I stumbled upon this article and thought i should post it just incase someone working for Blackberry might be reviewing the forums to find suggestions and complaints to help improve the (already pretty awesome) BB10 operating system.

10 Biggest BlackBerry 10 Annoyances
    kemayou likes this.
    04-03-13 09:05 PM
    The article's right. They are all annoyances. Hope BBRY fixes these soon. Some are more irritating than others.
    04-03-13 09:14 PM
    Annoyances? I think the writer nailed it on the head with the last one "this might sound like whining" because that's all it is. Stop comparing it to a phone, the iPhone, that you're used to. None of whats listed as "annoyances" are actual annoyances to me and half of them aren't even accurate lol spend time with your phone before trash talking it.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-03-13 09:28 PM
    2. Airplane mode is in the same spot on BB10 as on iOS.

3. Games are designed to have a more narrow bezel and swipe zone to avoid accidently swiping up while playing.

4. Just hit "Active Downloads" and you will be able to open after it's done installing.

6. The Hub has to gather a lot of info, will speed up with maturity.

10.Not hidden, pretty much consistent with every app on the phone.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-03-13 09:33 PM
    Top annoyances of an iPhone:

1) It's an iPhone
    2) It doesn't multitask worth a ****, just fix it
    3) It's been the same for almost 6 years, just fix it
    4) The keyboard sucks, just fix it
    5) The lightning connector is unnecessarily proprietary, just use USB stupid
    6) The ecosystem is too restrictive, fix it
    7) No HDMI port built-in, fix it
    8) No built-in DLNA, fix it
    9) I can't get all of my messages in one place like the HUB, fix it
    10 I have to keep mashing the home button to do ANYTHING, fix it

OK... I'm just having some fun here... I don't hate on any platform at all. They are all good for various people for various reasons. I do get the feeling that OP is hoping to try and improve things, but I'm a happy guy I must say. Just please OP... Don't try to turn this thing into an iPhone OK?
    deezy87, ESCON, Vorkosigan and 6 others like this.
    04-03-13 10:07 PM
    Only like 3 of those are really valid, things like the music and third party apps make sense, but some were pointless and seemed based on a I want a me to type function. Not to say bb10 doesn't need work, but some of these are wrong, like the email for example, unless he meant auto correct which is pointless in that text field. I could be wrong.

Annoyances of BB10-air_20130404_00000.jpg

Posted via CB10
    anon(2757538) likes this.
    04-04-13 02:28 AM
    This guy seems to complain about having to tap a menu button to do something, bit apparently has no trouble pushing the home button on the iPhone to stop what he's doing to move to another app. Seems a tad hypocritical. What it really fells like he was struggling to come up with real reasons.

