What whatsapp version did you install on your Passport?

Posted via CB10
    I had Version 2.16.55. I tried to downgrade to 2.12 but when registering my sim card, it tells me that the app is now obsolete.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-16 06:48 PM
    I had Version 2.16.55. I tried to downgrade to 2.12 but when registering my sim card, it tells me that the app is now obsolete.

Posted via CB10
    Hmmm! Also read that version you installed 2.16.55 is giving issues to Priv?! Interesting
    Have you checked in other APK sites what whatsapp versions are available? Again on my Z10 running very smooth Android whatsapp yes though an older version

Posted via Passport SE Maximus Productivity
    05-02-16 07:06 PM
    I'm having the same problem with the android version on passport

Posted via CB10
    05-02-16 11:50 PM
    Hmmm! Also read that version you installed 2.16.55 is giving issues to Priv?! Interesting
    Have you checked in other APK sites what whatsapp versions are available? Again on my Z10 running very smooth Android whatsapp yes though an older version

Yes I checked the logs. 2.12 versions if installed now are obsolete because 2.16 introduced encryption so now you're only allowed to install + register your SIM card with 2.16 and above.

It's obvious that the app no longer has access to the files stored on the phone. I can send a voice note, but sending a document/photo/video is impossible. To furthermore prove my theory, I tried putting a picture in my 'camera' folder as a wallpaper but it never set and the default stayed.

I hope BlackBerry actually does something about it if possible since the BB10 version will be obsolete as well come late 2016. If not then I'm going to be forced to get an Android or iOS.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-16 10:08 PM
    Hey broo I can't send images or songs through android WhatsApp on BlackBerry z10

Posted via CB10
    05-16-16 03:23 AM
    Hello

Yes can send videos and photos. No issues at all. Also receive notifications in the HUB in the * notification tab.

For me it works perfectly and downloaded apk file from whatsapp page. Regards

Posted via CB10
    Where did from you downloaded WhatsApp?? And which version???

Posted via CB10
    05-16-16 06:20 AM
    Sending media via Android WhatsApp on BlackBerry 10 fails because of an important difference between real Android and BlackBerry's Android Runtime.

When an Android app saves a file to the public shared filesystem on Android, that file is no longer owned by the application. It has a public user ID and permissions associated with it.
    When an Android app saves a file to the public shared filesystem on BlackBerry 10's Android Runtime, the file is created with the application's user ID.

When you send media in WhatsApp for Android, the application checks to ensure that you're *not* sending a file with the app's user ID, for security purposes. Thus, this check always fails on the Android Runtime. (even if the file originated from outside the app, the app first creates a copy of it, so the check on that copy will still fail.)

In other words, you'll continue to have this problem unless the BlackBerry 10 Android Runtime's behavior is fixed/changed.
    DrBoomBotz, Vuneu and skinnymike1 like this.
    05-16-16 12:14 PM
    The dreaded Android runtime problem...

*C5303
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    05-16-16 12:57 PM
    Sending media via Android WhatsApp on BlackBerry 10 fails because of an important difference between real Android and BlackBerry's Android Runtime.

When an Android app saves a file to the public shared filesystem on Android, that file is no longer owned by the application. It has a public user ID and permissions associated with it.
    When an Android app saves a file to the public shared filesystem on BlackBerry 10's Android Runtime, the file is created with the application's user ID.

When you send media in WhatsApp for Android, the application checks to ensure that you're *not* sending a file with the app's user ID, for security purposes. Thus, this check always fails on the Android Runtime. (even if the file originated from outside the app, the app first creates a copy of it, so the check on that copy will still fail.)

In other words, you'll continue to have this problem unless the BlackBerry 10 Android Runtime's behavior is fixed/changed.
    Good message but can confirm running the following APK whatsapp downloaded directly from whatsapp page and works perfectly on my Z10. No issues at all..ALL features work. My android runtime is the latest that BlackBerry had put on BlackBerry World.
    Version 2.12.510

Posted via CB10
    05-16-16 01:24 PM
    Good message but can confirm running the following APK whatsapp downloaded directly from whatsapp page and works perfectly on my Z10. No issues at all..ALL features work. My android runtime is the latest that BlackBerry had put on BlackBerry World.
    Version 2.12.510

Posted via CB10
    Can you send photos and videos?

Posted via CB10
    05-17-16 03:45 AM
    As I said..all features work

>send pictures: ok
    >send videos: ok
    >send audio: ok
    >phone whatsapp calls (outgoing and incoming)k

And I get notifications in the Hub in the notification bell symbol!

Whatsapp apk works perfect on my Z10. Tried as a test for my Z10 while on my Passport SE running with BB1OS whatsapp.

Good luck

05-17-16 04:02 AM
    Is it confirmed that the bbw whatsapp will cease to function, or will new releases just not be rolled out?

Posted via CB10
    05-17-16 06:05 AM
    No confirmation. The only news is what whatsapp reported. Nothing else. All could happen or nothing more.

05-17-16 08:13 AM
    Is there a fix to not being able to send pictures on android whatsapp?

Posted via CB10
    05-17-16 11:00 PM
    Is it confirmed that the bbw whatsapp will cease to function, or will new releases just not be rolled out?

Posted via CB10

Android whatsapp-img_20160518_061733.png

It will definitely stop working!!

Posted via CB10
    05-17-16 11:18 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160518_061733.png 
Views:	704 
Size:	175.1 KB 
ID:	400047

It will definitely stop working!!

Posted via CB10
    There is no confirmation.

