@Conite. Respectfully stated Man. These are just thoughts and hopes. Maybe this Maybe that. We are not losing anything by stimulating are thought process. Any way.. it's not the end of the world,,, there is always light at the end. Optimism or fools paradise what ever one calls it.. never hurts.

Posted via CB10
    My point was that there is no point to waste your time with the android app, when there is a perfectly good native version. They will both stop working at the same time, so there is no reason to fiddle with the android app.
    07-08-16 11:34 AM
    @ Conite, Roger Boss.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-16 11:44 AM
    There you go, WAA Fixer is now available in Beta Zone.

Doesn't work with videos, but should work with all other medias.

Remember:
    I'm not a WhatsApp user, so I don't really know what to test and barely have contacts to test my WAA Fixer app. EXPECT BUGS !!!!

WAA Fixer stands for WhatsApp Android Fixer. I know, it's ugly.
    07-08-16 12:19 PM
    @ Rodger Leblanc, could you please share how were you able to send images on WhatsApp android?

Posted via CB10
    I'll probably open-source it when the app is finished, until then it's all magic!

Honestly, read dkonigsberg_wa explanation why it doesn't work and you should understand pretty easily what my app is doing.

Posted via CB10
    noorabdullah likes this.
    07-08-16 12:28 PM
    We could go back to SMS and MMS.

Think about the support we give to the telecom industry.

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    07-08-16 12:35 PM
    The WhatsApp developer said that both the Android version and native version of the app will be blocked for BB10 devices on Dec 31.

So why not just stick to the native version until then. Why fuss with the Android app?
    I never said the Android version would be blocked for BB10 devices on Dec 31.

That being said, running the Android version on BB10 devices is not supported. That means any BB10-specific bugs are unlikely to be fixed, customer support is unlikely to respond to issues, and there's no guarantee it'll continue to be usable in perpetuity. It also does not provide an optimal user experience, due to the lack of Google Play Services.
    07-08-16 01:05 PM

That being said, running the Android version on BB10 devices is not supported. That means any BB10-specific bugs are unlikely to be fixed, customer support is unlikely to respond to issues, and there's no guarantee it'll continue to be usable in perpetuity. It also does not provide an optimal user experience, due to the lack of Google Play Services.
    Thank you for clearing that up. It had been reported that you had wrote otherwise.
    07-08-16 01:11 PM
    Thank god.

Posted via PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    07-08-16 01:15 PM
    YESSSS! Thank you!!!!!! Got it since BlackBerry probably won't keep it.

Posted via PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    07-08-16 01:16 PM

Doesn't work with videos, but should work with all other medias.

Remember:
    I'm not a WhatsApp user, so I don't really know what to test and barely have contacts to test my WAA Fixer app. EXPECT BUGS !!!!

WAA Fixer stands for WhatsApp Android Fixer. I know, it's ugly.
    Amazing, works like a charm for Photos, wow thanks

Posted via CB10
    07-08-16 01:18 PM
    I'll probably open-source it when the app is finished, until then it's all magic!

Honestly, read dkonigsberg_wa explanation why it doesn't work and you should understand pretty easily what my app is doing.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks Man, it works. Great.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-16 01:27 PM

Thanks for clearing things up. Hope you don't lock us out just by using a BlackBerry. I really enjoy WhatsApp it is easy too keep in touch with people and hope I will be able to do this in the future.

Posted via CB10
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    07-08-16 02:54 PM

Posted via CB10
    Wonderful, now how about solving my problem on getting stuck in the Looking for Backups screen? Honestly, I have reinstalled different versions of the apk but problem remains.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-16 02:41 AM
    Thank you for clearing that up. It had been reported that you had wrote otherwise.
    Shock horror: your doom-and-gloom forecasts were incorrect...

PP SE - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    07-09-16 03:49 AM
    Shock horror: your doom-and-gloom forecasts were incorrect...

dkonigsberg_wa also stated:
    "That being said, running the Android version on BB10 devices is not supported. That means any BB10-specific bugs are unlikely to be fixed, customer support is unlikely to respond to issues, and there's no guarantee it'll continue to be usable in perpetuity. It also does not provide an optimal user experience, due to the lack of Google Play Services."

No support, no bugfixes, no one to turn to when it eventually stops working.

