Does anyone think we could get a upgrade to android 5.1 or above with the Passport? I like my Passport, Q10, and Q5 and had a Z10. All great phones, but I feel we are being lost in the Shuffle between iOS and android and will never get the resignation BB10 deserves for ease of use and gesture based use. Maybe one day we will have to upgrade to a Priv, but I can't afford to at the moment, but we just have to see! Love Blackberry!

Posted either with my Passport or Q5!
    01-05-16 10:27 AM
    no you can't. the hardware can't run it
    01-05-16 10:29 AM
    No. Development of BB10 has ended, the developers have mostly been laid off or transferred, except for a skeleton crew who are working on the security patches to be released in March and at the end of the year. Also, by becoming a Google Services licensee, BB can no longer update the Android Runtime even if they were actively developing BB10 (nor could they offer a new BB10 phone that contained an Android Runtime), as this would violate their license with Google.

Your phone is what it is - exactly what it was when you bought it. BB's position is that if you want Android, you need to buy the Priv, the up-coming Vienna, or some other Android phone. There's no money in it for BB to develop an Android build for the Passport - just a lot of expenses and risks.
    01-05-16 10:42 AM
    Sure it could, but it won't happen anyway.
    01-05-16 10:51 AM
    Does anyone think we could get a upgrade to android 5.1 or above with the Passport? I like my Passport, Q10, and Q5 and had a Z10. All great phones, but I feel we are being lost in the Shuffle between iOS and android and will never get the resignation BB10 deserves for ease of use and gesture based use. Maybe one day we will have to upgrade to a Priv, but I can't afford to at the moment, but we just have to see! Love Blackberry!

Posted either with my Passport or Q5!
    Oh BB10 is getting plenty of resignation, you'd best believe it!

(just picking, but your typo actually was appropriate in a twisted way)

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    01-05-16 03:13 PM
    Can't you say? What you will say about this then:

Blackberry just need to put virtual keyboard layout letters / OS translations for BB10OS to standard android OS level so they could finally go to worldwide market and make at least 10 mln/year devices sales goal, that's it.
    Last edited by novapolskas; 01-06-16 at 04:58 AM.
    01-06-16 04:22 AM
    They already announced there are no Runtime updates planned, so no.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-16 04:50 AM
    They already announced there are no Runtime updates planned, so no.

Posted via CB10
    And they don't need to, today they only need just to put decent virtual keyboard layout letters / OS translations for BB10OS to standard android OS level so they could finally go to worldwide market and make at least 10 mln/year devices sales goal, and start to work with "biggest app names" to convince or to make by themselves native BB10 apps and others will follow and we all forget about android apps ever existed, that's it.
    01-06-16 05:01 AM
    Big fat NO.

*C5303
    01-06-16 05:02 AM
    And they don't need to, today they only need just to put decent virtual keyboard layout letters / OS translations for BB10OS to standard android OS level so they could finally go to worldwide market and make at least 10 mln/year devices sales goal, and start to work with "biggest app names" to convince or to make by themselves native BB10 apps and others will follow and we all forget about android apps ever existed, that's it.
    Oh is that all? Can't believe they never thought of it!
    01-06-16 12:29 PM
    BB hardware division: Game Over!
    01-06-16 12:32 PM
    Oh is that all? Can't believe they never thought of it!
    Numbers of supported Languages:
    Blackberry 10 OS: 34
    iOS: 67
    Android: 80
    Windows Phone: 54

as you can see, they still didn't.
    01-06-16 12:48 PM

God damn it man, we got it the first two threads and hundreds of argument posts that followed it.
    jope28 likes this.
    01-06-16 12:52 PM
    Can't you say? What you will say about this then:

Blackberry just need to put virtual keyboard layout letters / OS translations for BB10OS to standard android OS level so they could finally go to worldwide market and make at least 10 mln/year devices sales goal, that's it.
    Internal test model, not a consumer Passport.

Mecca EL and GadgetTravel like this.
    01-06-16 12:55 PM

some people just can't handle the truth, I understand ) miss this serial..
    Last edited by novapolskas; 01-06-16 at 01:31 PM.
    01-06-16 01:21 PM
    Internal test model, not a consumer Passport.

I realize it's sort of early in the year, but this has to be a contender for post of the year.
    DrBoomBotz and iHadLastBB like this.
    01-06-16 02:50 PM
    God damn it man, we got it the first two threads and hundreds of argument posts that followed it.
    Hey, at least he's consistent lol

But seriously, wouldn't it be hilarious is the Amazon App Store stopped working on BlackBerry since their own Bellini OS is Lollipop lol

 Frosty White Q10/.2876 CB10 
    01-06-16 03:06 PM
    I realize it's sort of early in the year, but this has to be a contender for post of the year.
    lol, most important to be able to create emotion.
    01-06-16 03:59 PM