Ive just upgraded my daughter 's iPad 2 into iOS 7 last night and figured out that the analog clock icon is counting the time.
    Yes, the very thin "sweep" seconds hand moves to show the seconds.

Pretty cool, right!?

Wondering BlackBerry 10 OS can do the same?

~ It's not a phone, it's a BlackBerry
    11-26-13 11:58 PM
    Ive just upgraded my daughter 's iPad 2 into iOS 7 last night and figured out that the analog clock icon is counting the time.
    Yes, the very thin "sweep" seconds hand moves to show the seconds.

Pretty cool, right!?

Wondering BlackBerry 10 OS can do the same?

No i dont think we have that feature

Posted on my Z10 via CB10
    11-27-13 12:15 AM
    No i dont think we have that feature

Posted on my Z10 via CB10
    Just stared at the clock icon like a moron for a minute or two. It doesn't move, but it does say 10:10.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 12:21 AM
    Ha ha, it does say 10:10 and 1 second.

Do you know in term of architecture/structure...(well Im not an operating system expert), can QNX allow developers do the same we see the clock icon performs on iOS?

11-27-13 02:26 AM

Do you know in term of architecture/structure...(well Im not an operating system expert), can QNX allow developers do the same we see the clock icon performs on iOS?

I wouldn't see why not

The Final Destination - 859 Portage ave, Clothing|Footwear|Headwear|Headshop|Tobacconist|Ta ttoos - C00016D82
    11-27-13 03:17 AM
    Any data to support your comment?

I would feel sad (bad) if they don't have it in 10.3.

I wouldn't see why not

The Final Destination - 859 Portage ave, Clothing|Footwear|Headwear|Headshop|Tobacconist|Ta ttoos - C00016D82

11-27-13 05:44 AM
    Really? A sweeping second hand is cool feature that would bring users back? You're very easily entertained.

Z10 10.2.0.1791 via CB10
    11-27-13 08:37 AM

QNX, yes. Cascades would need major additions. And to what gain? To consume battery power and CPU cycles for no operational gain.

A better question is can iOS developers do the same thing with their apps, or is it just a quiff Apple added to their clock?

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 09:22 AM
    Any data to support your comment?

I would feel sad (bad) if they don't have it in 10.3.

I don't have the data to support it but with bb10 being a modern o's I'm sure it would only take BlackBerry doing the coding work.

I also agree with Richard that would be a "Better Question".

QNX, yes. Cascades would need major additions. And to what gain? To consume battery power and CPU cycles for no operational gain.

A better question is can iOS developers do the same thing with their apps, or is it just a quiff Apple added to their clock?

Posted via CB10

11-27-13 11:06 AM
    Since you could change the icon in BBOS you could do that on a legacy device, but no one would use your application for long because it would kill the device performance.

What would be nice is to be able to select one of a number of icons. This would be good for clocks, weather, etc. Calendar is able to do this now, though I suspect that the icon is created on the fly by placing a label on a blank calendar.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 11:50 AM
    Really? A sweeping second hand is cool feature that would bring users back? You're very easily entertained.

Z10 10.2.0.1791 via CB10
    It is honestly so much more about the cute fun things now. As users get younger their attention span shortens too. Gotta keep it fun!

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 01:00 PM
    It is a cool thing, isn't it?

I use BlackBerry devices for years till using now as daily drivers so I won't comment on ... your saying about 'easily entertained'.

Let just keep on technical things. How they do that? Can we do that?

Z10 10.2.0.1791 via CB10
    11-27-13 03:56 PM
    It is a cool thing, isn't it?

I use BlackBerry devices for years till using now as daily drivers so I won't comment on ... your saying about 'easily entertained'.

Let just keep on technical things. How they do that? Can we do that?
    It's not some voodoo magic to make a sweeping second hand on a UI clock, it has nothing to do with QNX or iOS, but plain UI programming. YES BB10 can do the same thing and no, it's not cool (IMHO).

What would be "cool" are useful UI features such as Cinnamon Toast.

Z10 10.2.0.1791 via CB10
    11-28-13 08:11 AM
    The only changing icon on BB10 is the calendar. A changing clock icon would be a little much, but I would enjoy having the weather app icon change periodically to current weather. Had that feature on my old 8530 and made it a cinch to quickly see what the weather was doing.
    11-28-13 08:45 AM
    The only changing icon on BB10 is the calendar. A changing clock icon would be a little much, but I would enjoy having the weather app icon change periodically to current weather. Had that feature on my old 8530 and made it a cinch to quickly see what the weather was doing.
    Headless Apps is in 10.2. It can be done.
    11-28-13 01:31 PM
    If you open the clock app it counts by the second

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 05:49 PM
    Yet they couldn't figure out how to get the weather icon to show anything other than 73 degrees so instead they made it static lol. 7+ iterations, we lose weather but gain seconds, good deal... I guess.
    11-28-13 05:58 PM
    Just stared at the clock icon like a moron for a minute or two. It doesn't move, but it does say 10:10.

Posted via CB10
    Hahaha wow great find!

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 11:22 PM
    Yet they couldn't figure out how to get the weather icon to show anything other than 73 degrees so instead they made it static lol. 7+ iterations, we lose weather but gain seconds, good deal... I guess.
    Guess the TAT person in charge of pretty headless APP design jumped shop lol

Z10 10.2.0.1791 via CB10
    11-29-13 06:30 AM