This morning I noticed something while my alarm was going off. I woke up from it, saw that it was 6:49, so decided I could sleep for another five minutes. So I hit snooze, and it went back to the locked home screen and I saw that the time was 7:15. And this is when I realized that the clock when the alarm is going off doesn't move. This won't be a problem for most, but because I'm am such a deep sleeper, kind of hurts me.

Does anyone know if this problem has been noticed?

And yes, I know I can download an alarm app that won't do this.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 07:50 AM
    This morning I noticed something while my alarm was going off. I woke up from it, saw that it was 6:49, so decided I could sleep for another five minutes. So I hit snooze, and it went back to the locked home screen and I saw that the time was 7:15. And this is when I realized that the clock when the alarm is going off doesn't move. This won't be a problem for most, but because I'm am such a deep sleeper, kind of hurts me.

Does anyone know if this problem has been noticed?

And yes, I know I can download an alarm app that won't do this.

Posted via CB10
    The alarm clock is set at 5 minute intervals. How did you get 9 minutes?

I have been waking up promptly, credit to the the Alarm clock on my Z10. The snooze function works properly too.

Maybe you want to set your alarm clock for 5 minutes from now, to test it?
    04-05-13 08:26 AM
    What he is saying is that he sleeps through the alarm and while the actual alarm is going off the clock does not update. It only updates after you hit snooze or turn it off. So he looked at the clock which showed 6:49 and when he hit snooze the clock updated to the actual time of 7:15.

I have not seen this bug yet but I typically turn my alarm off within a minute of it going off so I guess I wouldn't notice it.
    04-05-13 08:46 AM
    Pick a longer alarm sound as a temporary fix.
    I play a DJ mix tape for my alarm.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 08:54 AM
    I use mine as my alamrm. I use Bedside Mode thou. Never noticed the bug the OP mentions. My clock stays up to day, and snooze and alarm functions work perfectly
    04-05-13 08:57 AM
    just tried mine and the time changed after hitting snooze... can post a video if need be.
    04-05-13 09:16 AM
    I just tested it again. And it's my fault. In the mornings I always thought it was showing what time it was, when it actually is showing the time the alarm was set for. So when I didn't wake up, my alarm played for 20 minutes and it was showing the alarm time and not the actual time.
    So this is not a bug. And just in my morning haze I have to make sure I look at the time after snoozing.
    This is probably not a problem for most people, but thank you for the responses.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    04-05-13 10:06 AM
    I just tested it again. And it's my fault. In the mornings I always thought it was showing what time it was, when it actually is showing the time the alarm was set for. So when I didn't wake up, my alarm played for 20 minutes and it was showing the alarm time and not the actual time.
    So this is not a bug. And just in my morning haze I have to make sure I look at the time after snoozing.
    This is probably not a problem for most people, but thank you for the responses.

Posted via CB10
    Stupid as it sounds, this is why I set my alarm for 30 minutes before I actually intend to get up, usually take me 2 or 3 snoozes to be fully awake and ready to start my morning lol although lately I've been getting up before my alarm so this is just adding 30 minutes to my morning lol
    04-05-13 10:12 AM
    Try the Get Set..Get Up app. You set the alarm for when you actually want to get up and adjust your maximum snooze time and it sets up multiple snooze alerts decreasing with decreasing intervals prior to that wake up time. There are a few other features as well.
    04-05-13 02:45 PM
    (*Sigh*) brandonwh, it's time for you to...go back to sleep. You got me all worked up for nothing :-)

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    04-05-13 03:31 PM
    Try the Get Set..Get Up app. You set the alarm for when you actually want to get up and adjust your maximum snooze time and it sets up multiple snooze alerts decreasing with decreasing intervals prior to that wake up time. There are a few other features as well.
    It doesn't work in the background, right? So charger must be plugged in, and app left open as an Active Frame? No thanks. The native Z10 clock works just fine with Bedside Mode.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 06:15 PM
    He is saying.

Sleep
    Alarm goes off
    He looks, oh its 6:55
    Press snooze
    Clock jumps to 7:15

Oh, my alarm has been going off for 20 mins and I'm 20min late

If you don't notice the jump, you think your going to snooze to 7:00 when really it will be 7:20
    Etcetc

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 08:04 PM
    My b10 alarm did not go on this morning, when my phone was shut off. This is different then my old BlackBerry. It is ok but surprised me.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 08:51 PM
    My b10 alarm did not go on this morning, when my phone was shut off. This is different then my old BlackBerry. It is ok but surprised me.

Posted via CB10
    The old Blackberries were never powered off. Only in hibernation mode.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 08:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    Good to see that you've figured it out. Nice to solve a mystery. Helps us all.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 08:54 PM