It's more since the news came out with regards to BB10OS and whatsapp updates have come out! So basically we will see what happens.

No confirmation whatsoever what will happen! Any comments that are non official take in lightly.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-16 12:22 AM
    There is no confirmation.

It's more since the news came out with regards to BB10OS and whatsapp updates have come out! So basically we will see what happens.

No confirmation whatsoever what will happen! Any comments that are non official take in lightly.

Posted via CB10
    Pretty sure the comment that was posted is from a whatsapp employee so yes it will stop working.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-18-16 12:27 AM
    Pretty sure the comment that was posted is from a whatsapp employee so yes it will stop working.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    There's always going to be a group of people that are in denial mode...

Q10 - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    05-18-16 02:05 AM
    Hello all

as have mentioned have whatsapp apk version 2.12.510 installed on my Z10 with OS 10.3.2.2876 and latest BlackBerry runtime update installed. All features with whatsapp work.

Here is a link where to get..allthough you can Google for other sites

http://www.apk20.com/apk/4898/v/107004/

Hope it helps.

Stinky Stinky likes this.
    05-18-16 03:30 AM
    Hello all

as have mentioned have whatsapp apk version 2.12.510 installed on my Z10 with OS 10.3.2.2876 and latest BlackBerry runtime update installed. All features with whatsapp work.

Here is a link where to get..allthough you can Google for other sites

WhatsApp Messenger 2.12.510 (450993) APK Download

Hope it helps.

I want to say a very big THANK YOU to BlackZ10 buddy for helping me out!

He helped me my Whatsapp almost flawlessly w on on BlackBerry z10!

Whatsapp DOES work very well on my Z10 running latest (currently) os 10.3.2836 and Whatsapp apk android version is 2.12.510.

Sending photos does work! Only thing I have found currently to not work is Whatsapp calling feature but maybe it will work for you.

Pdf works. Audio recording will work but I struggle to send any other audio clips as it wants me to send an audio voice recording instead. I I other audio will sen but it will send voice recordings.

I currently have encryption on so I am going to try Whatsapp calling with it off a other to s h it goes! Very Very Very happy thank you very very very much BlackZ10!!!

Now I don't have to buy a new phone for a while hopefully as I love my z10.

I should have had encryption off in the beginning just in case only realised it was on now will get back to you guys just wanted to share the great news.

Sorry if this has been answered before guys.

Keep well regards

Stinky
    05-18-16 06:58 AM
    I want to say a very big THANK YOU to BlackZ10 buddy for helping me out!

He helped me my Whatsapp almost flawlessly w on on BlackBerry z10!

Whatsapp DOES work very well on my Z10 running latest (currently) os 10.3.2836 and Whatsapp apk android version is 2.12.510.

Sending photos does work! Only thing I have found currently to not work is Whatsapp calling feature but maybe it will work for you.

Pdf works. Audio recording will work but I struggle to send any other audio clips as it wants me to send an audio voice recording instead. I I other audio will sen but it will send voice recordings.

I currently have encryption on so I am going to try Whatsapp calling with it off a other to s h it goes! Very Very Very happy thank you very very very much BlackZ10!!!

Now I don't have to buy a new phone for a while hopefully as I love my z10.

I should have had encryption off in the beginning just in case only realised it was on now will get back to you guys just wanted to share the great news.

Sorry if this has been answered before guys.

Keep well regards

Stinky
    Hello Stinky!

Glad could help! And like I said yes apk version whatsapp 2.12.510 does work. With myself have ALL features working perfectly on my Z10.

Agree with you great OS and great devices. Go BlackBerry!

05-18-16 07:09 AM
    IMPORTANT; READ!

Guys, BlackZ10 (above me) is correct. I got 2.12.510 and everything works in the app itself (not sure about back up though). Sending videos, photos, documents works, you can even use the app camera!

This leads me to think WhatsApp may have broken something in 2.16.XXX because I tried a lot of 2.16 releases and NONE can send photos etc, while 2.12 can.

Some 2.12 releases have also become obsolete (you're not allowed to register your number). This means that eventually by late 2016, version 2.12.500 is gonna become obsolete. Can we do something and let WhatsApp know about this issue?

I know you're only responsible for BB10 development and sorry for the annoyance, but do you have any ideas what changed in 2.16 from 2.12 regarding the above concern?

Posted via PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    05-26-16 11:11 PM
    Hello from APK sites that list and publish what'spp APK links the difference saw is that with 2.16 the encryption started. With 2.12.510 to be specific no encryption an ALL features working perfect. Never have updated it and works PERFECT including whatsapp calls plus as you have seen sending and receiving audio, video and pdf's.

Regards and enjoy.
    05-27-16 12:10 AM
    By the way do not think will be obsolete in a long time as more than 50% of Android platform is using an older Android runtime tha what we have currently in BB10 OS. Before versi�n 2.12.510 there many more versions APK still running in Android devices that will be running as they do not have Runtime jellybean 4.3.
    Regards BlackZ10
    05-27-16 12:17 AM
    By the way do not think will be obsolete in a long time as more than 50% of Android platform is using an older Android runtime tha what we have currently in BB10 OS. Before versi�n 2.12.510 there many more versions APK still running in Android devices that will be running as they do not have Runtime jellybean 4.3.
    Regards BlackZ10
    I tested a version From November (that of 2.12.510 is mid March) and I got an 'obsolete' warning. They will use the API of Android 2.1 but versions of the app itself will eventually become obsolete with time.

Posted via PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    05-27-16 02:43 AM
184 ... 23456 ...