Spoon Fed, indeed. He seems to want everything done for him the way Apple does it.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-04-13 03:36 AM
    1. E-mail Addresses Don't Auto-Complete
    They do work for me, so i'm not sure what's going on with the writer's phone.
    2. Hidden Airplane Mode
    Valid complain, though as mentioned, it is hidden on iOS as well. But still, its not a valid excuse. It is always nicer to have more settings available, like location, brightness, NFC, etc. Android's quick setting is a great example.
    3. Swiping to Close Apps Doesn't Always Work
    Disagree. As mentioned it was meant to be harder to activate to prevent accidental swipe. It can be irritating when you're in a game and you accidentally swipe up, kinda kills the momentum. Also disagree with having the bezel with BlackBerry logo always be home button, with a OS like BB10, that has peek gesture, it doesn't really work. Its not a button to go "HOME", but its the gesture. No matter which app you're in, no matter what orientation, you "SWIPE UP" to go home. Compared to other platform, where if you're in landscape, the "HOME: button is on the right or left, then in portrait the "HOME" button is on the bottom, isn't that more confusing? Having the home gesture always at the bottom no matter orientation is the better option imo.
    4. BlackBerry App World's Dead End
    As mentioned, you can swipe down to show active downloads, and then open newly downloaded app from there. Granted, it can be made a little easier, but its not exactly a dead end.
    5. Maps App Stuck in Portrait Mode
    Totally valid, Maps need much work.
    6. An Eternity to Reboot
    Totally valid concern on a full reboot, not that you need to do so often. But imagine in a scenario where you need to make an urgent phone call and the battery dies. You need to swap out battery, or plug in and turn on again, and those relatively longer boot time on BB10 can feel like an eternity. BB Hub does take a while, as does contacts. While valid concerns, i'm not sure what BB can do about it since there is much integration to social networks, preparing inbox from multiple apps, etc.
    7. Can't Control Third-Party Music Apps While Multitasking
    Again, a valid concern.
    8. The Camera Lock Screen Shortcut Is Too Slow
    Valid concern. It can be a little faster.
    9. Don’t Supply Two Settings Menus for Apps
    I'm kinda with the writer on this. Normally, settings would be swipe from the top down in an app. However in some instances, like browser and Hub, the settings menu is on the bottom right menu "3 dots". Browser when you swipe down, it shows the page name. In Hub, swipe down is quick settings, which i'm not sure is necessary, i'm guessing they want to have the time always on screen, and quick settings does show date too. Its a minor annoyance, but once you use BB10 for a while, you know which apps will not have the settings at the top, and frankly, there are very few of them. BUT, it will give it a little more uniformity to have settings always appear in the same location.
    10. Hidden Bcc and Delete Options in Email
    Well, perhaps having a settings to always show BCC, or hide it would help. But its not a big deal for me, since I rarely use this function. On the writer's complain about having to go into a menu before deleting, its not exactly true. I can tap and hold a message, then simply glide my finger over to delete, and upon lifting my finger, it will delete the email. Technically, one touch too.
    SDTRMG and marcati like this.
    04-04-13 05:19 AM
    He hit the nail on the head... he only had 10 annoyances?! I can go further...

1. Double tap to zoom is very slow and inaccurate
    2. Web Browser inconsistent.... it is a gesture based OS but I need to hit a back button to go to my previous webpage... Google Chrome for android has better gestures than BB10 web browser
    3. Text Reflow..... non existent
    4. No battery percentage meter?
    5. When downloading something in the BB10 browser it pops you to view what you are downloading? Why, it should just happen in the background and have the ability for me to view it when I want. Androids Notification Shade does wonders with this... uninteruppted
    6. BB World... no way at a glance to see what apps you have already downloaded while browsing for new apps...
    7. No ability to interact with anything on the lockscreen except for the slowazz camera function...
    8. hub notifications are not smart... if I get a notification while I am in an app and I peek to see it.. it should show me the notification or the message.. not my last message or landing point
    9. Settings app is SLOOOOOW
    10. No lockscreen pin code entry?!
    11. Zero native BB10 integration with 3rd party Photo Storage, they have dropbox but no Facebook albums intergration? Picasa? flickr?
    12. No native ability to change LED colors per notification?! There is Hub ++, but the app must remain opened
    13. No time reminders in the remember app...

All of this can be fixed via OS updates... some I feel are bugs... others I feel are nice to haves that would put it in line with other Os's. That is my list without even mentioning the abysmal app situation that could in extend BB10 core OS functionality(As it does with Android and iOS).
    04-04-13 11:27 AM

2. Web Browser inconsistent.... it is a gesture based OS but I need to hit a back button to go to my previous webpage... Google Chrome for android has better gestures than BB10 web browser
    5. When downloading something in the BB10 browser it pops you to view what you are downloading? Why, it should just happen in the background and have the ability for me to view it when I want. Androids Notification Shade does wonders with this... uninteruppted
    6. BB World... no way at a glance to see what apps you have already downloaded while browsing for new apps...
    7. No ability to interact with anything on the lockscreen except for the slowazz camera function...
    8. hub notifications are not smart... if I get a notification while I am in an app and I peek to see it.. it should show me the notification or the message.. not my last message or landing point
    11. Zero native BB10 integration with 3rd party Photo Storage, they have dropbox but no Facebook albums intergration? Picasa? flickr?
    12. No native ability to change LED colors per notification?! There is Hub ++, but the app must remain opened

All of this can be fixed via OS updates... some I feel are bugs... others I feel are nice to haves that would put it in line with other Os's. That is my list without even mentioning the abysmal app situation that could in extend BB10 core OS functionality(As it does with Android and iOS).
    7. No ability to interact with anything on the lockscreen except for the slowazz camera function... Erm its a lock screen. Why would you access anything from a lock screen? Not even possible on DROID or ios. Agreed though that slow *** camera button needs to be sorted

