08-31-14 04:03 PM
37 12
tools
    Posted via CB10 sorry pictures won't post, I only get 5 options and Bbm is not one. I just got the option to text, call, view contact and add to speed dial and a few other.
    Last edited by Btop; 08-30-14 at 01:30 AM.
    08-30-14 01:19 AM
    If the ability to hook into a contact's contextual menu is missing from the platform APIs then it's a HUGE omission IMO. I'll try to skim through the API docs to ascertain this. Does any other 3rd party app do this? (apart from BBM)

Even otherwise, it's the job of the developer relations team to work with extremely popular apps to get the best possible experience on the platform. And BlackBerry knows this, otherwise it wouldn't have bothered pre-installing working versions of Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.

Posted via CB10
    BBM is not 3rd party, BBM is first party

Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn apps are all built by BlackBerry, that's how they can be integrated into Contacts (and subsequently Phone)

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3247
    08-30-14 01:32 AM
    OP, all you're doing is crying on deaf ears; so just stop.

You want to bring it to BlackBerry's attention? Go through official channels and it they think it has any merit you might see it in an update one day.

Here you go, knock yourself out.

https://www.icanmakeitbetter.com/

Posted via CB10
    der_mit likes this.
    08-30-14 04:19 AM
    Precisely. However *i* don't want attention, but these issues do. I looked at the top rated issues at blackberry.icanmakeitbetter.com and am surprised that these niggles don't show up there.

What about the contact name not showing up when someone calls? Another 'minor issue' not worth bothering?

Posted via CB10
    You say these "niggles" don't even register on one of the well known "issues" sites, yet you create an outlandish thread title here, and elsewhere as noted, to claim failure by BlackBerry?

OP, we can ALL lament issues in the OS. I agree with you on the phone app, probably agree with you on several other OS shortcomings. BlackBerry has done a great job so far, though, of responding to many of them, and has consistently added features and fixed problems. As an individual, it's easy to say they didn't address "my" issues but overall, they've done a bang up job!

What I'm seeing in your case is they aren't placing YOUR OS ideas at the top of their list so you create threads with grandiose titles (to attract attention) and claim BlackBerry is failing to meet user expectations. Speaking for myself, and maybe a few other CrackBerry-ans, that is the only issue I have with your approach to this. Maybe tone down the grandiose titles, try "Wish BlackBerry would . . . "?

Posted via CB10, now from a Z30
    m1kr0 likes this.
    08-30-14 11:31 AM
    I don't use Whatsapp so I'm not familiar with how it works. Can it share media with someone who is not a contact? Or does it require someone to be added first?

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 12:06 PM
    Not everyone uses Whatsapp, sure. But 500 million users worldwide should get better treatment on a BlackBerry. And i'm fretting about it because it really is core communication. Sample this -- some dude gives you a missed call and says send me a picture of your product. Wouldn't you want to simply long-tap on the missed call entry and pick 'send message via Whatsapp'?

In fact even the contacts app does not have proper Whatsapp integration.

Again, not asking for tighter integration with some random app, but Whatsapp (500 million worldwide users!)

Posted via CB10
    Uh, send your pictures thru MMS...

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 01:06 PM
    Uh, send your pictures thru MMS...

Posted via CB10
    That's where I was headed with my previous question but didn't say for lack of knowledge of Whatsapp. If I missed a call from "some dude" and were to send a photo of anything, I'd just share it straight from the file manager or photos app - in where the ability to share to nearly all apps and services exists.
    08-30-14 02:34 PM
    My intel cpu fried. Damn you Microsoft!

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    m1kr0 likes this.
    08-30-14 02:47 PM
    Lol your issue has nothing to do with BlackBerry. Can you do this any other competing OS?? Whatsapp is not and never will be a "core" application, no matter how much you think it should be.

Some guy leaves you a missed call but somehow you got a message that he wants you to send pics?? How did he send you that msg? Maybe you can reply in the same format. Or send a text with the picture attached. Or consider being more professional and send him an email.

Posted via CB10
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    08-30-14 02:55 PM
    My intel cpu fried. Damn you Microsoft!

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    Microsoft says you're holding it wrong.

Here's your bumper case.
    08-30-14 02:58 PM
    You can only send WhatsApp messages to your WhatsApp contacts. A number is not a WhatsApp contact. It's like this on all other platforms, you first need to add the number to your contacts so that WhatsApp can re-upload your list to their servers and check if they match any WhatsApp accounts.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    08-30-14 03:15 PM
    If "some dude" asked for a. Picture of my product I would be sending him a professional email from my business EAS account; I wouldn't be sending him a whatsapp with emoticons.

Get real.

Posted via CB10
    Lol, made my day

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 04:03 PM
37 12