When it gets to 20% it "saves power" but the red led keeps blinking, so much for battery saving mode right?

When it gets to 10%, the most crucial point where you want to save all juice, the led blinks a blinding green.

I means who's great idea was this?

I know I can turn off battery saving mode but is there any way to stop the blackberry from lighting up like a Xmas tree when I need the power most?

You can stop the saving mode red, but nothing can be done about the last 10% which I find irritating

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 06:31 AM
    Really, wow stop looking at it then...turn it over.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 06:41 AM
    When it gets to 20% it "saves power" but the red led keeps blinking, so much for battery saving mode right?

When it gets to 10%, the most crucial point where you want to save all juice, the led blinks a blinding green.

I know I can turn off battery saving mode but is there any way to stop the blackberry from lighting up like a Xmas tree when I need the power most?

You can stop the saving mode red, but nothing can be done about the last 10% which I find irritating

Posted via CB10
    Yes. Plug it in. Problem solved.

Via CB Running  PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    03-08-15 08:30 AM
    In all honesty, that LED wastes a minuscule fraction of power compared to anything else the phone is capable of.

Since this is the first official update with Battery Saving Mode, I assume it will get better with time.
    03-08-15 08:36 AM
    It has been like that on every BlackBerry I have owned for 8 years. I never understood why it needs to flash so often especially since it's dying it should be trying to conserve power. Maybe flash it for a minute every ten minutes to remind you to plug it in. But it seems like it's flashing itself to death. I have no idea cause I'm not electric savvy so maybe it really burns no power to flash the LED.

CB10 via Z30
    03-08-15 08:38 AM
    I always hated the led light. I understand it barely uses any battery life but it's so annoying.
    And people say "just plug it in and charge it". Well, the only times my battery gets so low is when I'm away from a charger

Posted via CB10
    BerryRipe likes this.
    03-08-15 08:45 AM
    I don't mind the battery saving mode - but I wish there were a few more thing we could control.

The auto dimming of the screen is fine, but I'd like to set how dim it gets. Right now, it goes so dim that it's hard for me to see it even inside where it's not so bright.

I have to say, though, that the few times it kicked in for me, it did stretch out it's life a lot longer than I expected.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 09:34 AM
    I love the battery save mode. I knew I wasn't going to be able to charge for a day so turned it on while I was at 60% yesterday. Half way through the next day and still at 30%. Just wish there was a way i could add it to quick settings so I could toggle on and off quick instead of going into settings for it

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 09:39 AM
    It's like you're saying you don't want to be annoyed when the fuel icon in your terrible Peugeot car starts blinking and blame her after when you run out of fuel, no? #justsaying

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    03-08-15 09:44 AM
    I love the battery save mode. I knew I wasn't going to be able to charge for a day so turned it on while I was at 60% yesterday. Half way through the next day and still at 30%. Just wish there was a way i could add it to quick settings so I could toggle on and off quick instead of going into settings for it

Posted via CB10
    If you hit 'restore defaults' in the quick settings menu, 'battery saving mode' should pop up in the list. At least that's how it magically appeared for me.
    03-08-15 09:49 AM

Posted via CB10
    You can put it on quick settings.
    Annoying Battery Saving Mode-img_20150308_104921.png

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.2072
    03-08-15 09:49 AM
    It's like you're saying you don't want to be annoyed when the fuel icon in your terrible Peugeot car starts blinking and blame her after when you run out of fuel, no? #justsaying

No... it's not
    The petrol light doesn't blink constantly, it gives me a chance to get to a petrol station, a Blackberry constantly flashes like a Xmas tree.

As for the plug it in sherlocks on the forum, it's a bit impossible when your on the road and it's flashing green.

The current implementation is not very sophisticated, I'm willing to look past the next to zero app eco system, so BB10 should at least focus on the little things

Posted via CB10
    pttptppt likes this.
    03-08-15 11:18 AM
    No... it's not
    The petrol light doesn't blink constantly, it gives me a chance to get to a petrol station, a Blackberry constantly flashes like a Xmas tree.

As for the plug it in sherlocks on the forum, it's a bit impossible when your on the road and it's flashing green.

The current implementation is not very sophisticated, I'm willing to look past the next to zero app eco system, so BB10 should at least focus on the little things

Posted via CB10
    You could power the led for a year on a battery charge. It's far more important to be in the user's face that they need to deal with the situation.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    03-08-15 11:35 AM

Exactly! Well why didn't they notify me when my battery was dying? Why? Why? Waaaaaaaaah. Again

Via CB Running  PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    jdesignz and habs_fan like this.
    03-08-15 12:03 PM
    Seriously? Do you know what a LED is? Do you know it almost doesn't take any battery charge? You're suppose to be annoyed so that you charge it, it's like the seat belt chime in the car!

