Looks like some Android apps are tying well with BlackBerry OS 10.3.1! I have Shazam on my phone, and it seems to give me notifications as it would on a native Android device. Mind you, to save the battery, I close all Android apps. So the Shazam application was closed at the time of the notification.

I Shazamed a song on my iPad, and a few minutes later, had a notification (see images below) appear in the Hub. It informed me of the Shazam I made on my iPad, and gave me the option to open the Shazam app in BlackBerry and listen to the song (using Rdio, also installed on my BlackBerry). That's some pretty deep OS integration for an Android app!

I've been running builds of OS 10.3.1 on my Z30 for a while now, but not until the official release have I seen something like this before. Anyone else receiving interactive Android notifications?

Android Notifications in Background (Running Headless)-img_20150307_202710.png Android Notifications in Background (Running Headless)-img_20150307_202715.png
    03-08-15 12:52 PM
    Not sure why certain words in the post above are highlighted, but can't seem to remove it. Apologies.
    03-08-15 01:17 PM
    You do as long as the Android runtime has been initiated. Just remember that if the device runs low on memory it will shutdown the entire Android runtime first - and then those notifications won't bubble up.

Posted to CB via my Passport | FileArchiveHaven
    03-08-15 01:17 PM
    You do as long as the Android runtime has been initiated. Just remember that if the device runs low on memory it will shutdown the entire Android runtime first - and then those notifications won't bubble up.

Posted to CB via my Passport | FileArchiveHaven
    This is one of the most difficult things about my choice to switch back from my PPSE to my Z30 as my daily driver. 2gb RAM vs 3gb is HUUGEEE. It's the difference between being able to not worry about getting urgent Android notifications vs. having to make sure that you're still receiving them every time you open up a few apps
    02-09-18 11:38 PM