So windows is fractured too because there are way too many manufacturers?
    Kind of. But I said that it's fractured when they add their own skins and stuff to the OS, on Windows it's usually just some trial apps that are added so not as big a deal.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport (OG Red)
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-16-15 01:21 AM
    Both ecosystems have pros and cons. Majority of world population is all about apps. People don't really care about productivity or security for that matter. Majority, only require apps they want and see useful.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2813
    12-21-15 01:57 PM
    Both ecosystems have pros and cons. Majority of world population is all about apps. People don't really care about productivity or security for that matter. Majority, only require apps they want and see useful.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2813
    A contradiction in terms.

For some folks, productivity is enhanced by access to apps.
    kbz1960, Vistaus and GadgetTravel like this.
    12-21-15 03:17 PM
    A contradiction in terms.

For some folks, productivity is enhanced by access to apps.
    What if someone doesn't need an app to be productive because everything is working so well? What if the operating system is so good it doesn't need apps? Eg
    The built-in Web browser is so good one won't need any other
    Could you share which productivity applications is BlackBerry missing?
    01-03-16 08:39 PM
    What if someone doesn't need an app to be productive because everything is working so well? What if the operating system is so good it doesn't need apps? Eg
    The built-in Web browser is so good one won't need any other
    Could you share which productivity applications is BlackBerry missing?
    Let's start with the beloved browser.

My needs are not everyone's, but let me describe what I need with regards to browser: cloud sync. I work from several terminals everyday... being able to seamlessly access data from phone to tablet to Windows machine is priceless. Knowing that my standalone password manager has a Windows version? Again, priceless.

That's the thing. No company can do it all. Palm stumbled on the concept, Apple refined it and Google jumped on the bandwagon: The true worth of an OS is all but defined by the ability of its manufacturer to develop for it. Ask Microsoft.

The vets here can tell you there was a time BlackBerry had a better ecosystem than Apple's.

The app marketplace pushes development. Look at Google Maps... it's considered the standard in mobile navigation. Well, just 4 years ago, there were several apps I would consider better at the time. Those apps forced Android to improve its native offering, and today, Gmaps is thriving. Same goes for Google Keyboard.

Compare this to where the BB10 maps and keyboard are. Fantastic apps, but little to no native options to really force improvements.

Apps allow me to create a device that is mine.

My company uses Hangouts for conferencing. I use MS Word, which beats D2G for my needs (as it should). I manage a few Gapps email accounts, and nothing is better than Gmail for those. Chromecast is my preferred presentation tool. I could go on and on.

To answer your question: if the device works great out of the box, that is beautiful. Still, as BlackBerry is finding out, one best give potential customers the option. Purely common sense, really. It's better to cater to BOTH folks who don't want/need apps and those that do.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-04-16 09:41 AM
    Knowing that my standalone password manager has a Windows version? Again, priceless.
    Thats why I use and love Keepass and not Password Keeper but your point is well taken.
    01-04-16 09:45 AM
    So BlackBerry 10 doesn't have the possibility to cloud sync? So far the things mentioned are preferences.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-16 04:15 PM
    I will be using BB10 for most if not all of 2016.

Posted via CB10
    danifulger likes this.
    01-07-16 01:11 AM
    01-22-16 08:00 PM
    Just another thing is that the OS stopped the crackberry application while i was using to browser to get some links for opening a thread. Very frustrating after writing an entire thread to get back to the application and find the OS chose to pause it and lose all the writting.

Posted via the CrackBerry App
    01-23-16 02:51 AM
    Just another thing is that the OS stopped the crackberry application while i was using to browser to get some links for opening a thread. Very frustrating after writing an entire thread to get back to the application and find the OS chose to pause it and lose all the writting.

What device are you using?
    01-23-16 03:00 AM
    Samsung p6200

01-23-16 03:51 AM
    Samsung p6200

There's the problem.

You need Lollipop and above for proper multitasking and "concurrent activities" function. You will always go back to where you left off.
    01-23-16 04:32 AM
    Conite, last night I was using a galaxy alpha 3 on 5.0.2 it's the same thing. Actually this is better since it is rooted and can tweak a thing or two. On alpha with knox, it is not rooted it is worse.

01-23-16 04:56 AM
    There's the problem.

You need Lollipop and above for proper multitasking and "concurrent activities" function. You will always go back to where you left off.
    The p6200 is on 4.0 something. Not that bad ...

01-23-16 05:18 AM
    Samsung p6200

Wow. That's a circa 2011 tablet-phone. Ancient specs compared with what's currently available.

*C5303
    01-23-16 05:31 AM
    Wow. That's a circa 2011 tablet-phone. Ancient specs compared with what's currently available.

*C5303
    we're talking about some major flaws of Android tested on multiple Android devices which behave the same or worse. but hey if specs are doing it for you then be my guest.
    2015 - 3 years later
    Samsung Galaxy Tab E 9.6 - Full tablet specifications
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 V - Full tablet specifications
    Two years later
    Samsung Galaxy Tab Active LTE - Full tablet specifications
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 LTE - Full tablet specifications

comparison : Samsung Galaxy Tab E 9.6 vs. Samsung P6200 Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus vs. Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7 - GSMArena.com
    am getting tired. Is this one good enough for you? will use this as a test phone. Samsung Galaxy A3 - Full phone specifications
    Last edited by danifulger; 01-23-16 at 07:42 AM.
    01-23-16 06:42 AM
    So for a 1st comparison go to this website. Job offers | BestJobs . if you donțt have the desktop mode enabled in your browser probably it will display the mobile version which requires a few extra steps. scroll down and tap on see jobs just under the green sign in screen. After tapping on the see jobs button the website should load the list with the jobs. Scroll all the way down again so that 3 or 4 new lists of jobs will be loaded. Tap on "more jobs" and load a few extra 1s. Please take note of the last jobs listed there. Open 3, 4 new web address tabs, go to some web addresses of your choice. Preferably some graphics intense ones like...AOL? (not related to the Yahoo article by the way.) You could also go to the music player and even open the Android file manager and open a random .Pdf file. Done ? Now you could go back to the tab of the Job offers | BestJobs website? Do you remember the last job ad displayed?Good. It is still there? Could you please tell if the website is displaying the last jobs you had listed or is it loading the website again and need to start all over to get to the last job where you left it?
    It does this on Android 4.04, 5.0.2. Android is not a real time OS. Android is the shame of the mobile OS world.
    Last edited by danifulger; 01-23-16 at 08:28 AM.
    01-23-16 07:51 AM
    as of 2016 Android still didn't get to catch on with QNX besides some fancy JAVA programmed graphics ....
    03-04-16 01:38 PM
94 ... 234