Just keeping it real... No "doom-and-gloom" intended.
    Last edited by johnny_bravo72; 07-09-16 at 04:23 AM.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    07-09-16 04:04 AM
    dkonigsberg_wa also stated:
    "That being said, running the Android version on BB10 devices is not supported. That means any BB10-specific bugs are unlikely to be fixed, customer support is unlikely to respond to issues, and there's no guarantee it'll continue to be usable in perpetuity. It also does not provide an optimal user experience, due to the lack of Google Play Services."

No support, no bugfixes, no one to turn to when it eventually stops working.
    My take on what had taken place here:
    Cell Ninja provides an ingenious solution for the android version of WhatsApp post-2016. Conite, on the other hand, notices this and instantly springs into action to sprinkle some negativity on the viable solution, and by doing so is essentially giving the two-fingered salute to Cell Ninja's efforts.

My main issue is that these forums are rife with pessimism as of late (most of it valid, and with good reason). However, there are many that apply pessimism to everything. Worst of all, that pessimism is being applied to positive things like Cell Ninjas free and ingenious work-around.

Gallofa and JG_Agustin like this.
    07-09-16 04:27 AM
    Does it notify you on incoming messages? If yes, how?

Posted via CB10
    07-09-16 07:48 AM
    My take on what had taken place here:
    Cell Ninja provides an ingenious solution for the android version of WhatsApp post-2016. Conite, on the other hand, notices this and instantly springs into action to sprinkle some negativity on the viable solution, and by doing so is essentially giving the two-fingered salute to Cell Ninja's efforts.

My main issue is that these forums are rife with pessimism as of late (most of it valid, and with good reason). However, there are many that apply pessimism to everything. Worst of all, that pessimism is being applied to positive things like Cell Ninjas free and ingenious work-around.

Actually, I have been suggesting all along, on various threads, to keep using the native solution until such time that it doesn't work. At that point, we can see what options are available. I just don't see much point in fussing around with less workable solutions until such time that it's actually needed.

I'm not taking away anything from people who are working an alternatives in the background for when the day finally arrives. Kudos to CellNinja.
    07-09-16 08:05 AM
    Thanks Conite for setting the record straight! Coming from you which has worked and dedicated so much of your time to helping 10OS users have full Play Store access. Fully agree that all alternative solutions are greatly welcomed.

Posted via Passport SE Maximus Productivity
    07-09-16 08:24 AM
    To be honest, I have the exact same opinion as Conite. WhatsApp for BlackBerry 10 is one of the best built app ever and provides the best experience possible for BlackBerry 10 users.

I'm not a WhatsApp user, but if I were, I would stay away from the Android version unless that's my only alternative.

Having said that, I saw in CB that a lot of people were just impatient to use an unsupported version of an app that was not meant to be run on their device, and looking at those "WhatsApp Android" thread, most were complaining about the sharing media files option which was broken. I couldn't care less, but I then saw dkonigsberg_wa answer on why it was not working and immediately thought that it would be easy to fix. That's what I did.

Do I recommend using WhatsApp Android + WAA Fixer over WhatsApp for BlackBerry 10 ?
    ABSOLUTELY NOT !!!

But if you do want to get a worse experience, go ahead and use WhatsApp Android and install my app if you want to share media files.

Hope I didn't disappointed anyone with my reply, still committed to build BlackBerry 10 quality apps and trying to help whenever I can.

Posted via CB10
    JG_Agustin, Uzi, conite and 5 others like this.
    07-09-16 08:34 AM
    Can I ask what are the advantages of whatsapp compared to BBM.
    07-09-16 08:11 PM
    Can I ask what are the advantages of whatsapp compared to BBM.
    Not much...just that whatsapp has over 1 billion active users and BBM has over 150 million. So when people say..i will send it..or send it to me...via whatsapp..its a very large part of the world requesting this! Besides this User point..yes BBM is better. But the masses speak and they speak..whatsapp!

Posted via Passport SE Maximus Productivity
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    07-09-16 08:21 PM
    Thank you I personally don't know anyone that uses it so I was wondering what all the talk was about.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-16 08:26 PM
    The native BB10 app will work for quite a while! It just won't be updated. Have confidence in the BB10 developers! They have made improved versions of all social apps that have threatened to leave.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-16 09:03 PM
    BBos is slowly dying .... why BB does not publishing the android version to flush it ? Android can run very well on passport and even if android is not supporting 1:1 screen ratio who cares ?
    07-10-16 12:02 PM
184 ... 45678