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 12:26 PM
    No... it's not

Posted via CB10
    Wouldn't that generally be considered as worse if using these standards here? Your gas gauge doesn't blink constantly. It stays on constantly. Even more annoying and disconcerting.

Also, the purpose of the alert is precisely that... To give you a chance to charge your device. Just like your gas gauge gives you the chance to refuel. But it's better than anything with your vehicle alert because you still have to find a gas station. You may be miles away. But, a charger is always an arm's length away.

I also don't know why charging your device on the road is an impossibility? People do that millions of instances every day. I am also a firm believer that if you own a BlackBerry you should be able to afford the accessories needed to support it for your use, like data plans, cases, and chargers. What I'm getting at is it would be just like owning a BlackBerry. Why can't vehicle owners afford the needed accessories for it as well? If you can be fortunate to own a vehicle, what's so hard in keeping a $10-$20 car charger handy? Many keep a flashlight, a spare tire, a crowbar, etc. And yes, some like myself even keep a stand alone battery charger for the vehicle itself.

I apologize if I missed any part of the post. I may have missed something. But the reasons posted in this instance don't make sense to me. Maybe it's just me?

Again sorry if I got something incorrect.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 01:09 PM
    Wouldn't that generally be considered as worse if using these standards here? Your gas gauge doesn't blink constantly. It stays on constantly. Even more annoying and disconcerting.

Also, the purpose of the alert is precisely that... To give you a chance to charge your device. Just like your gas gauge gives you the chance to refuel. But it's better than anything with your vehicle alert because you still have to find a gas station. You may be miles away. But, a charger is always an arm's length away.

I also don't know why charging your device on the road is an impossibility?
    When I said on the road I didn't mean in the car, my bad for not being clear.

If we're sticking to the car analogy, its more imperative to have constant fuel reminder, the consequences are far greater if it runs out than my handset running out of battery.

My handset, which I look at and use constantly, doesn't need to constantly blink, it's actually becoming quite nauseating to the point I FEAR it reaching 10% due to the dreaded green goblin reminder. I'm quite aware on the first blink I need to charge it, now would it kindly let me get on with writing emails?

I do wish BB10 would give me *some* credit, I'm fortunate enough to not suffer from Alzheimer's and don't need that constant distracting reminder, the drained red bar is sufficient enough.

Hope it now makes some sense.
    03-08-15 01:34 PM
    But this as nothing to do with battery saver.... it's been this way since 10.0...

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 01:46 PM
    When I said on the road I didn't mean in the car, my bad for not being clear.
    OK. So you meant being in foot. NP. Thanks!

If we're sticking to the car analogy, its more imperative to have constant fuel reminder, the consequences are far greater if it runs out than my handset running out of battery.
    Yeah. I didn't mention the importance of one over another, really. I think it's a general consensus that it is present for an alert for the need to charge or refuel at that moment whether it be a device or car. What I'm saying is that the gauge constantly stays on as opposed to blinking. Since it was the constant blinking that you've mentioned and I addressed.
    My handset, which I look at and use constantly, doesn't need to constantly blink, it's actually becoming quite nauseating to the point I FEAR it reaching 10% due to the dreaded green goblin reminder. I'm quite aware on the first blink I need to charge it, now would it kindly let me get on with writing emails?
    I think it continues to alert because until addressed, it's doing what it's supposed to. Provide alerts. I see no difference in the device led or the vehicular fuel gauge led. They both serve the same purpose, no? It also does allow you to keep sending emails as long as there is sufficient power to do so. Just like a vehicle, you can continue for a few more miles. It's not infinite use since the power supply is not present for infinite use. I think that would be generally accepted as logical as well.

I do wish BB10 would give me *some* credit, I'm fortunate enough to not suffer from Alzheimer's and don't need that constant distracting reminder, the drained red bar is sufficient enough.
    Maybe it's not made for you specifically. Some people have problems that they have to be walked through. It is present there for those that don't know to restart their device if they're having issues, or those that don't know how to follow instructions to redeem a promo code, or the latest phenomenon I've been seeing of how to delete a message on their device. This is present for those who may not be as clever as you. You're an intelligent person, so I have to give you credit that you know enough that if you're going to be walking around all day with heavy usage, you would know to have a spare battery or at least a charger with way-points to recharge. I would have to give an intelligent person like yourself that credit.

Hope it now makes some sense.
    Not really, but I can't knock your reasoning. I can only ask for clarification. Which you provided. Thanks. But I still don't understand. My apologies. I'm just not as clever as some others are.

Take care.

Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 02:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    Disable the battery saving mode and don't spend the last 10% of the battery life looking at it. Why not turn the phone over or put something over to cover it. Why, why, why ....
    03-08-15 02:14 PM