You should stop talking about topics that are not confirmed.
    Posted via CB10
    OK. Shall we come back 12 months from now and see if I am right?
    12-12-15 09:07 PM
    Exactly, we just do not yet know what is going to happen, so let's not spread false rumors.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-15 09:23 PM
    10.3.3 will likely come March/April 2016 and it will likely contain one or two tiny features... just enough so that the "optimists" can feel vindicated.

I would guess 10.3.4 will come at the end of 2016.
    But the "optimists" won't concede until they hear it straight from the horses mouth.
    When that confirmation will come, I can not say.

12 months from now things could still be "debatable".

Also there are some people that still claim the earth is flat.
    JeepBB likes this.
    12-12-15 09:23 PM
    But the "optimists" won't concede until they hear it straight from the horses mouth.

BlackBerry fans are the most optimistic in the world bar none. Even if JC sent a notarized letter stating intent, some would call even him a naysayer and and drown out the news with Journey music.
    Last edited by Tre Lawrence; 12-13-15 at 09:38 AM.
    jabia and JeepBB like this.
    12-13-15 12:14 AM
    It's honestly like comparing apples and oranges. Depends on what you need your phone for.

ClassicSQC100-4/10.3.2.2639
    12-13-15 12:21 AM
    10.3.3 will likely come March/April 2016 and it will likely contain one or two tiny features... just enough so that the "optimists" can feel vindicated.

I would guess 10.3.4 will come at the end of 2016.
    When that confirmation will come, I can not say.

12 months from now things could still be "debatable".

Also there are some people that still claim the earth is flat.
    I also want to hear it straight from the horses mouth, but that doesn't mean that I'm optimistic about BB10 future. I just don't like it when people are being a wise-*** before official word is out.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport (OG Red)
    12-13-15 01:06 AM
    I never understood this "the browser is better". Just because BB10 users are sometimes "forced" to use the browser instead of an app, it doesn't make it better.

For anyone even suggesting the browser is better, I would just suggest them to use the browser instead of their email app and then tell me how the browser is better.
    In some cases, the browser is just as good as an app (or better every once in a blue moon). But not for everything, e-mail is indeed one of those things that's better in an app or the Hub. CrackBerry also because Mobile Nations sites are slow in the browser, not only on BB10 but also on the desktop (although that may be a location-based thing) while CB10 is super fast and fluid.
    But there are things that are as good in the browser as they are in an app. One example of a thing being better in the browser, IMHO, is Jamendo. Their Android app looks nice but is very cumbersome to use, while their mobile site is really, really nice to use. Twitter is an example of being almost as good in the browser if you compare it to their native BB10/Android app (NOT 3rd party apps), the only thing that's really lacking is Hub notifications but that's only because BlackBerry hasn't implemented the W3C Notifications API in the browser.

12-13-15 01:08 AM
    I also want to hear it straight from the horses mouth, but that doesn't mean that I'm optimistic about BB10 future. I just don't like it when people are being a wise-*** before official word is out.

Why don't you like it, how does it hurt you?
    12-13-15 06:54 AM
    It's about what it's best for you and for what you use your phone!

Posted via CB10
    12-13-15 08:09 AM
    Exactly, we just do not yet know what is going to happen, so let's not spread false rumors.
    Posted via CB10
    Except it isn't false rumors. I am just repeating what BlackBerry themselves have said and done in actions with the development of BB10.
    12-13-15 08:18 AM
    Some recognize the bear's roar and grab their gun.
    Some would get a clue when they hear it crashing through the brush toward them.
    Some would react when they could actually see the bear charging.
    And some would offer it a Tictac when they smelled it's horrible breath.
    JeepBB likes this.
    12-13-15 09:37 AM
    Bears and BB10; one can end your life, the other, not at all.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-15 10:02 AM
    Bears and BB10; one can end your life, the other, not at all.

Posted via CB10
    But which is which?
    12-13-15 10:24 AM
    So who says blackberry browser can't handle flash? Why doesn't someone tries youtube on the BB10 stock browser and see that it's the only one browser out of any mobile OS, Ios included, which displays the closest version to a desktop version. Actually, to me it seemed the only mobile browser which could display youtube identically to a desktop browser. If worked to press play and play the youtube videos so why someone says that flash is not working on the stock blackberry browser? V10.3.3.on z30
    12-14-15 11:11 AM
    It's honestly like comparing apples and oranges. Depends on what you need your phone for.
    What do you mean? Are they competing each other? So if i want to be spied and help a corporation with multiple aplications throughout many industry sectors I go Android? And if I want some privacy I go Blackberry 10, and some unique in the industry desing, gestures, OS build and structure, real time OS?

