https://www.cnet.com/products/youtube-tv/preview/

Another reason to hang around on BB10, coming soon, youtube TV plays on any device youtube plays on now.

Seems youtube is getting ready to compete with cable TV!

Update: there will be an App required, if it can be downloaded and adapted by Cobalt is yet to be seen.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by mawil1013; 03-08-17 at 07:13 AM.
    03-03-17 07:56 PM
    Why is that another reason to hang on to BB10? Given that the service would be available on all other devices, it's essentially a non-issue either way.
    03-03-17 08:52 PM
    Why is that another reason to hang on to BB10? Given that the service would be available on all other devices, it's essentially a non-issue either way.
    Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha, ha, ha, ha, posted from my Passport.
    03-04-17 07:34 AM
    You're also under the impression that Google won't blackout service on the BB10 browser, which has happened in the past with services on the PlayBook browser.
    03-04-17 09:38 AM
    You're also under the impression that Google won't blackout service on the BB10 browser, which has happened in the past with services on the PlayBook browser.
    It will run on an App, which I concede has to be proven to be downloadable, as well as operate with the help of Cobalt. Fingers crossed.
    03-04-17 09:44 AM
    Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha, ha, ha, ha, posted from my Passport.
    I don't get the joke.
    03-04-17 09:55 AM
    https://www.cnet.com/products/youtube-tv/preview/

Another reason to hang around on BB10, coming soon, youtube TV plays on any device youtube plays on now.

Seems youtube is getting ready to compete with cable TV!

Posted via CB10
    I don't understand what this has to do with BB10.
    00stryder and Elephant_Canyon like this.
    03-04-17 10:35 AM
    I hope that the op realized that Youtube-tv is a subscription service. No matter what phone os he uses, he won't have access to it unless he pays for it.
    03-04-17 06:56 PM
    I don't understand what this has to do with BB10.
    We can fast-forward ads with BB10. Not that it would make a difference in this situation.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-17 06:31 AM
    Why are people looking for more reasons to stay with BlackBerry 10 beyond the out of the box experience anyway?

Posted via CB10
    03-08-17 06:46 AM
    We can fast-forward ads with BB10. Not that it would make a difference in this situation.

Posted via CB10
    Are there Android browsers that do this? I always liked being able to skip ads.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-17 06:54 AM

Posted via CB10
    Do you think Google would ever allow that? It's likely baked into the OS anyway. So I doubt it.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-17 06:57 AM
    Why are people looking for more reasons to stay with BlackBerry 10 beyond the out of the box experience anyway?

Posted via CB10
    As for me, the Passport as it is, is the perfect phone. Nothing can get better then PP. Why wouldn't it be nice to see streaming tv come to it? I'm too smart to get sucked in by adverts trying to tell me the next great thingy is here and oh my goodness the specs are better, Bull. The Passport can function well for years to come. Who can't see that?
    03-08-17 07:11 AM
    As for me, the Passport as it is, is the perfect phone. Nothing can get better then PP. Why wouldn't it be nice to see streaming tv come to it? I'm too smart to get sucked in by adverts trying to tell me the next great thingy is here and oh my goodness the specs are better, Bull. The Passport can function well for years to come. Who can't see that?
    I get what you're saying, but it won't change anything. It's nice for those on BlackBerry 10, but it's no differentiating factor. All that differentiates the Passport didn't turn around anything. Use it as is until it doesn't do the things you need anymore.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-17 07:23 AM
    I'm a BB10 diehard too, and I'll never argue that anyone NEEDS to ditch it if it works for them...

However, I can't deny that BB10 is past its prime. There seem to be consistently more things that are being cut than new things added. I agree that it will still function for basic tasks for years to come but it will be more and more limited with what 'functions' actually comes to mean. Even BBM (which couldn't be much more 'native,' as far as apps go) is starting to show signs of neglect compared to its Android version. If that isn't telling then I'm not sure what is.

As much as I don't think apps are essential to a mobile experience, I think that I'm far enough removed from the majority that it doesn't really matter what I think. If I want to stay in touch with some people, I need to have some form of facebook messenger or even Instagram. Yes, I have a version of both of these working on my BB10 device... but can I expect to have these working as well as they do now (already limited compared to how they run on Android, especially if it is one of the more recent BlackBerry devices which returns HUB integration to many of these apps plus new ones that we never had on BB10) ? Not a chance!!

