finally turn up in the app world. Altho the kindle app is an Android port but still would have been good if Skype was also released.

Like i said, it may turn up later today fingers crossed. Its not an app that i use religiously but i can understand the need for it by some people.
    Guys it was announced last nite that it will be here in the next few weeks don't keep your hopes up that will showing up today
    03-22-13 09:01 AM
    Guys it was announced last nite that it will be here in the next few weeks don't keep your hopes up that will showing up today
    Next few weeks? Huh... The wait is not easy.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 09:45 AM
    Yeah, seems kinda weird for them to say "coming weeks" when it would be available today.

Guess it somehow got delayed.

Still got my fingers crossed that it'll be available on the Z10 today though.
    03-22-13 10:14 AM
    Maybe it will coincide with the change over from Messenger to Skype. Microsoft sent me this the other day.

"Upgrade from Messenger to Skype by April 8th

Keep chatting with your Messenger contacts and enjoy 1 month of free calling to phones and more

Hello,

As you may have heard, starting April 8th, 2013 we are bringing the great features of Messenger and Skype together, including your IM and contact list. (April 8th is the first day that you may be required to upgrade to Skype).

We know saying goodbye can be hard, but don't worry. Not only will all your Messenger contacts appear in Skype when you upgrade and sign-in, but you can also redeem a free welcome gift. Follow the instructions below to enjoy calls to landlines and mobiles around the world, group video calling, group screen sharing (and more) absolutely free for a month. We want to thank you for being a Messenger customer and even more, are excited to welcome you to Skype!

Yours sincerely,
    The Messenger and Skype Teams"
    03-22-13 10:18 AM
    I have a feeling Skype is dependant on Android 4.1, which we will hopefully see in the BB 10.1 update. I'd guess that all three (4.1, 10.1, and Skype) will be here by end of April.
    03-22-13 10:22 AM