Anyone tried the android whatsapp? I installed it but it stuck on loading backup forever...if these basic apps aren't going to work then I want to get rid of my passport immediately...

Mia San Mia!
    03-19-16 03:30 PM
    So why don't you use the version from bbw then? I got it to work once but there was no reason to use the android version on my passport since there was no hub integration and some lags here and there.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by xKingHopy; 03-20-16 at 04:27 AM.
    03-19-16 05:12 PM
    Bud, the native app is going to be discontinued.

Mia San Mia!
    03-20-16 02:22 AM
    Don't be so sure. It works for now. Use it.
    03-20-16 02:53 AM
    Bud, the native app is going to be discontinued.

Mia San Mia!
    Yes, but he is saying the app is still available to use right now.. since it will be discontinued at the end of the year, just use that one now and use the android one much later on.

Posted via my Expired Passport
    03-20-16 03:31 AM
    I am using the native app now. Just wanted to try if the android version is working if the native app is discontinued. But it seems the android whatsapp is not working. It says it needs google play services and it stops at the loading backup page. After I patched it, the apps says there is an error occurred. So I want to find out if anyone tried to use the android version if it is working for you? Does this make it clear?

Mia San Mia!
    vttg likes this.
    03-20-16 05:35 AM
    Android WhatsApp Working fine in z30 but some time strucking

Posted via CB10
    03-20-16 08:41 AM
    I am using the native app now. Just wanted to try if the android version is working if the native app is discontinued. But it seems the android whatsapp is not working. It says it needs google play services and it stops at the loading backup page. After I patched it, the apps says there is an error occurred. So I want to find out if anyone tried to use the android version if it is working for you? Does this make it clear?

Mia San Mia!
    I downloaded WhatsApp and patched using both Decompile on and off. Both times after entering my phone number a pop-up indicating I needed the updated version from Play Store would appear.
    I didn't try the unpatched apk.
    Note: I did this just to help out. I don�t have any intention of using this app.
    03-20-16 09:46 AM
    I am using android version works fine no issues

Posted via CB10
    03-20-16 10:54 AM
    How is the speed? Do you get the message straight away? Mine is stuck on the loading backup page...

Mia San Mia!
    03-20-16 03:49 PM
    Whatsapp on BB10 is actually pretty good
    03-20-16 04:19 PM
    You DON'T actually need Google Service on android whatsapp. It's only needed IF you wish to keep backup on Google Drive. Which you don't. You can keep locally or on WA server. Just skip the option when it's asking about backing up to Google Drive. Back and continue the installation process.

WA notification exists in the Hub, but it's a bit different than the BBW version. The android WA tends to cluster many WA notifications in a single drawer on the hub. It shows on the hub, no doubt about it. But once you access this, and open one of those notifications, this drawer will cease to exist. It will no longer show on the hub until the next notification presents itself.

One thing I know for sure, the android version tends to suck up more battery juice than the BBW counterpart.
    03-21-16 11:01 AM
    Anyone tried the android whatsapp? I installed it but it stuck on loading backup forever...if these basic apps aren't going to work then I want to get rid of my passport immediately...

Mia San Mia!
    u need to patch it due to google drive sync
    03-21-16 12:50 PM
    u need to patch it due to google drive sync
    I tried patching it with decompile on and off. The app didn't work. It would let me get past putting in my phone number.
    Unpatched it let me continue past entering my phone number. I didn't go past receiving the SMS to confirm as I have no interest in using this app. I did it to just help those with installing issues.
    03-21-16 02:27 PM
    I took whatsapp off a week or so ago.. after many many yrs of using it without issues, it started sending me spam voicemail and messages. No idea what caused it, but it was definitely a new issue.

Posted via CB10
    cboelens and enots27 like this.
    03-21-16 02:56 PM
    I installed the android version without any patch, and it worked! I just clicked back button while it was saying loading back ups...haha. Message is quick to receive, no lags. Works very fine. Now I'm not afraid if the native app is gone!

Mia San Mia!
    nevertoofar likes this.
    03-21-16 04:32 PM
    I tried patching it with decompile on and off. The app didn't work. It would let me get past putting in my phone number.
    Unpatched it let me continue past entering my phone number. I didn't go past receiving the SMS to confirm as I have no interest in using this app. I did it to just help those with installing issues.
    No need to patch too
    Dont need to download whatsapp from 3rd party sites
    just download it from official
    https://www.whatsapp.com/android/
    it will give u apk without drive dependencies :P
    and work flawlessly minimum in mine

Edit:
    If u wanna apk i can share but i have just downloaded from whatsapp only
    Last edited by kdhingra307; 03-22-16 at 02:20 PM.
    03-22-16 01:55 AM
    Android whatsapp on my Passport run flawlessly.

Posted via Passport Silver Edition 
    03-22-16 09:51 AM
    No need to patch too
    Dont need to download whatsapp from 3rd party sites
    just download it from official
    https://www.whatsapp.com/android/
    it will give u apk with drive dependencies :P
    and work flawlessly minimum in mine

Edit:
    If u wanna apk i can share but i have just downloaded from whatsapp only
    This will work even better than the one on Google Play.
    03-22-16 10:27 AM
    Haha! Nice! Now nobody will be worried for Whatsapp and facebook! I've got the android version of facebook too, works like a charm!

Mia San Mia!
    03-22-16 12:22 PM
    Haha! Nice! Now nobody will be worried for Whatsapp and facebook! I've got the android version of facebook too, works like a charm!

Mia San Mia!
    Which version of Facebook?

Posted via CB10
    03-22-16 01:03 PM
    Re downloand from office whatsapp website...mine just hangs on looking for backups again...don't seem to be able to do anything...anyone any other ideas

Tom

Posted via CB10
    03-22-16 06:16 PM

Mia San Mia!
    Sure. But does it come with hub notifications? That's what people's been clamoring about. Otherwise, ye might as well use the browser. Sucks a LOT less battery juice that way.
    03-22-16 10:04 PM
    Sure. But does it come with hub notifications? That's what people's been clamoring about. Otherwise, ye might as well use the browser. Sucks a LOT less battery juice that way.
    No. Android Whatsapp on BB10 does return notifiation. It will come in the Notification section in the Hub.

03-22-16 11:05 PM
    No. Android Whatsapp on BB10 does return notifiation. It will come in the Notification section in the Hub.

I know that. I once used android WA as well. What I meant was android Facebook. Does it have notification on the hub once installed? I tried the lite version once and it doesn't. But it works just fine. Just sans the hub.
    03-23-16 01:18 AM
184 123 ...