I jumped to Android in October. Went with the Motorola razr Max HD. I have been extremely disappointed with email, calendar, task and contact sync with Exchange; I am thinking about jumping back to blackberry. I have not been able to keep up with all of the changes and capabilities of the new OS.

Can someone provide a synopsis or point me in a direction to examine the changes and how it will compare to Android? I like the Motorola phone but the screen is almost too big and as mentioned, it doesn't play well with Exchange.
    01-21-13 08:19 PM
    well android uses activesync just the same as bb10 is so if you are having issues on the Razr i cant say you wont have the same on bb10. What issues were you having?
    TigerHawk33 likes this.
    01-21-13 08:33 PM
    My email only syncs manually. Push does not work. I guess I assumed I could use blackberry software on server and have email push again to my device.
    01-21-13 08:45 PM
    My email only syncs manually. Push does not work. I guess I assumed I could use blackberry software on server and have email push again to my device.
    If it won't push on Android, chances are high it will not on BB. What email carrier do you use?

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    TigerHawk33 likes this.
    01-21-13 09:30 PM
    Our office is on small business exchange 2003. I used the Blackberry Manager software (v 4.1) on the server and it pushed email to my Storm 2 very well. On my android it does not auto sync or push to the phone. I tried Touchdown for Android but that didn't seem to sync either. I assume its because my server is getting old/software not functional and a Verizon guy told me that Android doesn't play well with Microsoft Exchange, that's why I was hoping that Blackberry's software would work on BB10 and the new devices. It really annoys me to have to manually sync email. I am not a tech guy. I do miss Blackberry though and have struggled to learn and appreciate Android. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    01-22-13 07:56 AM
    yeah it could because of 2003, otherwise android and starting with bb10, both take advantage of activesync and the exchange server. You might still get push on BB10 actually but its a little unclear still. Same with sync
    TigerHawk33 likes this.
    01-22-13 10:39 AM
    Can someone provide a synopsis or point me in a direction to examine the changes and how it will compare to Android? I like the Motorola phone but the screen is almost too big and as mentioned, it doesn't play well with Exchange.
    Most of the information has not been released yet. You should be able to find more after the BB10 product announcements next week.
    TigerHawk33 likes this.
    01-22-13 10:58 AM