I love the Passport, too. It's an amazing device! And, perhaps there are still some small compromises to be made if one would switch from it to the Mercu-... er... - KEYone... However, to think that the Passport is going to be a better experience for anyone looking for a new device at this point in time would be insane. The KEYone does look amazing in almost every way. That shouldn't take away from how much you love your Passport or make you feel like people are trying to get you to dump it. At the same time, it's not hard to feel excited for the potential that BlackBerry Mobile is bringing to the company and join in on the good vibes going around!!!
    03-08-17 07:30 AM
    I'm a BB10 diehard too, and I'll never argue that anyone NEEDS to ditch it if it works for them...

However, I can't deny that BB10 is past its prime. There seem to be consistently more things that are being cut than new things added. I agree that it will still function for basic tasks for years to come but it will be more and more limited with what 'functions' actually comes to mean. Even BBM (which couldn't be much more 'native,' as far as apps go) is starting to show signs of neglect compared to its Android version. If that isn't telling then I'm not sure what is.

As much as I don't think apps are essential to a mobile experience, I think that I'm far enough removed from the majority that it doesn't really matter what I think. If I want to stay in touch with some people, I need to have some form of facebook messenger or even Instagram. Yes, I have a version of both of these working on my BB10 device... but can I expect to have these working as well as they do now (already limited compared to how they run on Android, especially if it is one of the more recent BlackBerry devices which returns HUB integration to many of these apps plus new ones that we never had on BB10) ? Not a chance!!

I love the Passport, too. It's an amazing device! And, perhaps there are still some small compromises to be made if one would switch from it to the Mercu-... er... - KEYone... However, to think that the Passport is going to be a better experience for anyone looking for a new device at this point in time would be insane.

> >>>>There are people drawn to PP still and considering buying the Passport for the first time, coming to CBF for advice, most seem to not care about bells and whistles and I recommend they buy one if that's the case. There is no single phone for Everyone, otherwise there'd be one phone on the market. Why would anyone need a K1 over Passport? If they want Google Android and that's about it. I've tried many Android on a Nexus, 4, 6 and 7, yet it feels awkward and unrewarding, K1 might, change that for me, but I don't see it for me. Call me insane, as long as I have my Passport in hand, it's OK to call me crazy! LOL I opened up my Playbook yesterday and if not for the gosh awful slow browser experience I'd still be using it daily at home, what an awesome device and still functioning the same as it did when first released.<<<<<<

The KEYone does look amazing in almost every way. That shouldn't take away from how much you love your Passport or make you feel like people are trying to get you to dump it. At the same time, it's not hard to feel excited for the potential that BlackBerry Mobile is bringing to the company and join in on the good vibes going around!!!
    03-08-17 07:46 AM
    I agree 100% . BB10 will live on with me and my 4 Passport SEs. No android Os cr..

Posted via CB10
    rayporsche likes this.
    03-08-17 10:17 AM
    Update: there will be an App required, if it can be downloaded and adapted by Cobalt is yet to be seen.
    If that's the requirement then it's a stretch to assume that this will prop BB10 up.
    03-08-17 10:48 AM
    There's still more to learn, but the articles do say that anything that currently can access youtube will be able to access it, which could also mean via browser. Also you see, me smart, I install cobalt, I have firefox and Dolphin and pretty another browser I want, so it is something to investigate further when service is started.
    03-08-17 11:14 AM
    If that's the requirement then it's a stretch to assume that this will prop BB10 up.
    My Playbook works just like it did today as when it was release, Passport probably has another four years left in it. Prop up what?. R U eager to leave bb10 or have already? Not me and if something new comes along I'm going to investigate. I'm way past any silly need to do a device update every six months. Anyway, no need to prop something up that can stand on it own two feet!
    03-08-17 11:20 AM

Posted via CB10
    Negative, anytime an app is released that bypasses these ads and stuff like that, or allows playing of youtube videos in the background without the RED subscription, google removes it from the playstore. Why do you think these services love Google? They are on their side.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    03-08-17 04:06 PM
    I don't subscribe to YouTube Red. Does BB10 have ability to access that ? If yes then that would apply to YoutubeTV I'd imagine.
    03-08-17 04:13 PM
    Negative, anytime an app is released that bypasses these ads and stuff like that, or allows playing of youtube videos in the background without the RED subscription, google removes it from the playstore. Why do you think these services love Google? They are on their side.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    There are many alternatives. Typically not found on Google Play of course.
    03-08-17 05:37 PM
    There are many alternatives. Typically not found on Google Play of course.
    Pray tell!

Posted via CB10
    03-08-17 06:43 PM
    Pray tell!

Posted via CB10
    Google OGYouTube 2.1.
    03-08-17 06:45 PM
30 12