Yeah. Sure. Dude never said they didn't. He said that beginning with N users will be able to reply to the toast message right then and there without ever leaving the currently opened app, no matter what app it may be. When you are done with your reply you continue on with what-ever app you were using in the first place because you never left it. Just like with BB10. By the time Android users go gaga over this the same ability would have been on BB10 for what, five years?
    But BB10 failed to popularize it. In fact I think Windows Phone had ALL of this first with their hubs. The idea was to centralize similar apps' functions around "hubs" (sound familiar?) and allow actions from within the hub without needing to fully open the app. Which ... app makers hate because their apps becomes more like an OS feature and less of their own "brands".

So you're saying in "N" the app maker has no choice as to whether their app uses this or not?
    03-13-16 09:27 AM
    yup i have that now with MM
    In Android "M", apps can also allow direct actions within the notifications shade. Don't know how long that has been the case but it is useful. When I get a call while in the notifications shade, it does not interrupt me but rather silences the ringer and gives choices such as "Answer/Ignore". Very cool. Pretty sure that in BB10 while in the hub, the phone app will force you out when there is an incoming call (??). Or can BB10 show an incoming call with options for actions within the hub? Can't remember.
    03-13-16 09:37 AM
    N looking awesome.

�oStEd ViA bLAckBeRrY Z3/ 10.3.2.2876
    idhbar likes this.
    03-13-16 10:05 AM
    Android N. Is that a codename?

Posted via CB10
    03-13-16 11:12 AM
    Android N. Is that a codename?

Posted via CB10
    Naming convention for all versions of Android is that they go through the alphabet and then associate a dessert/sugary food with it, like "D" was donut, "E" eclair, "F" froyo etc. No one knows what N will be called yet that I know of.
    03-13-16 11:48 AM
    Naming convention for all versions of Android is that they go through the alphabet and then associate a dessert/sugary food with it, like "D" was donut, "E" eclair, "F" froyo etc. No one knows what N will be called yet that I know of.
    Nougat is a high possibility.

Z10 10.3.2.2639 via CB10
    03-13-16 06:28 PM
    Nougat is a high possibility.
    That may be the name that sticks.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    03-13-16 06:57 PM
    Many steps back, not even close to 10.0.1. But they're trying.
    At least it doesn't look like **** as BB10 does.
    But of course, it's not close to BB10. It's still better. Hope they aren't really trying to get down to that level.
    03-14-16 11:49 AM
    I will be hard for every hardware company to execute this os in their smartphones.

�oStEd ViA bLAckBeRrY Z3/ 10.3.2.2876
    03-23-16 10:37 AM
34 12