ClassicSQC100-4/10.3.2.2639
    12-14-15 11:20 AM
    So who says blackberry browser can't handle flash? Why doesn't someone tries youtube on the BB10 stock browser and see that it's the only one browser out of any mobile OS, Ios included, which displays the closest version to a desktop version. Actually, to me it seemed the only mobile browser which could display youtube identically to a desktop browser. If worked to press play and play the youtube videos so why someone says that flash is not working on the stock blackberry browser? V10.3.3.on z30
    ummm.. BlackBerry did.

BlackBerry Knowledge Base explains the removal of Adobe Flash from OS 10.3.1 | CrackBerry.com
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-14-15 11:23 AM
    Please provide a citation for this known bug. Frankly I'm skeptical.
    Someone else provided a link. I've had all sorts of connectivity issues on Android, but they just annoy. The one think about BB10 is that all this stuff seems to have been written for the launch of the new OS and isn't old legacy-ware like Android. Even Bluetooth is rock solid on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-15 11:24 AM
    This is just because John Chen had laid off the best browser team in mobile and didn't want to continue to pay Adobe for the licensing fee. I also think it was a minor security vulnerability.

Amazing how Chen lied to everyone insisting that he wasn't dismantling the BB10 team and getting prepared to end BlackBerry as a platform. Everyone was angry with me for pointing it out since the guy arrived, but here we are...

Posted via CB10
    12-14-15 11:27 AM
    The one think about BB10 is that all this stuff seems to have been written for the launch of the new OS and isn't old legacy-ware like Android. Even Bluetooth is rock solid on BB10.
    I sincerely doubt that.
    It will just be ported from the reference version.
    12-14-15 11:29 AM
    This is just because John Chen had laid off the best browser team in mobile and didn't want to continue to pay Adobe for the licensing fee. I also think it was a minor security vulnerability.

Amazing how Chen lied to everyone insisting that he wasn't dismantling the BB10 team and getting prepared to end BlackBerry as a platform. Everyone was angry with me for pointing it out since the guy arrived, but here we are...

Posted via CB10
    Someone else provided a link. I've had all sorts of connectivity issues on Android, but they just annoy. The one think about BB10 is that all this stuff seems to have been written for the launch of the new OS and isn't old legacy-ware like Android. Even Bluetooth is rock solid on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    I forgot to question this. Did anyone sais something about the immense fragmentation on Android?
    12-14-15 11:41 AM
    I forgot to question this. Did anyone sais something about the immense fragmentation on Android?
    Those of us that use BlackBerry would probably be hesitant to apply the "fragmented" label to any competing OS, seeing the BBRY environment, with different OSes (+plus runtimes), screen sizes, hardware etc.

Talk about "immense."
    12-14-15 02:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    Also because Adobe is abandoning Flash and contributing to HTML5 instead. They announced that, like, 2 years ago after which they stopped updating Flash for Android. And recently they have posted on their blog a phasing out schedule.

12-15-15 12:41 AM
    Those of us that use BlackBerry would probably be hesitant to apply the "fragmented" label to any competing OS, seeing the BBRY environment, with different OSes (+plus runtimes), screen sizes, hardware etc.

Talk about "immense."
    True that (and I am a BlackBerry user!), but different kind of fragmentation. Android is fragmented in the sense that their are waaaay too many manufacturers, BlackBerry is the only mf of BB10 phones. And on top of that, lots of Android mf's add their own layers and sometimes bloatware on top of Android, BB10 and BBOS7 are 99% the same in daily usage. Screen sizes and hardware are fragmentation, but not in the way it's used to describe Android and it could really apply to any mf. Runtime on top of native BlackBerry apps is kind of fragmentation, if not for the fact that they aren't pushing native development as much as they could but do support it. So that's something I agree with in your post.

12-15-15 12:48 AM
    True that (and I am a BlackBerry user!), but different kind of fragmentation. Android is fragmented in the sense that their are waaaay too many manufacturers, BlackBerry is the only mf of BB10 phones. And on top of that, lots of Android mf's add their own layers and sometimes bloatware on top of Android, BB10 and BBOS7 are 99% the same in daily usage. Screen sizes and hardware are fragmentation, but not in the way it's used to describe Android and it could really apply to any mf. Runtime on top of native BlackBerry apps is kind of fragmentation, if not for the fact that they aren't pushing native development as much as they could but do support it. So that's something I agree with in your post.

So windows is fractured too because there are way too many manufacturers?
    DrBoomBotz and JeepBB like this.
    12-15-15 06:41 AM
    Youtube has moved to HTML5 for some time now. The BB10 browser support HTML5 video playback so it works. You could try opening youtube in Chrome or Firefox on an Android device and it will work just as fine.
    kbz1960 and Vistaus like this.
    12-15-15 08:10 AM
94 1234