01-31-17 04:12 PM
184 12345 ...
tools
    I still dont know why there is so much panic just because of whats app and that too right now. save this panic for future when may be whatsapp become like snapchat.. :-p but who cares those who use whatsapp use Facebook nd we can chat over fb messenger... but what am thinking is that this maY be a startegy to revive bbm.. just think for a second. You may have 100 contacts on your whats app.. so you may chat with some of your best friend regular. If whats app shut down then believe me our bffs make goddam joke of you i know mine will make joke of me but they download bbm for sure so this might create a chain of event and may be eventually revive bbm nd bbry to some extent... and as far as i think this is possible..
    What about you all?

Posted via CB10
    android defector likes this.
    03-25-16 02:32 PM
    And yes wifi calls, audio clips...all works!

Posted via Passport SE Maximus Productivity
    awesome, thanks a lot!

i'm glad i won't need a new phone then

is the install as simple as downloading this file: https://www.whatsapp.com/android/; then opening the file through the file browser and installing? i believe i don't need google playstore or any other files
    03-25-16 03:13 PM
    Correct! Download and install.
    Just updated on my Z10 and works perfect. Actually faster than stock whatsapp on my Passport. Get notifications on HUB on notification symbol and asterisk as usual. Don't get me wrong prefer stock BB10OS but good to know we can continue using this version that will probably end up in BlackBerry World by year end.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-16 04:37 PM
    is there a specific source for the android whatsapp apk? I tried one and even patched it. seemed to work fine except I could not send pics or vids. i could send contacts and receive all types of media. anyone experience this?
    03-27-16 11:54 PM
    Try downloading android whatsapp from 1mobile.com it works fine and you can send and receive attachments audio, video etc..

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 12:05 AM
    Thanks! However that version is for android 2.1 and higher, so eventually it will not be supported just like the bb10 version... is there a version for android 4.0 or higher that works for bb10? The current bb10 version is really good - I hope it keeps working in 2017

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 10:37 PM
    The way I understand this:
    1: BB10 devices have runtime 4.3 aka Jellybean
    2: more than 1/3 of worldwide Android devices are still either on Jellybean or below!
    3: with BB10 device you can use Android version of Whatsapp up to Jellybean level.
    4: whatsapp has announced with regards to Android no more support end of 2016 for 2.1 android version
    5: BB10 devices can work perfectly with current version of whatsapp. On my Z10 downloaded latest whatsapp published and works perfectly
    6: when and if whatsapp announces NO more support for 4.3 then we can discuss alternatives

My opinion and hope clear.

Regards

Posted via CB10
    elfabio80 likes this.
    03-29-16 08:48 AM
    I only use whatsapp via the hub, rarely use the app, I will miss hub intergration!

Swiped on my beautiful Passport!
    03-29-16 12:20 PM
    Android whatsapp has HUB integration. You get notifications via Notification "bell". You also get the Spark notice. Tested and worked fine in 3yr old Z10

03-29-16 12:33 PM
    It obviously works like android Viber by giving notification in the hub.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-16 04:21 PM
    but who cares those who use whatsapp use Facebook nd we can chat over fb messenger...
    Is this a cruel joke?
    04-05-16 08:10 AM
    Hallo guys am off topic bit though needed to know of Facebook messenger if it works I tried but It failed

Posted via CB10
    04-15-16 12:06 PM
    Yes. Facebook android version works fine. But my suggestion is using @Face10 I personally like the layout way better than Facebook and a developer @Nemory that keeps on supporting and updating!

04-17-16 06:44 AM
    I hope that Chen is able to somehow manage a deal with whatsapp. Even if they stop developing and introducing new features, it could maybe at least be possible, that the current version keeps working.

The existence of BlackBerry10 (even just as a corporate platform) depends on a working whatsapp!

Posted via CB10
    04-26-16 09:43 AM
    On my Z10 using android version of whatsapp! And you know what? Not all OS's are the same!

It works perfectly the android version on my 3 year old Z10! Yesssssss!!!

04-28-16 04:42 PM
    I have an issue with the android version of whatsapp because the messages come only when I open the app

Posted via CB10
    04-29-16 01:34 AM
    I installed the apk and everything was smooth, except for:
    1. Didn't import any of my contacts. My contacts are synced from my gmail but I don't think that should be a problem.
    2. Couldn't send images. It would always fail.
    04-29-16 09:23 AM
    I got the latest apk and installed it again. Contacts work but it takes a time to sync contacts so you need to wait for that. Images still don't send though, and it's a problem with their servers because it says "photo has not been received by the server yet."
    04-29-16 11:49 AM
    Yes if the answer if you refer to android version we are talking about here. Have sent complete songs without a hitch.

Can you send photos?
    05-01-16 02:12 AM
    Can you send photos?
    Hello

Yes can send videos and photos. No issues at all. Also receive notifications in the HUB in the * notification tab.

For me it works perfectly and downloaded apk file from whatsapp page. Regards

Posted via CB10
    05-01-16 03:00 AM
    Hello

Yes can send videos and photos. No issues at all. Also receive notifications in the HUB in the * notification tab.

For me it works perfectly and downloaded apk file from whatsapp page. Regards

Posted via CB10
    Do you mind telling me what version of the app you have? I'm sorry for bothering you but I have the latest apk and I am not able to send neither photos nor videos.

Edit: I just remembered you're running WhatsApp on a Z10. It seems that it's not fully functional on a Passport. I would still like to test the version you have if possible.
    05-01-16 08:11 AM
    Hello no bother that's what the community is for!
    Yes on my Z10 running Android whatsapp. On my Passport SE running current 10OS whatsapp.
    The Z10 version downloaded directly from whatsapp page link android. The version I have

Version: 2.12.510
    Let me know if works!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BlackZ10; 05-01-16 at 08:52 AM.
    royabsa likes this.
    05-01-16 08:39 AM
    Hello no bother that's what the community is for!
    Yes on my Z10 running Android whatsapp. On my Passport SE running current 10OS whatsapp.
    The Z10 version downloaded directly from whatsapp page link android. The version I have

Version: 2.12.510
    Let me know if works!

Posted via CB10
    hello, so the android version works fine on the z10 but seems to have some issues on the passport?
    anyone who tried the android version on passport can confirm the issues?
    what's your opinion about the possibility that a good client version will be released on bb world before the end of support of the official app? is it just a dream?
    05-02-16 12:44 PM
    hello, so the android version works fine on the z10 but seems to have some issues on the passport?
    anyone who tried the android version on passport can confirm the issues?
    what's your opinion about the possibility that a good client version will be released on bb world before the end of support of the official app? is it just a dream?
    Didn't work on my PP at all, I just went back to the native app. It's definitely some sort of problem between the app and the OS. The pictures / videos don't even get attached to be even sent out.

In other words, the app has a problem grabbing the photo/video from the gallery and sending it to whatsapp's servers.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-16 03:22 PM
    Didn't work on my PP at all, I just went back to the native app. It's definitely some sort of problem between the app and the OS. The pictures / videos don't even get attached to be even sent out.

In other words, the app has a problem grabbing the photo/video from the gallery and sending it to whatsapp's servers.

Posted via CB10
    What whatsapp version did you install on your Passport?

Posted via CB10
    05-02-16 04:26 PM
184 12345 ...