I recently had to deal with some construction drawings and the contractor sent a batch of them in a ZIP.
    The iPhone user said they couldn't view it, waiting to get back on a full computer. Me and my Z10 popped them open from the email and saved it to my SD card just like that. Ready to view, annotate and send right from my phone!

I just did a Google to see how the other phones deal with it. Yes they can, but it requires 3rd party app. It is consistently my experience when it comes to the app gap, most of the time it is true BlackBerry doesn't have an app for that because most of the time the function is built right into the basic system!

Yah I understand some people gotta have their WhatsApp and Facebook. Be my guest, but I'm still gonna stick with my BlackBerry since it works better for me than the alternatives.
    01-21-17 01:37 AM
    Now that's a great positive post thank you

Posted via CB10
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    01-21-17 01:56 AM
    BB10 for me until all my 4 passport SEs , and Z30 die.

Posted via CB10
    Kot Prada likes this.
    01-21-17 02:10 AM
    Well said. +1

Posted via CB10
    01-21-17 02:11 AM
    I think iOS doesn't natively support opening zip due to the fact that zip files can contain really harmful files and viruses.

I love zombies.
    sidtek50 likes this.
    01-21-17 02:34 AM
    So we can extract zipped files? I am not sure but I think I have had zip files attached to emails and I could not open them.

And you said you edited the file and you added some texts. Were they image files? Or what file type were they?

 BB10 can't die. It is healthy and young!
    01-21-17 02:51 AM
    I love my Hub. I love my Z30.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-17 03:10 AM
    Yep just works no extra app's, all inclusive.

Posted via - OS-10.3.++ device, it's all you need
    01-21-17 10:51 AM
    Heaven forbid if you had to download Winzip and Adobe Reader.

Why is this a thing?

And btw, Android handles zip files natively anyway.
    01-21-17 11:08 AM
    So we can extract zipped files? I am not sure but I think I have had zip files attached to emails and I could not open them.

And you said you edited the file and you added some texts. Were they image files? Or what file type were they?

I would guess PDFs

Posted via CB10
    01-21-17 11:30 PM

Yup, a bunch of PDF's. There were so many they packed them in a single zip
    01-22-17 01:56 AM
    Heaven forbid if you had to download Winzip and Adobe Reader.

Why is this a thing?

And btw, Android handles zip files natively anyway.
    The point is that BlackBerry handles a lot of stuff you need to be productive out of the box instead of needing apps. Heck it still does stuff that the other guys can't do even with apps
    It's 2017 and my Z10 is more useful right now than the two other people I work with on this who sport recent iPhones.
    01-22-17 01:59 AM
  13. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    Because security,simple, and what??? Yeah... fantastic camera and simply multitasking

Posted via CB10
    01-22-17 03:18 AM
    Thanks. After 4 years I learned how to edit and comment on a pdf!

01-22-17 05:35 AM
    The point is that BlackBerry handles a lot of stuff you need to be productive out of the box instead of needing apps. Heck it still does stuff that the other guys can't do even with apps
    It's 2017 and my Z10 is more useful right now than the two other people I work with on this who sport recent iPhones.
    Why is "out of the box" even a thing? Who cares? 15 minutes on Google Play Store can provide far better software than the lowest common denominator built-in apps from BB10.
    Ronindan and Elephant_Canyon like this.
    01-22-17 08:43 AM
    Why is "out of the box" even a thing? Who cares? 15 minutes on Google Play Store can provide far better software than the lowest common denominator built-in apps from BB10.
    There have been instances where i've had to pick up a new phone while on my way to a job site.
    If I can have that phone set up and running before I arrive, that's fantastic.

It's not feasible to eat up your data by downloading applications over the cell network.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-17 10:52 AM
    There have been instances where i've had to pick up a new phone while on my way to a job site.
    If I can have that phone set up and running before I arrive, that's fantastic.

It's not feasible to eat up your data by downloading applications over the cell network.

Posted via CB10
    You mean to tell me that on your way to a job site you are going to add all of your accounts and customize your device but are completely unwilling to download a couple of apps from Google Play Store?

This seems more to be a Cherry Picked very rare situation.
    01-22-17 10:57 AM
    I recently had to deal with some construction drawings and the contractor sent a batch of them in a ZIP.
    The iPhone user said they couldn't view it, waiting to get back on a full computer. Me and my Z10 popped them open from the email and saved it to my SD card just like that. Ready to view, annotate and send right from my phone!

I just did a Google to see how the other phones deal with it. Yes they can, but it requires 3rd party app. It is consistently my experience when it comes to the app gap, most of the time it is true BlackBerry doesn't have an app for that because most of the time the function is built right into the basic system!

Yah I understand some people gotta have their WhatsApp and Facebook. Be my guest, but I'm still gonna stick with my BlackBerry since it works better for me than the alternatives.
    That's why I keep on using my Z30, it works just as a portable PC, if you need some documents to look at, just email them and download!

From my awesome Z30
    Kot Prada likes this.
    01-22-17 11:08 AM
    You mean to tell me that on your way to a job site you are going to add all of your accounts and customize your device but are completely unwilling to download a couple of apps from Google Play Store?

This seems more to be a Cherry Picked very rare situation.
    Well, when you asked about who was out there that cared... I figured if it's happened to me, then it's probably happened to others. But yes, it's likely an uncommon situation.

And when you are asking about adding accounts, my device monitor shows i've used 98mb of mobile data for PIM services this month. That's a fair amount of PDFs and CSVs.
    If you needed to be downloading a few applications, you could be using much more data.

Also, it's worth pointing out USBOTG is quite handy! I can import contacts and transfer more files without using a network.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-17 11:20 AM
    Also, it's worth pointing out USBOTG is quite handy! I can import contacts and transfer more files without using a network.

Posted via CB10
    Yes. I use that on my DTEK60 too.
    01-22-17 11:23 AM

And when you are asking about adding accounts, my device monitor shows i've used 98mb of mobile data for PIM services this month. That's a fair amount of PDFs and CSVs.
    If you needed to be downloading a few applications, you could be using much more data.

Posted via CB10
    The notion that one cannot download a few apps to set up a new device once, due to data limits, is a bit of a red herring, no?
    01-22-17 11:25 AM
    The notion that one cannot download a few apps to set up a new device once, due to data limits, is a bit of a red herring, no?
    I can only imagine data limits are the biggest obstacle for those that have to look into getting additional applications.
    I haven't had to download applications over a network, since my phone functioned, out of the box

Posted via CB10
    01-22-17 11:44 AM
    I can only imagine data limits are the biggest obstacle for those that have to look into getting additional applications.
    I haven't had to download applications over a network, since my phone functioned, out of the box

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, I just can't take this seriously.
    01-22-17 12:07 PM
    Not always. I can't find a decent vkb for my honor 8. And Onedrive doesn't work. Pile of rubbish.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-17 12:12 PM
    The good thing with BlackBerry OS10 is that there is no need to add a pile of half baked app's from obscure sources like the Google-Ad-spy playshop for good reason!
    Important functions are well integrated in to the main OS10 so it's a no brainer to use this instead of funny app's which are from who knows elsewhere untrustworthy places.
    Less but trusted app's are worth more than lots of app's, ergo.. more app's than needed rising the risk of bugs, poor written and bad integrated crap, in short temper with security at least.
    No wonder that this Playstore is most known as a minefield and not a single day is going by where there are warnings of all sorts about it in the media worldwide.
    Never heard of anything similar from BBW, so it's a good measure to stick with known and tested app's.

Posted via - OS-10.3.++ device, it's all you need
    Kot Prada likes this.
    01-22-17 12:44 PM
41 12