ability to remove Z10's icon dock for 4x5 apps?
    i love Z10 and i wondering how if "icon dock" from home screen could be removed? i mean the bottom icons (call-search- camera).

then why?
    first, If we can remove it, we can have 4x5 apps each screen.
    let's see the picture below:
    Any ability to remove Z10's icon dock for 4x5 apps?-img_20130802.jpg

second, it's just my half year experience using Z10 that usually i accidentally click among those three icons, either call, search or camera. I know that "why don't you lock your screen?" "turn off gesture when locked", i did it but i'm human sometimes forgot to lock their phone. Maybe it would be great if it removed and add 4 more apps (refers to first reason).

If, we can't remove it, maybe it can be customized by other app? if i'm not mistaken i saw a rumor that we can replace those icon with other app (example: twitter).

What do you think guys? should Blackberry give the user ability to choose this feature?
    Last edited by Lucky Nazib A; 08-24-13 at 08:53 AM.
    08-24-13 08:22 AM
    Positive that it was nothing but a rumor.

I too hit those by accident from time to time, but I rather have those handly than searching for silly launchers lost in rows of icons.

Those a kinda key functions and it makes sense to have them always available.

Anyway, to answer your question: No, can't be done. But you may wabnna look at the Z30/A10 when it is out. That beast will have 4x5 just the way you want!
    Last edited by diegonei; 08-24-13 at 08:43 PM.
    08-24-13 09:00 AM
    I too hit those by accident from time to time, but I rathre have those handly than searching for silly launchers lost in rows of icons.
    i was thinking someone will comment like you,
    if 4x5 on Z10 is implemented, my idea is, 3 of them still have the icon app, right? you can just put 3 of them on the first page then you still have 1 more slot for other app. It's just my idea, lol.

and sorry the title for this thread is a bit misleading. I'm not seeking for the answer yes/no. I just want to have open discussion and maybe blackberry will consider it, lol.
    08-24-13 09:24 AM
    So you now accidentally open an app?

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    08-24-13 09:38 AM
    Ah so yo mean PlayBook Stile customisable bar

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 09:53 AM
    I'd rather have the bar to be customizable. I mean, I don't usually use Search, it's only useful for when your phone is a clusterf**k of an organization, but for most things manually looking for the app in question (assuming you haven't forgotten where it is) is faster and more reliable.

I'd like to be able to put one of those time-based freemium games such as The Sims FreePlay or Oregon Trail or Ice Age Village there

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    08-24-13 12:03 PM
    I'd rather have the bar to be customizable. I mean, I don't usually use Search, it's only useful for when your phone is a clusterf**k of an organization, but for most things manually looking for the app in question (assuming you haven't forgotten where it is) is faster and more reliable.

I'd like to be able to put one of those time-based freemium games such as The Sims FreePlay or Oregon Trail or Ice Age Village there

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    I gotta disagree... I keep my device organized (I must, really) and it has been so since the 8310.

Once I got the 9780, Universal Search became a norm for me. It just saves you time when you need to locate something withing an app that has lots of stuff in it (contacts, calendar, notes). Other uses also (actions like facebook status, tweets, BBMs - you don't really need to open apps to find things or post stuff), but you get the idea.

But now that the OP clarified, yeah, I don't think having the option would be bad.
    08-24-13 08:47 PM
    I gotta disagree... I keep my device organized (I must, really) and it has been so since the 8310.

Once I got the 9780, Universal Search became a norm for me. It just saves you time when you need to locate something withing an app that has lots of stuff in it (contacts, calendar, notes). Other uses also (actions like facebook status, tweets, BBMs - you don't really need to open apps to find things or post stuff), but you get the idea.

But now that the OP clarified, yeah, I don't think having the option would be bad.
    Agree with you 100%. The glass above my search will probably end up worn down to sand at some point in time. I use it for everything. I'm a mad Googler, look up tons of stuff throughout the day. Update my fb right from there. Twitter if I ever think of tweeting. And if I need something in my phone, I just go straight to search. Legacy universal search spoiled me.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 09:02 PM

Search doesn't extend to side loaded apps, so there's that.

And it further reinforces the notion that those should be replaceable. I don't usually make or receive calls, the phone shortcut is of no use to me most of the time. I'd rather replace it with, say, BBM.

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    08-24-13 10:08 PM
    Search doesn't extend to side loaded apps, so there's that.

And it further reinforces the notion that those should be replaceable. I don't usually make or receive calls, the phone shortcut is of no use to me most of the time. I'd rather replace it with, say, BBM.

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    I'm all for being able to customize. But an lol here. I wonder how many of us now have the 'telephone' part of our phone as our least used app? I know I certainly do.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 10:20 PM
    I'm all for being able to customize. But an lol here. I wonder how many of us now have the 'telephone' part of our phone as our least used app? I know I certainly do.

Posted via CB10
    Well, you can certainly say someone else other than you don't use their "phone" app that often. I know how useful it is for business, nothing beats the speed and reliability of a good phone call, but seriously: if 10.3 ever comes out, one of the changelog better says "ability to customize the bottom bar"

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    08-24-13 10:27 PM
    Well, you can certainly say someone else other than you don't use their "phone" app that often. I know how useful it is for business, nothing beats the speed and reliability of a good phone call, but seriously: if 10.3 ever comes out, one of the changelog better says "ability to customize the bottom bar"

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    But then the people transitioning from those home button phones would never be able to figure out how to use it! Lol!

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 10:49 PM
    No, I'm saying that put those 3 by default, but allow us to change them, prolly by dragging

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    08-25-13 01:28 AM
    I was just being funny....i thought.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 02:07 AM
    No.they shouldn't be customizable. This is BB10 we don't want to be like the other OS. If you want quick access apps leave your most used apps in active frame.Do when you unlock your devicr you can go to them. Also the dot scrolls are awesome for navigation.
    08-25-13 11:21 AM
    No.they shouldn't be customizable. This is BB10 we don't want to be like the other OS. If you want quick access apps leave your most used apps in active frame.Do when you unlock your devicr you can go to them. Also the dot scrolls are awesome for navigation.
    People, check your IQ point, has it gone lower?

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    08-25-13 11:38 AM