Sending and getting nudes is one hell of a drug.

Posted via CB10
    Possibly made in jest though many believe this is all Snapchat is used for but it's just not true

Posted with my  Classic
    07-20-15 06:53 AM
    I can find a fault with every device but the single reason I done want to ditch my BlackBerry is because of The Hub. Nothing in my eyes can even come close to the power of The Hub.

Posted via CB10 on my SwagBerry Z10
    HonnyBrown likes this.
    07-20-15 06:56 AM
    One of my staff is dumping BlackBerry for samsung. And i can't blame here. BlackBerry has no comparable phone to compete with Samsung's latest phones. And another staff who want the Z30 tried an Galaxy Note. Guess what...he's getting Samsung.

In both cases i told them they should. Me a diehard BlackBerry fan. Why? Because BlackBerry has provided no comparable alternative. My Passport is not an alternative to an all touch device. And I'm betting the slider won't be either.

Posted via CB10
    I will trade you two Nexus 4's for your one Passport.
    07-20-15 07:06 AM
    sonic, it's disappointing, but when the fanfare wears off, your coworkers will be more dedicated to BlackBerry than ever.

I think it's good for people to see what Apple and Samsung have to offer, because on so many levels, they really can't compete with BlackBerry.
    07-20-15 07:34 AM
    Let me first start out by saying. I agree another person or people leaving BB post but I think all the hate is also unnecessary. I think you all are missing the point. Some of what he has said is 100% true. BB does not have a phone that can compete with all the full touch phones on the market. You can sit there and say the Z30 but be honest with yourself that is a 2 year old device, who goes into there service provider and buys a 2 year old phone. Just to prove my point even more who is buying BB devices anyway. Just look at the hardware sales they speak for them selves, they have almost disappeared completely so obviously keyboard phones are such a small niche market. So to the post that says they will be back. I think the sales have spoken.

So If I am a user of a full touch Z10/Z30 where am I supposed to go? So before you trash the OP think about the position those people are in. BB has not provided them a device they can upgrade to so who's fault is that the OP or BlackBerry.

I currently use a Z10 (day one purchase) I have been ready for a upgrade for some time now. So far I have been holding off hoping that BB will announce something and maybe the slider is that device but If it isn't I will be right there with the OP and moving on to a full touch made by someone other than BB why not because I want to but because what other options do I have. I don't want a keyboard phone.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    07-20-15 07:42 AM
    They always come slinking back, minus the drama.
    07-20-15 08:25 AM
    Not really, if you look at the shrinking market share of BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    07-20-15 08:28 AM
    Don't think the OP meant any drama... just his frustration at watching BlackBerry fade to irrelevance and he can't stop it.

And no, based on sales 2 years ago and that the average user is upgrading at the 16 - 18 month periods and where sales are today..... we will lose several million from the BB10 user base this year. Which is pretty bad when it's most likely only around 10 Million at this point. Which is why I doubt Chen will lose any sleep shutting down BB10 development.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    07-20-15 08:43 AM
    One of my staff is dumping BlackBerry for samsung. And i can't blame here. BlackBerry has no comparable phone to compete with Samsung's latest phones. And another staff who want the Z30 tried an Galaxy Note. Guess what...he's getting Samsung.

In both cases i told them they should. Me a diehard BlackBerry fan. Why? Because BlackBerry has provided no comparable alternative. My Passport is not an alternative to an all touch device. And I'm betting the slider won't be either.

Posted via CB10
    That right there is about where I am right now. I don't play games or use snapchat or whatsapp or timbr or viber or whatever all those social apps are, but god darn it....I WANT AN ALL-TOUCH BLACKBERRY!

and the Passport is not available on my carrier and the slider probably wont be either. So without a new all touch device.....i will be leaving for an S6 or whatever the latest incarnation is of it when my contract is up.

I feel your pain...and theirs.
    And comments like "they'll be back" and "bye" are just rude and uncalled for. Some people have the manners of a 15 year old.
    07-20-15 08:47 AM
    Possibly made in jest though many believe this is all Snapchat is used for but it's just not true

Posted with my  Classic
    So what is it used for? What sets it apart? I don't use it and don't really know of anyone around me using it, although I'm guessing some do.
    Aside from on CrackBerry, I really don't hear Snapchat mentioned.

Posted via CB10
    miker476 likes this.
    07-20-15 09:38 AM
    Congratulations! Your subordinates just duped you into paying for a device for them to play Angry Birds on.

Posted via CB10 on Passport
    Yeah! Thank goodness you can't do that on a Blackberry.

What? - No kidding?

Never mind.
    slick271974 likes this.
    07-20-15 09:52 AM
    When it comes to work and therefore money, a device set on security and productivity at work is better. Employees will not be distracted by games and applications that reduce productivity. If I'm the boss, it's me that decide what employees will use it and not the opposite
    07-20-15 09:53 AM
    Bye bye have fun with your new phone...you'll be back lol

Posted via CB10
    07-20-15 10:00 AM
    When it comes to work and therefore money, a device set on security and productivity at work is better. Employees will not be distracted by games and applications that reduce productivity. If I'm the boss, it's me that decide what employees will use it and not the opposite
    You are obviously not in the position of a CEO or CTO.
    First - enough of this BB Security BS. It is just that. Your personal BB not on a BES is no more secure then the latest high end Android or I-phone. Furthermore, a properly secured I-phone or Android is far more secured then any BB10 device not properly locked down. Putting an Iphone on BES12 or even something like mobile iron and requiring encryption, password lock, 30 sec screen lock, controlling apps access to work email and data etc.. makes it far more secure than a Passport without any of those things.

Mobile devices, unless you are a geopolitical figure, or have multi-billion dollar trade secrets are never targets of hackers. Web sites that store information are.

As for which platform gathers too much of your private information - again this is a mute point unless you have entirely opted out. Have a credit card, a supermarket card, visit a doctor's office (That's right read that HIPPA form, they just have to inform you they will be selling or providing your private information for marketing purposes, they are not prevented from doing so), bank debit card, rewards card at any store, applied for a mortgage, bought a home, us an EZ-Pass....

I honestly don't know what rock of ignorance most people live under. But come on up and see the truth. Most everyone over 18 living in a developed nation has 20-30 pages worth of information on their gender, age, location approx. net worth, shopping and traveling histories, social contacts, health issues etc... Supermarkets, insurance companies stores and trade groups sell their lists and info (with what they term non-personally identifiable info) to companies that specifically match up names and addresses to that info and track it. If your wife is pregnant, they will know she bought a pregnancy test and went to the OB before you did.

Hence - this is why CTOs, CEOs and others who use this information, realized many years ago, that the idea of security is more a marketing ploy and not at all an inherent piece of a mobile phone operating system or platform and now seek the cheapest easiest solutions that work for them and their employees both as business devices and personal devices. It's a value added approach that helps at all levels.

BB is no longer the business phone it was prior to OS7. Most business apps from extending office phone lines to accessing secure work drives are no longer written for BB. It's sad, but true. A smart TO is looking at I-phones, because they are the new business device.

Don't like what I have to say? Then ignore it.
    JRF_1986 and GadgetTravel like this.
    07-20-15 10:17 AM
    On this note ...

Switching from BlackBerry to Another Device, Post here! DO NOT START A NEW THREAD! - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

Works also for your friends, family workmates, pet cat, anybody who is leaving BlackBerry for another device.

Posted via CB10
    ppeters914 likes this.
    07-20-15 10:50 AM
40 12