09-19-17 10:23 AM
37 12
tools
    My only intention right now is to make the Samsung Gear live act as a clock.
    I have az10 with OS version 10.2
    When the phone starts it imediately asks you to install android wear on your phone. Android Wear do not run on 10.2.1 I managed to install it sideloading but it do not start.
    Now, if you connect the clock from your phone with bluetooth the phone screen change. You must activate now Internet thtetering in your phone AND connect to the watch again. If everything is OK, you'll see your watch downloading lastest software and your BB10 will show about 60MB being downloaded from thetering.

After downloading the software, the watch restarts and tries to connect to the internet for last setup. It cannot until you go from Internet Thetering in your phone and connect to the watch again with bluetooth (i understand conneciont get lost while rebooting).

Once that done, the watch says it is connected and the clock shows!!
    12-01-14 10:16 AM
    Ok, more info of what didn't work (at least for me).

I autoloaded the last version of OS (10.3.1.1154).

Offtopic: I had a problem restoring data from backup that got solved installing the last version of BBLink AND UPDATING THE DRIVERS (it only asked to upload the drivers when asking to restore factory OS).

I installed all kind of patched packages from cobalt:

cobalt.android.browser.apk
    cobalt.blackberry.androidID-v1.1.apk
    cobalt.google.settings.apk
    com.android.vending-5.0.38-cobalt.apk
    com.cobalt.playstoredownloader-1.0.0.2.apk
    com.google.android.gms-5.0.89-cobalt.apk
    com.google.android.gms-6.1.05-cobalt.apk
    com.google.android.gsf.login-4.3-cobalt.apk

I used GMaps_Patcher_Win_1.3.zip to patch last version of android wear.

The result is that the app sees the clock and start connection and pairs, yet afterwards it does not manage to go through the setup process. After a time out the clock says it succesfully got set up, but not even the clock time get correctly set up, and the clock do not connect anymore with the phone.
    UPDATE: I tried to install the patched version of the very first version I fount of android wear (to see if start protocol was simpler) with same result. No connection to the watch.
    Last edited by Eduard Pertinez; 12-04-14 at 05:13 AM. Reason: Update
    Traugs likes this.
    12-04-14 03:50 AM
    Was anyone able to get Android Wear to work on a BB?
    01-21-16 06:38 PM
    Is there any user of a BB10 with Cobal's google/Play service using an android wear smarthwatch?
    Thanks
    09-13-17 08:14 AM
    I recently purchased the polar m600. It came with wear 1, but upgraded to wear 2 shortly after purchase (like 6 hours). Both worked well for me on my KEYone. Wear 2, I must admit, is an impressive platform. I've been extremely happy using it for the past week.
    09-13-17 09:44 AM
    Android Wear will not - EVER - work on BB10.
    09-13-17 08:34 PM
    why is it not possible? Communication protocols?
    Google services?

Posted via CB10
    09-15-17 02:40 AM
    Android Wear is tightly integrated into genuine Google Mobile Services (GMS), and even Cobalt's hacked Google Play Services don't (and can't) support all of those functions.

Also, the next release (presumably 3.0) is rumored to require Android 5.0 as the minimum host OS version, which makes sense. That will leave the BB10 runtime completely behind.
    09-15-17 08:33 PM
    That is super bad, not only because it doesn't work on bb10 but also because this high dependency of google instead of open standards....

It think that I will wait for a smart watch really smart and based in a standard

Posted via CB10
    09-16-17 11:56 AM
    There are a total of TWO successful mobile OSs: iOS and Android.

Your choices for a smartwatch that works with iOS are: the iWatch and... well, just the iWatch.

You've got about 2 dozen choices for watches that work with Android.

The issue is not with the watches - the issue is that you are using a failed mobile OS that even the company who created it effectively abandoned it more than 3 years ago. That's practically forever in mobile tech terms.

BB10 will only continue to get left behind. Of course, you are welcome to keep using it as long as it works for you, but if you think anyone is going to cater to it now or in the future, you're delusional. BB10 is shedding tons of users each month - and when they leave, they'll be gone forever. By the beginning of next year, BB10 will have less than 1M active devices. To put that into perspective, Google activates almost 2M new Android devices each and every day.
    09-17-17 11:41 AM
    Just get a Pebble Smart Watch. Works flawlessly with bb10

Sent from my Passport Red Edition
    09-17-17 10:25 PM
    Nice information.
    Just bluetooth?
    Have you cobalt's google service?
    Do you need any android app or something special?
    What apps are you using with peeble?

Posted via CB10
    09-19-17 10:23 AM
37 12