Hey Guys,

I have a problem with my Passport right now where i get an annoying notification daily.

Account Info Needed - You need to update your account for Sync.

When i click open, a pop up comes and shows: There was a problem opening your account.

I have no idea what this notification is for. As all of my email accounts are working. I am running 10.3.0.908

Also on a sidenote. Does anyone know how to disable the quick delete function? I keep accidentally deleting text messages while swiping to turn on my phone.

Thanks and Happy Holidays everyone!
    grandvoyager76 likes this.
    12-26-14 08:38 AM
    Most likely it is due to having Wireless or WiFi Sync on and setup through BlackBerry Link or Blend, but the host PC is in sleep mode or offline or the password has been changed.
    Try turning off Sync on the host computer in Link/Blend or turn off Allow Connections or delete the host PC in Settings/Device Connections on your Passport.
    If the password had been changed, update it.
    12-26-14 08:50 AM
    I have the same issue. Were you able to solve this?

It seems to be a really old account since I never really use that username any longer.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 03:19 PM
    I realize I'm a few days late to the party, but I've been having this same issue for several months now. I'm using an unlocked Z30 STA100-5 10.3.1.1949 that I just loaded yesterday. Before that I was using 10.3.1.1151 and had the same problem.

I've been using leaked OS for years and understand the risks associated with a leak. I'm pretty sure that my issue started on an earlier 10.3.1.XXXX build and has stuck around for the later ones too.

Since using BB10 I've always used the auto loaders to update the OS and was curious if this same issue was prominent with other methods of OS updating, OTA, Sachies or Blitz.

I always do a complete backup then run the auto loader before using Link to perform a complete restore.

Is it possible and well...probable that I've restored a corrupt backup and that's final cause for the issue? Or is this just a bug with the latter OS leaks?

I'm open to any suggestions.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 11:38 AM
    I get the same message randomly appearing for ALL my accounts on my Z30.

This is only since I have installed the 10.3.1.1949 leak, I never had it on the 10.3.1.1151.

When I click on the notification, nothing happens. All I do is delete the notification.

Trevor
    01-06-15 11:52 AM
    I am getting the same thing. I notice these are all Android Apps causing the problem. Have all of you installed Google Play Store using Colbalt's Patched apps? I am wondering if that is the cause since it seems like Google Login wants access to all these apps. Just my 2cents.

J....
    01-06-15 11:58 AM
    Nope, I got this problem on 1151, so annoying but dont wanna wipe bz the data.
    01-17-15 02:04 AM
    same - I get this for about 8 accounts. I think they are android apps that have app info restored but the apps are not reinstalled during a restore after an OS upgrade (I am on 10.3.1.2072). But, I have tried reinstalling like everything I have installed and that hasn't resolved the problem either.
    01-21-15 02:06 PM
    I get this only for my iCloud account.
    Google, Yahoo and my corporate account work flawlessly.
    I've had this issue with iCloud on the latest official OS and the 4 leaked ones I've used.
    I've made only clean installations from scratch, it can't be remnants of some old backup.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 06:32 PM
    I have this issue too, and my guess is that my Google account is causing this. I've just checked my google account settings in my z30 and it stated that Google calendar was not connected (anymore). Mail and contacts were. So I've altered the settings for Google Calendar and saved it. Hopefully that fixes the 'Sync' notification issue for me.
    01-26-15 03:47 AM
    Hey Guys,

I have a problem with my Passport right now where i get an annoying notification daily.

Account Info Needed - You need to update your account for Sync.

When i click open, a pop up comes and shows: There was a problem opening your account.

I have no idea what this notification is for. As all of my email accounts are working. I am running 10.3.0.908

Also on a sidenote. Does anyone know how to disable the quick delete function? I keep accidentally deleting text messages while swiping to turn on my phone.

Thanks and Happy Holidays everyone!
    I have the same issue with acc update....Email works fine..so its just stupid and enoying notifications
    01-26-15 03:54 AM
    I get that message as well but it only began happening after installing Google Play and the additional email account required for the installation process. Opening it also doesn't do anything except throw an error message.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 11:03 AM
    Since I've updated to 2072, I've not had a sync notification pop up once, in about 3 days.
    01-30-15 09:09 AM
    Can the same on 2072, no notifications for about 2 days.

I did an autoloader and restore on the previous version. This one I updated with Blitz.

Trevor
    01-31-15 03:11 AM
    That's what I did too, autoloader for the previous leak (as that was the only available way to go) and sachesi to update to 2072.
    01-31-15 05:53 AM
    This sometimes happen after a restore. So as much as possible, use a non destructive one to do an update.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 06:33 AM
    This sometimes happen after a restore. So as much as possible, use a non destructive one to do an update.

Posted via CB10
    Hi Sir,

I know this may not be the right place to post this. Due to its incessant requests on other for a, my questions are not answered. What could have made my Android related apps and stores not work after I upgraded to 10.3.1.****.

Could it be the OS not enhanced?

Kindly help out as I honesty do know little about this.
    Thanks.

From my ZedThir30 with Love
    01-31-15 06:40 AM
    I'm having this happen too, frustrating trying to pin exact cause,but happened after an upgrade and restore. Ufff...

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1154
    02-23-15 09:44 AM
    Hello, I have that issue after restoring settings to my Z30 from old Q10. Is there any resolution for this issue?
    03-24-15 09:52 AM