Hey, I have to apologize if this has directly been answered before but i couldn't find it.

Is there any word on if we will get push notifications with android apps in the runtime that will be coming out with the 10.3 os?
    07-09-14 08:37 PM
    Some apps will support it different now. As before, it depends on how the app was coded. That said, they're no longer just text based messages in the Hub under notifications. They're actually rich formatted and more in line with normal notifications. They have their own 'card' now.

https://twitter.com/Kyle27_/status/4...310912/photo/1
    07-09-14 09:14 PM
    This is looking really good, now just waiting for a leak I guess...?

Q10, Q5, Z30... Damn I love leaks too much!
    07-10-14 01:11 AM
    My Words with Friends actually gives me some notifications of words played...!

Crackberry Genius on Verizon STL100-4 10.3.0.296/442
    07-10-14 03:34 AM
    There's a slew of android apps that do notifications now. Just depends on what apps your are referring to.
    07-10-14 01:24 PM
    Many Android apps support push notifications to the hub. But I want to see full interaction with the hub, such as responding to a tweet from the hub as we currently can with native Twitter.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-14 10:44 PM
    Many Android apps support push notifications to the hub. But I want to see full interaction with the hub, such as responding to a tweet from the hub as we currently can with native Twitter.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah well the problem is that if the android app don't do it natively on android phones, I don't think it can be done on BlackBerry 10.

For example, if you can't respond to a tweet directly from the notification on android, I doubt you can have that feature on you BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    07-10-14 11:09 PM
    I think it might be that BlackBerry android runtime doesn't support GCM but does still support C2DM, which is being depreciated and replaced with GCM. Newer apps are using GCM push and not C2DM. I suspect android apps that has "push" active on BlackBerry 10 is because it's still using C2DM.

http://developer.android.com/google/gcm/c2dm.html

Posted via CB10
    Sally Mack and ubizmo like this.
    07-10-14 11:58 PM
    I think it might be that BlackBerry android runtime doesn't support GCM but does still support C2DM, which is being depreciated and replaced with GCM. Newer apps are using GCM push and not C2DM. I suspect android apps that has "push" active on BlackBerry 10 is because it's still using C2DM.

Migration | Android Developers
    I was just noticing C2DM in Task Manager, looked it up, and thought this might be the case. The question I now have is: Is GCM part of the "Google Services" that we can't expect to work eventually on the BB10 runtime? I'm guessing the answer is yes, or else we'd already have it, but I really don't know.

Since Google has stated that only existing apps as of June 26, 2012 will continue to have C2DM support, we can assume that the number of such apps will dwindle to the vanishing point, as even most of those apps are upgraded to use GCM. Do apps in the Amazon store use GCM?
    10-01-14 09:33 AM