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-04-13 12:33 PM
    7. No ability to interact with anything on the lockscreen except for the slowazz camera function... Erm its a lock screen. Why would you access anything from a lock screen? Not even possible on DROID or ios. Agreed though that slow *** camera button needs to be sorted

Posted via CB10
    What I mean is, If I have an email notification, I should be able to swipe it from the lockscreen and have it take me to the notification. iOS does this
    04-04-13 01:11 PM

Posted via CB10
    With a simple app on 4.2 you can use dashclock widget that has about a 100 extensions that provide stuff you can do on the lock screen. So yes, it is possible.

Also you can swipe down on the lock screen and see you notifications and change your settings for wifi, brightness, etc..

Just hate when people post things as fact...
    04-04-13 01:23 PM
    What an irony, we want something different so we buy a different phone, then we wonder why it doesn't have the same thing as the other phone....
    04-04-13 01:26 PM
    I hear that
    04-04-13 03:46 PM
    With a simple app on 4.2 you can use dashclock widget that has about a 100 extensions that provide stuff you can do on the lock screen. So yes, it is possible.

Also you can swipe down on the lock screen and see you notifications and change your settings for wifi, brightness, etc..

Just hate when people post things as fact...
    Technically is fact. Its not a standard feature. You have to install an app to be able to do this. Im sure sort of app like this will be able to function on BB10 in the near future
    04-04-13 03:48 PM
    Technically is fact. Its not a standard feature. You have to install an app to be able to do this. Im sure sort of app like this will be able to function on BB10 in the near future
    Sorry, your post didn't say not even possible without an app, your post made it sound like there was no way it could be done.

Also you can access all of this...Also you can swipe down on the lock screen and see you notifications and change your settings for wifi, brightness, etc.. without an app. FYI.

I won't bring any more facts, I will just blindly hate on other OS to prove my point... Seems the norm.
    04-04-13 04:54 PM
    On stock jelly beans 4.2.2 on my Nexus 4, I can set up lock screen widgets. Lol. Press button to wake screen, then swipe left for camera, right for customisable items, like calendar, emails, messages, etc. No app needed. Just stock Android. Of course swiping down in love screen also shows notifications.

Posted via CB10
    TWISM likes this.
    04-04-13 05:48 PM

Agree with basically all of the points you listed. These are things BlackBerry need to work on. Nice list.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 05:59 PM
    On stock jelly beans 4.2.2 on my Nexus 4, I can set up lock screen widgets. Lol. Press button to wake screen, then swipe left for camera, right for customisable items, like calendar, emails, messages, etc. No app needed. Just stock Android. Of course swiping down in love screen also shows notifications.

Posted via CB10
    I forgot about that, but you are right.
    04-04-13 07:46 PM
    Remember.

Ver 1.0 OS.
    syselek likes this.
    04-05-13 04:02 PM
    What I mean is, If I have an email notification, I should be able to swipe it from the lockscreen and have it take me to the notification. iOS does this
    Uh, that's why they call it a LOCK screen. Perhaps you don't mind if anyone off the street can pick up your phone and read your messages...but lots of people have an issue with that.
    eninrebmun and sanjk1 like this.
    04-05-13 06:10 PM
    Annoyance of bb10:

Multiple threads like these listing the same problems others already have, and some have even found solutions for if you'd search.

o_0, not trying to sound rude, but it's true.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 06:15 PM
    In a few days from now I can post a list of details that need fixing. Others can add to it.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 06:40 PM
    Uh, that's why they call it a LOCK screen. Perhaps you don't mind if anyone off the street can pick up your phone and read your messages...but lots of people have an issue with that.
    This!

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 07:06 PM
    In my opinion its a lock screen... Its there to not let anyone use or access your phone. even if I could get an app to change settings and see notifications I wouldn't get it. I can go to a party and put my phone down and not worry about anyone hacking it. And as for a pin as a unlock feature I wouldn't want that either, 4 numbers are a lot easier to figure out than the a full alphabet of possible combinations

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 07:07 PM
57 123