To be honest, I have the exact same opinion as Conite. WhatsApp for BlackBerry 10 is one of the best built app ever and provides the best experience possible for BlackBerry 10 users.

I'm not a WhatsApp user, but if I were, I would stay away from the Android version unless that's my only alternative.

Having said that, I saw in CB that a lot of people were just impatient to use an unsupported version of an app that was not meant to be run on their device, and looking at those "WhatsApp Android" thread, most were complaining about the sharing media files option which was broken. I couldn't care less, but I then saw dkonigsberg_wa answer on why it was not working and immediately thought that it would be easy to fix. That's what I did.

Do I recommend using WhatsApp Android + WAA Fixer over WhatsApp for BlackBerry 10 ?
    ABSOLUTELY NOT !!!

But if you do want to get a worse experience, go ahead and use WhatsApp Android and install my app if you want to share media files.

Hope I didn't disappointed anyone with my reply, still committed to build BlackBerry 10 quality apps and trying to help whenever I can.

Posted via CB10
    Your on to something, it might the reason why certain Android apps like Boomerang won't save.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-16 01:40 AM
    There you go, WAA Fixer is now available in Beta Zone.

Doesn't work with videos, but should work with all other medias.

Remember:
    I'm not a WhatsApp user, so I don't really know what to test and barely have contacts to test my WAA Fixer app. EXPECT BUGS !!!!

WAA Fixer stands for WhatsApp Android Fixer. I know, it's ugly.
    Please how i can download WAA Fixer.. please i need this!
    07-14-16 12:21 PM
    If you get the "google play services message" press the "back button", located in the bottom left corner, instead of "ok". That should then take you to the restore chat page.
    07-14-16 01:14 PM
    Please how i can download WAA Fixer.. please i need this!

The answer is right in the post you are responding to. It is in the beta Zone.
    07-14-16 01:17 PM
    The answer is right in the post you are responding to. It is in the beta Zone.

I do not get to download for it .. can you please pass the link ? in pm
    07-14-16 04:01 PM
    I do not get to download for it .. can you please pass the link ? in pm
    You can't link to it.

On BB10, download the BlackBerry betazone app from BBW.
    07-14-16 04:10 PM
    Oops, too slow...sorry.
    07-14-16 04:14 PM
    You can't link to it.

On BB10, download the BlackBerry betazone app from BBW.
    Hi, I downloaded Blackberry Betazone from Blackberry World and selected WAA Fixer and but when I join and agree to the terms and conditions I get the following message:

"The registration you are trying to access is no longer available."

Do you know what this is about?
    07-14-16 05:45 PM
    Hi, I downloaded Blackberry Betazone from Blackberry World and selected WAA Fixer and but when I join and agree to the terms and conditions I get the following message:

"The registration you are trying to access is no longer available."

Do you know what this is about?
    Exit betazone app, and start it again.
    07-14-16 06:12 PM
    Hate to say it but I finally left blackberry for this and so many reasons. Been a die hard since my 8700 with the track wheel!
    That being said I moved begrudgingly to.iphone. Ya I know. Don't say it. But at least it freaking works.

I managed to migrate everything including text chats and what's app chats to the iPhone. What's app was a pain but it's doable.

I tried to load the android what's app version from snap but that doesn't log in anymore. Could take it any longer!

Posted via CB10
    07-14-16 09:09 PM
    Exit betazone app, and start it again.
    Hey man, how i can pass from the screen "looking for backups'? Still forever in this screen...
    07-14-16 10:00 PM
    Hey man, how i can pass from the screen "looking for backups'? Still forever in this screen...

If you get the "google play services message" press the "back button", located in the bottom left corner, instead of "ok" on the google play services. That should then take you to the restore chat page where you can choose to restore your whatsapp chat history or not instead of taking you to looking for backups.
    07-15-16 05:03 AM
    Cheers @conite. I did that and have WAA Fixer now but I still can't send images on Whatsapp. Do you know if it takes a while. When I open WAA Fixer it asks me to press retry if sending the image fails on whatsapp. Is that normal?
    07-15-16 05:12 AM
    Cheers @conite. I did that and have WAA Fixer now but I still can't send images on Whatsapp. Do you know if it takes a while. When I open WAA Fixer it asks me to press retry if sending the image fails on whatsapp. Is that normal?
    WAA Fixer won't be able to send media files that failed to send BEFORE you installed WAA Fixer.

I should remove that text from the app as it's misleading and mostly false.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-16 05:24 AM
    WAA Fixer won't be able to send media files that failed to send BEFORE you installed WAA Fixer.

I should remove that text from the app as it's misleading and mostly false.

Posted via CB10
    Sweet. Thanks for sharing all your fixes and insights guys. Sending images is working like a charm now.
    07-15-16 09:54 AM
    I managed to get Whatsapp installed but the contact list has been reduced to only less than twenty contacts. Where did they go?

Posted via CB10
    07-15-16 10:24 PM
    Download wAfixer from betazone

Posted via CB10
    07-16-16 05:38 AM
    I managed to get Whatsapp installed but the contact list has been reduced to only less than twenty contacts. Where did they go?

Posted via CB10
    Let the app 'process' for a few days. This happened to me and I saw after a day or two it recognised all the contacts.

Posted via PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    07-16-16 06:10 AM

Posted via CB10
    Is your contact list backed up to an cloud service like Gmail or outlook under account? I had the same issue, what I did was I deleted the account and readded it. This worked for me.

Posted via CB10
    bloke1 likes this.
    07-16-16 10:50 AM
    Is it just me or does Android WhatsApp on Blackbery 10 OS drain the battery quite a lot?
    07-16-16 05:29 PM
    Is it just me or does Android WhatsApp on Blackbery 10 OS drain the battery quite a lot?
    Sure. You are running Android on top of BB10.

Use the native app until you can't. There is NO advantage to using the Android app now.
    07-16-16 05:43 PM
    Also, does Android WhatsApp on Blackbery 10 OS become lag a little a while after installing?
    07-16-16 05:43 PM
    Sure. You are running Android on top of BB10.

Use the native app until you can't. There is NO advantage to using the Android app now.
    @conite. I've been getting registration issues with the Blackberry WhatsApp since I did a factory restore so I switched to the Android version which I prefer the aesthetics and ease of use of. I like the speed of the Blackberry Whatsapp and hub integration. I'll keep trying to register my phone number to see if it goes through.
    07-16-16 05:51 PM
    Also, does Android WhatsApp on Blackbery 10 OS become lag a little a while after installing?
    Yes. With time, you won't be able to send an emoji at all because when you click the native app emoji button, there's a glitch where the tab of your most frequent used emojis covers your whole screen (tested with a Passport) and basically you no longer have the option to click on the 'send' button.

I don't remember if making the enter key = send key in the setting could potentially be an alternative to the above glitch.

Posted via PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    07-16-16 06:27 PM
    Android whatsapp-img_20160717_161245.png
    Now whenever I open whatsapp I get this message. I cant skip this as it forces me to select my google account and during authentication it will freeze.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-16 03:14 AM
184 ... 5678