Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Hi gang,

I have moved to android few days ago, because my Q5 started acting strangely (freezing few times per day), and no matter I will be forced soon to autoload BBOS, I've bought my first android, because I had a great deal with new Huawei P Smart 2019.

Many things I have managed to settle, but one of the most important options I haven't found a way to make like we have on BB10. This Do not disturb option on android is on half away of managing notifications, which we have on BB10.

Is there any android app which can act nearly great and with similar options?

We could have for every specific contact possibility to manage specific notifications which will override all the notifications, no matter in which mode our phone is working. Also, we could have as much as we want modes (silent, normal, phone calls only, meetings, bedside, our custom modes, etc) and in a one click we could manage for every app, how it will notify. I am missing this SO MUCH.

Also, with BB10 app profile changer we could change automatically modes silent and normal at specific time. (we have that in Do not disturb mode on android, but only for that mode).

Please help, is there any android app for acting like BB10 notifications options?

Thanks in advance ๐Ÿ˜‰

P. S. On a few pages around the net and here on crackberry I have read that it will be involved in Oreo, etc, but my phone have android Pie and still no nearly such possibilities. ๐Ÿ˜ข
    Last edited by Vladislavt; 02-02-19 at 02:51 PM.
    02-02-19 02:37 PM
    There are people who claim that dedicated notification apps can help, but I have found them to be inconsistent, without the deep integration between the Hub and Notifications that allowed almost unlimited notification customization by account/contact/profile in BB10.

At a minimum, I'd like to push all notifictions from all apps to the Hub and never see the Android notification shade again.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Vladislavt, Gajja and gouger05 like this.
    02-02-19 03:10 PM
    Agree.

Today one thought came to my mind. What process in making decisions looks like in Google? In this question, who decide that the notification options will be such?

For example, if Google see how notifications were great at BB10, are their big ego the problem to involve similar options?

I believe that if to some guy, customer, who never had a chance to try BB10, we would just show how easy was, that he will believe that android way is much worse.

EDIT: For now, I will stick to phone options. Do not disturb, and whitelisted some contacts which will be able to reach me any time. Scheduled Do not disturb at specific time per days. Specified ringtones for specific contacts. Adjusting that silent mode doesn't ring for any app. And combining sheduled Do not disturb with manual silent mode (doesn't have any option for sheduled silent mode in phone options, without third party apps).

Also figured that android 9 on my Huawei P Smart 2019, allows me to ajdust priority notifications mode for specific contact in telegram app. Only telegram is allowing this. ๐Ÿ™„

And that's all I will do for now. Tried few third party apps for managing sheduled notifications, etc., but didn't like them.
    Last edited by Vladislavt; 02-03-19 at 06:26 AM.
    02-03-19 04:33 AM
    Hi gang,

I have moved to android few days ago, because my Q5 started acting strangely (freezing few times per day), and no matter I will be forced soon to autoload BBOS, I've bought my first android, because I had a great deal with new Huawei P Smart 2019.

Many things I have managed to settle, but one of the most important options I haven't found a way to make like we have on BB10. This Do not disturb option on android is on half away of managing notifications, which we have on BB10.

Is there any android app which can act nearly great and with similar options?

We could have for every specific contact possibility to manage specific notifications which will override all the notifications, no matter in which mode our phone is working. Also, we could have as much as we want modes (silent, normal, phone calls only, meetings, bedside, our custom modes, etc) and in a one click we could manage for every app, how it will notify. I am missing this SO MUCH.

Also, with BB10 app profile changer we could change automatically modes silent and normal at specific time. (we have that in Do not disturb mode on android, but only for that mode).

Please help, is there any android app for acting like BB10 notifications options?

Thanks in advance ๐Ÿ˜‰

P. S. On a few pages around the net and here on crackberry I have read that it will be involved in Oreo, etc, but my phone have android Pie and still no nearly such possibilities. ๐Ÿ˜ข
    I also do not feel there a

Posted via CB10
    Vladislavt likes this.
    02-03-19 01:13 PM
    Hi gang,

Thanks in advance ๐Ÿ˜‰
    You could try the Good Vibrations app. It is very similar and does a decent job.
    02-03-19 08:17 PM
    There are people who claim that dedicated notification apps can help, but I have found them to be inconsistent, without the deep integration between the Hub and Notifications that allowed almost unlimited notification customization by account/contact/profile in BB10.

At a minimum, I'd like to push all notifictions from all apps to the Hub and never see the Android notification shade again.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Please watch also this my little video (sorry because of my lousy english) ๐Ÿ˜Š

Also the total silence is not possible in android 9. ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„

I wanted to adjust something with the silent mode, and not to use Do not disturb mode at all, but silent mode is also fake. And also doesn't have the option to exclude some contacts from being silenced.

You could try the Good Vibrations app. It is very similar and does a decent job.
    Thanks for vibration app, but I don't like vibrations at all. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜‰
    02-04-19 12:06 PM
    On my Xperia's there is a SmartConnect which does more than it sounds like it should. I can schedule events and times and have it change notification profiles (but only between the 3 normal ones). I can also have different notification for different contacts, but I think that's about it.

As for Android "copying" BB10, well there might be a couple of issues. First would be the patent issue (you'd be surprised what can get patented these days!) and then the customer base, if nobody has seen it before then nobody would be demanding it. Why spend money developing it? Google is not making money from the OS, it is making money from YOU!

A side story: Recently, one of my colleagues (Android guy, always ran Galaxy and Pixels) always making fun of my Passport (but never tried BlackBerry) one day picked it up and played with it. He was so impressed with how it worked from the picture password, the smoothness and fluidity of the UI, the hub, everththing. And he saw a few of the Android apps he uses running on it. I thought it was funny until a couple of hours later he had found one for sale and asked me if it was good deal. He was serious about switching! I had to persuade him to stop the madness ... I knew his FB and WhatsApp addiction would be problematic on BlackBerry
    Vladislavt and ppeters914 like this.
    02-04-19 12:11 PM